Bad Luck Strikes Me Again!

denslexusgx470

Hold and behold, MY 2ND ACCIDENT in my life... 2nd accident in a year... 2nd accident within 6 months.. :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

Same story, got rear ended. Physical damages to my CR-V aren't as noticeable as my 1st accident, but the problem is that now my rear door is bent due to a big F-150 hitting me and somewhat misaligned my rear spare tire...

Lucky that this may take out a few more scratches for free, or is it bad luck?? :angry:

Hold and behold, MY 2ND ACCIDENT in my life... 2nd accident in a year... 2nd accident within 6 months..:chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

Same story, got rear ended. Physical damages to my CR-V aren't as noticeable as my 1st accident, but the problem is that now my rear door is bent due to a big F-150 hitting me and somewhat misaligned my rear spare tire...

Lucky that this may take out a few more scratches for free, or is it bad luck?? :angry:

I think you need a sign at the back telling everyone that "I'M HERE!", otherwise they just might not see you? :huh: You know things come in threes? So I'd be looking for the next one for a while. Here's an idea, go out and do #3 yourself to get it over with. This way you can plan it, make it minor and minimize the damage! :P

Years ago, those rear mounted spares stopped me from getting either the Rav4 or the CRV. Can get banged easily anywhere, in a parking lot, stopped at a light, in line for a coffee, etc. Betcha there's only few marks on the F150.

I'd be thankful that your two incidents are only minor fender benders, so I'd say you're lucky after all.

Ya one person said that my car's too "attractive" I guess, and is catching the attention of drivers, hence making them unattentive to their driving lol.. Or there's something on my back window that makes them look (Tint??)...

The stupid F-150 only got a bent front license plate... :chairshot::chairshot::chairshot: This is a minor accident yes, but the impact was slightly BIGGER even though this one came from a stop.

Forgot to explain the story. I was the second car at a stop light. The light turned green but the car in front of me didn't move! I honked my horn to tell him to go and BOOOM... I get hit in my A$$ instead by the F-150 behind me! We pulled over to the side, and at first I thought I only needed a new spare tire cover but once I opened the rear door I found my door to be a little "rough" in the way it opens and closes... After further looking into it, I realized that the door is affected this time but my rear bumper was left unscathed..

To think that a couple hrs before the accident I went to the body shop to set an appt to have them replace a bumper screw that broke off and was stuck in the screw hole. Since it's the shop's workmanship they should change it for free. They were surprised to find me walking into the shop a couple hours later NEEDING AN ESTIMATE.. :cries:

Ha! I don't need a third one... My insurance lady might commit suicide if a third one happens! lol.. She was really annoyed by my meticulous TLC for my cars, and once she got a call from me she immediately said "Oh no, don't tell me you got into ANOTHER ACCIDENT?" and I said "unfortunately, YES".. At that moment she's probably like "Oh crap, here we go again... FML" lol..

Are these rear-end accidents happening at night? If so, you may want to consider adding rear-end fog lights to your Honda as they do with many European vehicles. Our 2005 Jaguar S-Type has rear fog lights (as well as front fog lights) and at first I thought it was a useless feature. That is, before I turned them on one night shortly after we purchased the car and then got out and walked behind it to look at their effect. Those rear fog lights make the vehicle 500% more visible at night to anyone driving behind you. Ever since I did that, I ALWAYS turn on the rear fog lights in our S-Type whenever I'm driving it after dark....

Are these rear-end accidents happening at night? If so, you may want to consider adding rear-end fog lights to your Honda as they do with many European vehicles. Our 2005 Jaguar S-Type has rear fog lights (as well as front fog lights) and at first I thought it was a useless feature. That is, before I turned them on one night shortly after we purchased the car and then got out and walked behind it to look at their effect. Those rear fog lights make the vehicle 500% more visible at night to anyone driving behind you. Ever since I did that, I ALWAYS turn on the rear fog lights in our S-Type whenever I'm driving it after dark....

Actually both my accidents were daytime accidents.. Both weren't during rush hour traffic. The July accident was from a sudden stop scenario so it was more likely to happen.. This one though is not fair because we were all stopped but the F-150 wasn't paying attention and presumed that the cars in front of him were going to move (which makes sense because it was a green light) but apparently we haven't because the person in front of me hasn't :(

Fog lights are a European thing. I know all Mercedes have it, and apparently Jaguars have em too. I don't think our 528i has it but it does have the night time park lights you can leave on (with just one side on) :P

I think your dad is the one you should worry about stroking out if you get into another accident, not your insurance lady! :lol: Even though these clearly aren't your fault, after a while the insurance company says "a claim is a claim".

This type of accident is the worst! It's like a papercut. I remember when I bought my Maxima, my 1st new car purchase on my own, 10 days later, a scenario just like yours happened to me. It sucked, and ended up costing north of $3,000 to fix. Had to replace the rear bumper and all the underpingings associated with it. Lady in front of me juiced it to merge into traffic, then slammed on the brakes. You know the rest.....

