Sparkplugs

I know i could look this up in the owners manuel, but at what mileage should i replace the plugs in my is350? should i stay with oem or go with somthing else? any opinions? thanks in advance for any advice good bad or ugly.

Seems to me like plugs are way over-hyped. No way a plug by itself will do anything "extra" for your car. Just use OEM, quality stuff. Of course you don't want to skimp and buy cheap, but OEM should be fine.

I could tell you when they need to be replaced, but I won't. "give a man a fish...." yadda yadda....

Wow, the spark plug replacement interval for the 2009 GS, IS, LS is only 60,000 miles or 72 months but for the ES it is 120,000 miles or 12 years: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/Sedans.pdf

I wonder why the intervals are getting shorter or not increasing with modern technology -- the replacement interval for my 2000 LS400 is 120,000 miles. The two times I had the spark plugs on my first LS replaced - at 90,000 and 180,000 miles - the old ones looked like new when they were pulled out.

Odd how recommended oil change frequency is getting shorter too. Oil change frequency under normal use on some Lexus vehicles used to be 7,500 miles.