Es350 2010 Picked Up Saturday

BILLS LEXUS

I PICKED UP MY 2010 LEXUS ES350 TUNGSTEN PEARL WITH NAV, SPOILER, SIDE MOLDINGS, SPORT OPTIONAL WHEELS.... CAR RIDES LIKE A DREAM.

HAS PARK ASSIST SO I GET A PICTURE AND BEEP IF I GET TO CLOSE TO ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL.

GOT CAR $1,000 OVER COST, I PUT A PRINTOUT OF KELLEY INVOICE AND MSRP ON SALESMANS DESK AND HE SAID PRETTY CLOSE TO HIS COMPUTER SCREEN AMOUNTS.

END OF MONTH, HE NEED 1 MORE SALE FOR HIS QUOTA, SO I GOT A VERY GOOD PRICE WITH THE SPOILER AND SIDE MOLDINGS ADDED TO THE CAR FREE OF CHARGE.

BECAUSE OF " PAST PROBLEMS WITH NON LEXUS MATS" LEXUS DOES NOT SELL OR INSTALL ALL WEATHER RUBBER MATS

Nice price.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and paid about $1700 over invoice.

The dealer didn't have one in stock with colors and options I wanted.In fact there was only a couple in stock.

I went with the side mouldings too.I was on the fence about them but the car doesn't look anywhere as as bad with them as I thought it would.

I miss the all weather mats!

Those sport wheels will be a !Removed! to clean!!! :)

I would find the all weather mats somewhere and install them myself. They are a lifesaver; you need the 'real' Lexus all weather mats for such a nice car.

I've looked all over the net,Ebay and called dealers.

None to be had.

I bought a set of all weathers from Weathertech and I'm very surprised the mats fit like crap in back and the fronts do fit much better but no retention holes for stay put hooks.

They said the floorliners would fit perfectly and I said those mats look cheesy for a luxury car.They're more for a SUV or pickup.

Nice! Can you post some pics? I'd like to see the molding on the 2010, as well as your optional wheels....

Here' mine. :)

Looks better without the mouldings but dings look worse.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/joebon/CIMG0116.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/joebon/CIMG0114.jpg

The mouldings can come off easily with a heat gun or hair dryer and some 3M adhesive remover if I want to take them off.

The moldings look great on the 07-09, but not quite right on the '10. I think its the chrome strip...

Door dings are VERY easily and cheaply removed with PDR...if you don't like them they're really not necessary.

The moldings look great on the 07-09, but not quite right on the '10. I think its the chrome strip...

Door dings are VERY easily and cheaply removed with PDR...if you don't like them they're really not necessary.

I think they look nicer in person but the chrome strip does hurt them a bit..

The dings can be taken out but it's the ding paint chips that are the problem.

I'll see how I feel in the future.They do come off pretty easily.

I had a set on a white '07 Camry XLE that I took off about 8 months later without a problem.

I hope the OP will post a pic of the ES with the sport wheels.Those wheels are tough to clean but if they look nice,I may bite at $245 ea from Sewell Lexus.Maybe less with another forum's club discount.

I was told the because of previous complaints about brake noise the '10s have a different brake pads compound which produces more dust.Probably a high friction pad.After about 100 miles I could write my name in the brake dust,so I went to Akebono ProAct ceramic pads.So maybe I'll get those wheels if they look good.

That is such a sharp car! That color might be the choice for my next car; looks great.

The door molding looked dreadful on the 07-09, just as they do on the 10. Sorry… ruins the whole deal for me – so unnatural looking (it screams "a geriatric drives this car" to me).

The 2010 as a whole is really growing on me. Congrats again!

(Now pull those damn moldings off!) ;)

That is such a sharp car! That color might be the choice for my next car; looks great.

The door molding looked dreadful on the 07-09, just as they do on the 10. Sorry… ruins the whole deal for me – so unnatural looking (it screams "a geriatric drives this car" to me).

The 2010 as a whole is really growing on me. Congrats again!