Ya I'm wondering if this will affect my insurance... "Bad luck premium"?? Both are obviously not my fault, and both didn't happen with adverse weather or anything, so I have no idea how my insurance is going to look at this. The last accident didn't raise the premium and I really hope and pray that it won't raise my premium this time.. <_<

Pictures

Door won't shut properly.. Need to slam door to shut it

11861_231707029492_613954492_4164837_524771_n.jpg

11861_231695889492_613954492_4164831_7373565_n.jpg

The ONLY naked eye damage that any Tom, !Removed!, and Harry on the streets will notice.. Otherwise it's really "big" because it's the door that's affected

11861_231695899492_613954492_4164832_4033574_n.jpg

Ya I'm wondering if this will affect my insurance... "Bad luck premium"?? Both are obviously not my fault, and both didn't happen with adverse weather or anything, so I have no idea how my insurance is going to look at this. The last accident didn't raise the premium and I really hope and pray that it won't raise my premium this time.. <_<

But if the F-150 hit you shouldn't his/her insurance cover the cost to fix your car, not yours? Unless they didn't have insurance...

I've been in... 2 accidents (both my fault) and filed 2 more claims for when i accidentally hit a hydrant and for when my car was keyed, and i've had 3 speeding tickets... all in the past 4 years- and our insurance hasn't increased at all. I guess it depends on the company.

If someone else hits you, you have your own insurance company pay the shop for the damages, then they'll go after the other person's insurance company... Pretty sure how it works.

The F-150 has insurance. The painful part is that the truck is a work truck so it doesn't really matter to the guy who hit me aside from his insurance premium going up.

I'm not paying a single penny for this so I'm waiting for the other insurance to answer so that even my deductible will be covered. My insurance SHOULD NOT go up, but we know how insurance scams work... My mom's non-fault accident where she got rear-ended her premium went up a bit even though it was not her fault. <_<

I've been in... 2 accidents (both my fault) and filed 2 more claims for when i accidentally hit a hydrant and for when my car was keyed, and i've had 3 speeding tickets... all in the past 4 years- and our insurance hasn't increased at all. I guess it depends on the company.

My guess is that you're not registered as the "primary" driver, or your deductible has been increasing? 7 infractions in 4 years, 6 of which were your fault, and no increase in your rate? If I recall, you're under 25 years of age too aren't you? Either you're not getting the full story, or you better send one heck of a Christmas card to your insurance company! Actually, scratch that idea, don't do anything that might draw attention to yourself. Because if your rates honestly haven't moved with this kind of score card, then you'd best keep hiding in the cracks! ;)

My guess is that you're not registered as the "primary" driver, or your deductible has been increasing? 7 infractions in 4 years, 6 of which were your fault, and no increase in your rate? If I recall, you're under 25 years of age too aren't you? Either you're not getting the full story, or you better send one heck of a Christmas card to your insurance company! Actually, scratch that idea, don't do anything that might draw attention to yourself. Because if your rates honestly haven't moved with this kind of score card, then you'd best keep hiding in the cracks! ;)

I'm not sure if i'm a primary driver, all i know is that i am on my parent's plan. They've been with this company for, well it's gotta be over 20yrs plus, for auto, house and life... and the only infraction on their record is from my mom's speeding ticket from over 10 years ago. My mom's also pretty close with our agent there, could that have something to do with it?

My parents have 4 cars in their name- My mom's, my dad's, mine, and an extra Toyota pick-up truck we use for plowing or carrying junk around etc. According to the insurance, i'm "supposed" to be the primary driver of the pick-up (because it's the least expensive), and my dad's supposed to be the driver of his car and my mom's (most expensive), and my mom's supposed to be the primary driver of my car. I guess it looks better on paper for me to be driving the cheapest car since i'm 20yrs old.

But it's been 2 years and 1 month since my last ticket- i'm really trying to improve :) And 2 years since my last accident (that was my fault involved with another car). Only claims since then were from last year when i accidentally sideswiped a hydrant, and when my car was keyed this summer...

I remember when i got my past ticket, i went to my insurance co to talk to them about it (to see if it would increase rates) and they told me they go over everything once a year, and that sometimes they check, and sometimes they don't. Don't really know what that means, but apparently they didn't check because our rates haven't increased at all :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

BARELY finally getting progress from these stupid insurances!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Ridiculous it's been over a month now! :chairshot: Won't be until about Jan 18ish when I can bring the car in because obviously stupid insurance is trying to avoid weekends because of the rental car factor that they have to provide me a rental car while my car is in the shop....

The next stress: to push the shop to get NEW parts and replace as much as I can. I removed my spare tire and found dents in my rear door so it's more than " a scratch" on my spare tire cover

• 3 weeks later...
Wish I could just sell or get rid of the CRV, and have this instead lol...

11861_232231719492_613954492_4166980_6622110_n.jpg

Would be a nice garage huh? Lexus vs BMW vs Mercedes lol! :lol: :lol:

Nah, you dont want that MB GLK, its a piece of !Removed!. Go for the Audi Q5 or the redesign X3.

Sorry to hear about your accident, now you have a good excuse to go out and buy a new SUV :)