Fs: 2001 Ls430 Loaded W/ Extras

DougM77

---------- SOLD -----------

NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

$14k

-----------------------------

Ok...I love this car so much, but I recently got a Mercedes CL65 AMG V12 Twin Turbo and I'm having trouble juggling 3 cars (Benz, 4Runner, Lexus). So I've decided to sell the Lexus :(

72k miles, loaded, Navigation, Mark Levinson Audio, Kenwood Keg (25gb mp3s in the trunk), LED tails make it look brand new, recent tires (245/45 ZR18 - Potenza RE760...NOT cheap tires), brakes, belts, hoses (60k service), no door dings!...Anyone who knows me (and my family), knows that I keep all my automobiles in showroom condition. All maintenance is done on time. LS430's similar to this are selling for $19k/$20k+ on Autotrader.com and aren't in as good of condition (see for yourself)...I am asking $14,500 firm for a quick sale. Thanks to the forum for helping me determine a price.

It has been in the family since new. I have the stock wheels if desired. This is not my last Lexus...great car all the way around!

Lots of pics here:

http://www.finddoug.com/lexus/

If you or anyone you know is looking for an excellent LS430, lemme know! msg me for any other info...thanks guys!

btw, the Navigation in the Lexus is WAAAY ahead of the Benz nav (it really sux)

lex4.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

Doug M

--------------

01 Lexus LS430

05 4Runner 4WD Sport

05 Mercedes CL65 AMG

Honestly? I think thats too much money for an '01. You might see '01s listed on AutoTrader for $19-20k but they aren't selling for that. I'm in the market for an '05-'06 and I can buy an '05 all day long for $24-26k or so...

It also doesn't have every option as its not a UL car, its a mid-optioned nav/lev car that MSRP'd for $64k or so.

This kinda reminds me of my family's situation. We have 5 cars, but only 3 people in the house :huh: Supposidly we are selling our old Odyssey but we haven't been really serious about selling it lol :lol:

GL with the LS430 sale

beautiful ride!! hitting at the dealer prices though...looks like it is well taken care of - that is a plus! and all the parts you replaced will help it sell also. if it were my baby it would be hard to let go for any less for sure - but thats my sentiments talking.

if i were in the market for one i would throw down a roll of texas tens at ya and drive off - being georgia driven its a southern jewel for sure!

youll find a buyer in no time.

B)

Honestly? I think thats too much money for an '01. You might see '01s listed on AutoTrader for $19-20k but they aren't selling for that. I'm in the market for an '05-'06 and I can buy an '05 all day long for $24-26k or so...

It also doesn't have every option as its not a UL car, its a mid-optioned nav/lev car that MSRP'd for $64k or so.

i knew it wasnt UL but I never stated it was...i considered the UL a different model...i see now that it is just an optional package so I stand corrected...thanks

as for the price...if you see this car, it is spotless and worth every penny...i didnt throw on cheap tires and "pretty it up" to try to sell it...everything is top notch quality...and i did say i would entertain offers ;) worse thing i can do is keep my nice ls430 haha i dont HAVE to sell it at all

beautiful ride!! hitting at the dealer prices though...looks like it is well taken care of - that is a plus! and all the parts you replaced will help it sell also. if it were my baby it would be hard to let go for any less for sure - but thats my sentiments talking.

if i were in the market for one i would throw down a roll of texas tens at ya and drive off - being georgia driven its a southern jewel for sure!

B)

yeah, i know what you mean...the car is perfect inside and out and i hate to sell...i just keep having to make myself cycle between 3 vehicles and its getting old haha

B)

thanks for the kind words...i keep all my vehicles showroom....btw, everything I've done to it was for me, not just to sell :) thats why I have LED tails, exhaust tips, wheels and GOOD tires....

of course I'll take less than asking, but who ever pays asking price? and if i put a low price on it, someone will offer me less than that haha..gotta play the game :/

B)

thanks for the kind words...i keep all my vehicles showroom....btw, everything I've done to it was for me, not just to sell :) thats why I have LED tails, exhaust tips, wheels and GOOD tires....