LOL!

Thanks!

I'm 57 going on 27! :)

Many believe and the average age of a ES buyer is about geriatric age. :lol:

Believe me,they do look better in person but obviously not as good as not having them.

I'll think it over.I'll probably take them off after the winter.

Here's my opinion on things like that, its kinda like the black plastic bumper protectors you see. The car can maybe look like crap if someone bumps into it until you get it fixed...or it can always look like crap with ugly moldings.

I don't think it looks like crap with the moldings, I like the moldings, I just dont see why you should live with something you kinda don't like to avoid the possibility of damage down the line. The moldings won't 100% protect you anyways, and most door dings involve little or no paint damage.

Here's my opinion on things like that, its kinda like the black plastic bumper protectors you see. The car can maybe look like crap if someone bumps into it until you get it fixed...or it can always look like crap with ugly moldings.

I don't think it looks like crap with the moldings, I like the moldings, I just dont see why you should live with something you kinda don't like to avoid the possibility of damage down the line. The moldings won't 100% protect you anyways, and most door dings involve little or no paint damage.

Great points.

Maybe I'll take them off next weekend.

Funny thing is my wife said "you never park next to anyone,anyway". :D

Not to single mhawkin1 out .... but some of you guys are so funny! It's form over function ... form over function ... form over function.

One of the features I have disliked about Lexus sedans is that there has been little protection from door dings. I get tired of all the "defensive parking" I have to do to avoid door dings. My wife is really tired of it.

The last car I had with really great, heavy duty side moldings that stuck out considerably and protected the paint against damage was back in the 70's when I had a Mercedes 450 sedan. Crap, I never had to worry about getting door dings on that car. The side moldings were even strong enough to damage the edges of car doors that were slammed against them.

Look at the attached photo ... now that's a car with good side protection. The optional ES side moldings are functional and look pretty good too .... hmmm, wonder if I could stick them on my LS ...

post-2157-1257605595_thumb.jpg

If the bringing up of your ownership of a 1970’s era Mercedes is an effort to disprove my theory on the geriatric's love of door moldings – you might want to reexamine your argument. ;)

The Benzo is sharp! That is back when they were built like tanks… and not Sebrings.

My 2010 Ultra was delivered to my home a few days ago. And this was the first time in my life that I paid full sticker price for a car, plus 1/2 of the shipping costs, since I live in the southwest and I was only able to locate an Ultra in the west cost. At the time I made the purchase, and according to their national inventory, there were only 22 Ultras in the whole country.

:rolleyes:

Part of the reason for buying a beautiful car is for it to be...beautiful. I agree about function over form, but only to a certain extent. You're always going to have to defensively park if you want to keep your car looking nice, thats just the long and the short of it.

I like the way the mouldings look on the car, at least the 07-09, but if you don't like them don't suffer through having them on just to protect against the possibility that one day you might have a door ding.

Part of the reason for buying a beautiful car is for it to be...beautiful. I agree about function over form, but only to a certain extent. You're always going to have to defensively park if you want to keep your car looking nice, thats just the long and the short of it.

I like the way the mouldings look on the car, at least the 07-09, but if you don't like them don't suffer through having them on just to protect against the possibility that one day you might have a door ding.

True.

Mine are coming off Saturday.My neighbor has an '07 with the mouldings on a smoky granite and they look much better than on my '10 with the added chrome rocker trim.Yes the chrome rocker trim and the mouldings make the side look too busy.

The ES looks so much better without mouldings.Sleak and modern. :)

Steve,

What is PDR?

Steve,

What is PDR?

paintless dent repair

Yep, paintless dent repair. Starting to see some 2010s around now...sharp!

-Steve

Steve,it rained Saturday so I couldn't take the moulding off.This saturday.

The wife and I visited friends of ours and my buddy looked at the car.I didn't say a word about taking the side mouldings off.He looked at the car and liked it but said "take off the side mouldings,they make the car look like a Pontiac or Chevy,not a Lexus". :lol: