New To This Forum

Romane

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id rather spend money on performance than cosmetics anyday and im not gonna put pacaging tape on te lights and i am under the age of 21 so wut? that gives me more reason to want to do this im not old and want comfortable springs n a smooth drivetrain u dont seea 2jz dropping in my lap cause thats not realistic but i can pic up a 2J for about a hundred i also am getting stiff suspension from wut i heard megans are stiff n i want it that way

n u guys say there are much better performance cars than the ls? well i have the LS i picked it up for 3K but if u guys are willing to give me money for another car then be my guest ill gladly get another car but if not then stop hating

just my though

If you're going to continue with this, please buy a dictionary or go back to high school and try again. I certainly hope you don't have a diploma, you don't deserve it. I've tried to read that gibberish above four times and I simply cannot decipher it at all. Maybe I'm just not ignorant enough, or maybe I took what I learned about common English and proper grammar to heart and actually heed it, either way your post looks like one big run-on sentence full of words from another language.

All I can get out of it is you'd rather your car be really fast but unsafe, unable to control, and look like absolute garbage. Well, you've succeeded. Congratulations. As pointed out, you could have bought a 5spd BMW for the same price and had a much better platform to build on performance wise. True, there is a strong following of the 1UZ and people get a ton of power from that engine, but they usually put it into a smaller, lighter car. Gutting and stripping a nice, big four door luxury car just to make it faster it like taking a really beautiful girl and dressing her in rags and and painting her face with mud. You've taken something nice and ruined it. And for what? It's not like it's any faster or handles any better unless you've removed several hundreds pounds from it. You're better off driving without doors and bumpers if you want it really fast.

It's not like it's any faster or handles any better unless you've removed several hundreds pounds from it. You're better off driving without doors and bumpers if you want it really fast.

This is the truth! Removing 50 pounds of interior bits isn't going to do squat.

RDM: why do u kepp baggin on my english are u an english teacher or sumthing?? i may not be a rick *BLEEP* like ur self but i will apologize that my white family sent me to school in the ghetto.<----(look i used a period im getting better ryt?)

and as for everyone else im not finished with my car taking out the interior is just the first step n guys dont u think if i was to take off the doors n bumper the car wouldnt look cool wow u guys are funny nactually the ls400 does handle way better with a completely gutted interior and trunk im sorry maybe you guys haven't try'd cause ur to old to take away the luxurious look of ur nice LS

its great that u guys think that the LS can only be use for one maybe two purposes only wake up guys think out side the box!!but then again all you guys hating prably are just followers of one trend.<---(look RDM another one) :D

RDM: why do u kepp baggin on my english are u an english teacher or sumthing?? i may not be a rick *BLEEP* like ur self but i will apologize that my white family sent me to school in the ghetto.<----(look i used a period im getting better ryt?)

and as for everyone else im not finished with my car taking out the interior is just the first step n guys dont u think if i was to take off the doors n bumper the car wouldnt look cool wow u guys are funny nactually the ls400 does handle way better with a completely gutted interior and trunk im sorry maybe you guys haven't try'd cause ur to old to take away the luxurious look of ur nice LS

its great that u guys think that the LS can only be use for one maybe two purposes only wake up guys think out side the box!!but then again all you guys hating prably are just followers of one trend.<---(look RDM another one) :D

The one trend that we follow is the non-ghetto trend. You need to get yourself a test drive in a good-handling car before you go off saying that the LS handles great. One ride in a truly nimble sports car like an S2000, Miata or Porsche, and I think this thread will be over!

I be hatin'!

P.S. I'm not much older than you are.

The one trend that we follow is the non-ghetto trend. You need to get yourself a test drive in a good-handling car before you go off saying that the LS handles great. One ride in a truly nimble sports car like an S2000, Miata or Porsche, and I think this thread will be over!

I be hatin'!

P.S. I'm not much older than you are.

dude have u not read any of my other replys? i like the ls not anyother cars i take this LS to GMR asuza canyon n race it handles fine with stock springs maybe ur not driving it ryt??

I have a problem with poor typing skills because it makes the person typing appear to be an ignorant !Removed!. It's really hard to help someone with technical questions when you're certain they're too stupid to understand the answers. Going to a school in the ghetto has nothing to do with it, school is school, any decent educational system is able to teach at least the most basic English. Your excuse just tells us you didn't pay attention, didn't try, and don't care now. Still, I would give that diploma back, you clearly didn't deserve it. But let's move on.

A 2JZGTE with harness, ECU, and manual transmission cannot be had for less than $2000. That's being nice. I've seen some go as high as $5000. Now you still need to buy the clutch, pedals, driveshaft, etc to swap to a manual. So let's say being nice again you've got all your swap parts total for $6000. Now you have to get it installed. No offense here, but I don't see you doing it yourself. Even if you have a good friend who knows his way around a wrench, you're in for minimum another $1000 in misc. parts. So now with all this done you've managed to acquire another 70hp. From a heavier engine I might add.

Awesome. Now that you've made a mediocre increase in power, you want more. Turbo, manifold, upgrade parts are going to run another $2000-3000. With this the car will now be pretty quick, but you're also making this power on a nearly 20yr old chassis with worn out parts. To safely put down that kind of power you need to upgrade even more.

Brakes: The OE brakes on a 1st gen LS are not very good. With more power behind them you'll want to upgrade to 2nd gen or Supra brakes, if not a Brembo or bigger setup. $2000 more.

Suspension: You've added coilovers. Wow, so it's dumped on blown bushings. To be able to handle well you'll need to replace and/or upgrade all of the remaining suspension parts. Ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, etc. Since the LS isn't designed to ride extremely low you'll want either extended shank rod ends or custom spindles, as the angle of the tie rod when lowered introduces a ton of bumpsteer. Ikeya Formula in Japan makes full replacement parts with adjustable length, spherical bearings, all these parts run about $3000. Even if you go OE you're looking at $1000-1500 in new parts to bring it back to the OEM spec.

Differential: The stock open diff can't put down that kind of power effectively. A Supra LSD with ring and pinion are said to work in the LS case, so get another $600-1000 out for that. That may not even be accurate, you might have to adapt other parts over or make custom parts.

So now that you've gotten the car back up to spec and it can actually handle the power upgrades you've made, you want it to look good. You'd want to, right? Otherwise it's just an ugly, janky car that's really fast. So $5000 for aero, paint, and better wheels.

Congratulations, you now have over $15,000 in a car that's worth on the books $3000 on it's best day. And the first time you drive it, because you're a know it all, you'll stuff it into the side of a canyon or worse, another car. Now you have lost four years worth of cooking fries at McDonalds and all you have to show for it is a stack of legal bills that is ten times what you could have ever spent on the car. There's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. But you're so far out you can't even see the box.

Like you, when I was your age I was a cocky little prick too. I thought I was so cool driving around in my first car like a fool until I netted three tickets in as many months. I thought I was the most hardcore, badass dude on the block. And if I had the internet then, I would have come on all tough and beat my chest just like you're doing now. I then realized though I was nothing more than a jackass behind the wheel and wised up. You should too. You're only digging a hole that you can never begin to get out of.

Rebuttal?

Congratulations, you now have over $15,000 in a car that's worth on the books $3000 on it's best day. And the first time you drive it, because you're a know it all, you'll stuff it into the side of a canyon or worse, another car. Now you have lost four years worth of cooking fries at McDonalds and all you have to show for it is a stack of legal bills that is ten times what you could have ever spent on the car. There's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. But you're so far out you can't even see the box.

Like you, when I was your age I was a cocky little prick too. I thought I was so cool driving around in my first car like a fool until I netted three tickets in as many months. I thought I was the most hardcore, badass dude on the block. And if I had the internet then, I would have come on all tough and beat my chest just like you're doing now. I then realized though I was nothing more than a jackass behind the wheel and wised up. You should too. You're only digging a hole that you can never begin to get out of.

Rebuttal?

:cheers:

What he said!

A 2JZGTE with harness, ECU, and manual transmission cannot be had for less than $2000. That's being nice. I've seen some go as high as $5000. Now you still need to buy the clutch, pedals, driveshaft, etc to swap to a manual. So let's say being nice again you've got all your swap parts total for $6000. Now you have to get it installed. No offense here, but I don't see you doing it yourself. Even if you have a good friend who knows his way around a wrench, you're in for minimum another $1000 in misc. parts. So now with all this done you've managed to acquire another 70hp. From a heavier engine I might add.

Awesome. Now that you've made a mediocre increase in power, you want more. Turbo, manifold, upgrade parts are going to run another $2000-3000. With this the car will now be pretty quick, but you're also making this power on a nearly 20yr old chassis with worn out parts. To safely put down that kind of power you need to upgrade even more.

