Billy Mays Found Dead At 50...

SW03ES

Did everybody else hear this too? Billy Mays of Oxi-Clean fame was found dead this morning by his wife in his home. He was on a plane yesterday that hard-landed in Tampa causing the front landing gear to fail, he was hit on the head by falling luggage but wasn't seriously hurt. A local Fox station interviewed him after the landing and he seemed tired, but fine (had just returned from being on the road for 2 weeks).

He complained to his wife before he went to bed that night about not feeling right...and never woke up.

They don't know for sure that the bump on the head was the cause, but it sounds and awful lot like Natasha Richardson after her slight head bump dying the next day. I bet when they do the autopsy tomorrow they find a similar story.

Really sad, I always liked his infomercials and I had been watching some of his "Pitchman" show on Discovery and enjoyed it. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and his informercials are a family operation. I'm sure he'll be missed by many...

Tough week in the entertainment industry sheesh...

Watching that interview with him less than 24 hours before his death is incredible to me, one minute you're fine and then the next thats it...

Man, you're not kidding about being a tough week in the entertainment biz! Thursday afternoon, while on my flight back from Toronto, I read an interview in the American Way airline magazine "that mag they put in the seat pocket" with Billy Mays. The interview detailed his life, his rise to current fame, and his plans going forward. And, on that same day, while on my way home in the car from the office, I was listening to a Michael Jackson song on the radio for the first time in I can't tell you how long, only to get home to turn on the news while changing my clothes to hear the breaking news of his death too. Two people who normally wouldn't spark an ounce of my interest, did in the same day, and now are both dead. Strange...

This is really sad. I had just finished watching an episode of Pitchmen when my friend called me and told me the news. I didn't want to believe him but I knew he wouldn't make something like that up. I loved watching that show, he was such a nice person and a true family man. He will be missed....

I too loved Pitchmen on Discovery. He did seem like a great guy, How him and Sulley were always giving eachother $h!t like they were best buds. It's really too bad.. I didn't know the story about the airplane and a blow to the head... that sucks...

Oh and remember the suspicious death of David Carradine not too long before all of these others??

David Carradine > Ed Macmahon > Farrah Fawcett > Michael Jackson > Billy Mays.... ALL ICONS!!!!!

What is going on! This is outrageous...

The autopsy reported that he had heart disease and died of a heart attack in his sleep. The blow to the head did not cause his death, it was just an extreme coincidence. You just can't replace his personality though, he showed his true colors on Pitchmen.

Sad, Life is like a loaf of bread, As soon as it comes out of the oven it's not long before it goes to the birds.........................

DC ya know...you could squeeze that quote in there too. :D :lol:

Never cared too much for Billy thought that he was over the top...But that was his approach and it worked for him and a lot of the companies that he endorsed. RIP.

Sad, Life is like a loaf of bread, As soon as it comes out of the oven it's not long before it goes to the birds.........................

Never cared too much for Billy thought that he was over the top...But that was his approach and it worked for him and a lot of the companies that he endorsed. RIP.

If you insist.......................... :lol:

If you insist.......................... :lol:

How about a tried and true rule of the road I've learned along the way....

"Never flush a strange toilet, while you're still sitting on it" ;)

Yeah he had advanced heart disease and didn't even know it...hits close to home heart disease runs rampent in my family. My dad and both his brothers, their mother and father, I have a cousin who had open heart surgery at 21. I'm okay...but not for long I'm betting.

Its incredible that can happen, but it does. When my dad had his bypass surgery 15 years ago he had a lot of chest pain before which is what sent him to the hospital. Well when they did the cath they found that he had a 90% occlusion in a three-way intersection of arteries they call the "Widowmaker" because it causes no pain, discomfort, or symptoms...just death by massive cardiac arrest. He had another blockage in an unimportant ancillary artery that was causing the pain and had it not been for that he'd be dead. In fact that blockage in the intersection was so dangerous he had a coronary being wheeled into the operating room the next day...had he still been in pre-op...he'd be dead. He was 51...

Scary...you think about these things presenting symptoms beforehand and it being a ongoing care situation but all to often its not.

So...go to the cardiologist.