of course I'll take less than asking, but who ever pays asking price? and if i put a low price on it, someone will offer me less than that haha..gotta play the game :/

The led tailghts are sweet indeed! Great pics by the way. B)

yeah the LED tails really make it look much newer...the old dull orange bar on the stock tails date the car pretty bad i have a comparison step-by-step of the install to the new ones, as well as side by side with a 2005 here:

http://www.finddoug.com/cars/01lexus/cleartails/index.html

you can check out my other cars by the menu on the left of the page :)

Thats all well and good but the market is what the market is, irregardless of how nice it is its a 9 year old car and somebody could buy an '03 for that price...

Time will tell, but I would be very surprised if you sell it for that. I know it means a lot to you, but you have to take a business-minded look at it. My guess is its worth $13-$14k.

SW03ES, I agree. I think asking that much for the car will turn a lot of people off from even haggling it down to a reasonable price--whenever I see cars that are listed at $4k over what I'd be willing to pay, I just ignore them!

It does appear to be in very nice shape, though.

thanks for the input guys...i do not sell cars so i'm not up to date on the how-to's

i will drop the price accordingly after some comparisons...

and yes it is in great shape :) i'm hoping that will be a plus...if anyone is looking for one of these, see's most of the others out there, then see's this one...they will definitely see a huge difference

thanks again,

doug

all the ones I see on Autotrader.com are $17k+ and the ones in the $15-$16k range have high miles (~100k+)? am I missing something? I am looking at private sellers only and they are all $17k+ for the car/mileage like mine...or is this just "bad timing" because of the economy? That being said, I'd probably take $15k for it to skip all the back and forth...Anything less and I'm just better off keeping it as a spare car haha :) You cant buy another car like this for $15k thats for sure! btw, NADA and Edmunds were around $17k as well

thanks

AutoTrader shows what they are asking for the cars...not what they are actually selling for.

I just did it on KBB and it comes up private party $14,095. This stuff on AutoTrader is all dealers too, and the private sellers are just pricing it where the dealers are pricing them. You can't price like a dealer because theres one thing the dealer can offer that you can't offer...financing. To buy your car someone would have to come up with $17,000 cash, to buy a dealer car they can get a loan.

ok...thanks :) The numbers I got were $14k trade-in value, $17 private party, and $19k retail....I think those numbers were from about a month ago from Edmunds.com, so maybe things have gone down that far since....anywayz, thanks for the explanation...i certainly dont want people to think i'm trying to cheat them....i'll probably just say ~$14k...or just keep the car :)

price adjusted, thanks SW

the more I think about selling it, the more I just want to keep it HAHA even if i dont drive it much...such a nice car

I just picked up an 2001 with 65K on her for 11K cash! so this in my opinion was a good price. I looked at the 14K cars all day long and did not even pay attention to the 17K cars because they are over priced.

thanks for the info smokingrezel...looks like you got a good deal :) ...i'll keep it at ~$14 for now...i dont want to go too low because I know all the lower priced cars are not in as good shape and do not have all the new/recent things as mine...its in buy and drive shape, absolutely nothing to do on mine

thanks for the info smokingrezel...looks like you got a good deal :) ...i'll keep it at ~$14 for now...i dont want to go too low because I know all the lower priced cars are not in as good shape and do not have all the new/recent things as mine...its in buy and drive shape, absolutely nothing to do on mine

I'd stick with your valuation for a while and see what response you get. There are buyers out there who value a car that's been well taken care of with a completely documented service history and are willing to pay more for such a vehicle.

looks like a nice ride, but it'll be tough to get $14k as a private seller...

the best to way to find out what you might get is to call up a couple of lexus dealers and ask what they will give you for your trade if you were to buy a new ls... then add about a thousand or two on top of that... my guess is that the dealers will lowball you and offer somewhere in the neighborhood of $10k...

btw, as a reference... i got my mint conditioned 2005 ls430 base w/48k mi (still under factory warranty) for $21.5 (6 months ago) from a used car dealer... and i thought that was a "decent" deal...

good luck!