Brakes: The OE brakes on a 1st gen LS are not very good. With more power behind them you'll want to upgrade to 2nd gen or Supra brakes, if not a Brembo or bigger setup. $2000 more.

Suspension: You've added coilovers. Wow, so it's dumped on blown bushings. To be able to handle well you'll need to replace and/or upgrade all of the remaining suspension parts. Ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, etc. Since the LS isn't designed to ride extremely low you'll want either extended shank rod ends or custom spindles, as the angle of the tie rod when lowered introduces a ton of bumpsteer. Ikeya Formula in Japan makes full replacement parts with adjustable length, spherical bearings, all these parts run about $3000. Even if you go OE you're looking at $1000-1500 in new parts to bring it back to the OEM spec.

Differential: The stock open diff can't put down that kind of power effectively. A Supra LSD with ring and pinion are said to work in the LS case, so get another $600-1000 out for that. That may not even be accurate, you might have to adapt other parts over or make custom parts.

So now that you've gotten the car back up to spec and it can actually handle the power upgrades you've made, you want it to look good. You'd want to, right? Otherwise it's just an ugly, janky car that's really fast. So $5000 for aero, paint, and better wheels.

Rebuttal?

Took the words right out of my mouth.............. ;) This is the human that will wind up in Prison/Hospital/Morgue/Assylum or forever in court settling a manslaughter case, Enough said.....Close this thread Mods.......Please !!!

I aim to please.

Seriously though, my other car is a 240SX, I autocross it and run HPDE often, so I've spent quite a bit of money on it to make it competitive in legally sanctioned racing. That's the difference though, it began as a lightweight 2dr sports coupe and I race it legally with full safety equipment on real tracks. It's not a 4dr luxury car that I drive really fast on local expressways chasing Honda Civics.

Street racing of any form, even on a deserted road, is just the stupidest thing a person can ever do, period. I see probably 20 new forum members a week with 240SXs wanting to be the next king of drifting, drag racing, or just plain cool. Just like this kid. They're all full of themselves, talk tough, and refuse to listen to common sense or good judgment. A good bit of them fizzle out after they realize their pipe dreams will never take place, the rest throw a JDM engine in their car, cut the springs in half, and race it into a ditch.

Good riddance to all of them. The import sports car world gets enough bad press, let's not transition that into luxury cars.

the writing over the head light is "mo betta"in english "more better" haha yeah the fog lights are custom the L emblem is actually purple to match the rimz um the intierior is actually pretty much gutted out n i actually use this car in the canyons and can keep up with all those lil hondas n 240s

Hey Ro, get yo "mo betta" !Removed! into a canyon cruiser like this one ... that'll make those pesky hondas run for the hills! :ph34r:

bigcar.jpg

dude have u not read any of my other replys? i like the ls not anyother cars i take this LS to GMR asuza canyon n race it handles fine with stock springs maybe ur not driving it ryt??
I took it to Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap, TN and drove the hell out of it. It has to be the least fun in a car I've ever had when I was trying to have fun. Sure, I could still keep up with my friends in the Porsche and BMW, but it was so isolating and completely the opposite of what the car is intended to do!

BTW my UCF20 is lighter than your 1st gen.

hahah well i guess u guys think it cant be done for a cheaper price but well see and thanks for the advice everyone im not a cocky lil kid like u say but when u attack how i talk and type ur pushing me to get mad and not agree with you im not tryna be cocky in any way i came here to learn more about the car

im sure once shes done u guys will see ^_^

Looking forward to the progress.... Keep us up to date. ;) Don't let the comical posts get to you, We are a bunch of great Guys/Gals here.

By the way, Welcome to the greatest Lexus forum on the net :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I owe you a beer :cheers:

Looking forward to the progress.... Keep us up to date. ;) Don't let the comical posts get to you, We are a bunch of great Guys/Gals here.

By the way, Welcome to the greatest Lexus forum on the net :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I owe you a beer :cheers:

..... or two or three ...

Barmaid_beer_1110644c.jpg

lotsabeer.jpg

im not a cocky lil kid like u say but when u attack how i talk and type ur pushing me to get mad and not agree with you im not tryna be cocky in any way i came here to learn more about the car

Actions speak louder than words. You can say "i'm not cocky" all day long but when it came to it...the "cockyness" showed itself...