Glad There Is A Great Site Like This

ls400boi804

well first let me start by sayin hello to all..well i got a ls400 1991 for 600 dollars and it drives fine for the most part. has 196,000 on it.. Well i was riding one day and it was on e, and the car starts to act up. it cut off, and acts like its being starved of gas... so i put fuel injection cleaner in and put gas in and it was fine... So i thought if i changed the fuel filter it would be a quick fix. but still the same.. IF THERE ANYONE THAT HAS HAD THESE TYPE OF PROBLEMS COULD U PLEASE HELP ME OUT... I Love THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!

MY NEXT STEP IS TUNEUP,FUEL PUMP,FUEL INJECTOR??????????????

ANY INSIGHT WILL HELP A LOT THANX

Could you be more clear? It was low on gas so it spluttered, you added gas, then it was ok. Now it does it on full gas?

ok it happens now usually when the gas hand is reading between half a tank and 3/4 a tank.. it cuts off , and everytime its starts right back up but rpms struggles to reach 1, with me pushing gas pedal it barely responds, and then once new gas or fuelinjector cleaner is in put in it the problem dissapears for days even weeks at a time what does this sound like to you? any more specifics please ask

Well i was riding one day and it was on e, and the car starts to act up. it cut off, and acts like its being starved of gas... so i put fuel injection cleaner in and put gas in and it was fine... So i thought if i changed the fuel filter it would be a

Am I missing missing something?

Generally if the gauge is on E and the engine sputters and acts starved for gas...its because the car has run out of gas.

Well i was riding one day and it was on e, and the car starts to act up. it cut off, and acts like its being starved of gas...So i thought if i changed the fuel filter it would be a quick fix.

MY NEXT STEP IS FUEL PUMP,FUEL INJECTOR??????????????

ANY INSIGHT WILL HELP A LOT THANX

Well just to let you know, all these items only work with fuel! So I'd start there.

:whistles:

okay we got jokers on here i see.. Well it first started when it was on e and now i keep it over a half a tank and still does it... i changed the fuel filter on the car and same results. I noticed that it acts up when SLIGHTLY under half a tank (NOT JUST ON E) BUT SEEMS TO B FINE WHEN HALF A TANK OR ABOVE.

okay we got jokers on here i see.. Well it first started when it was on e and now i keep it over a half a tank and still does it... i changed the fuel filter on the car and same results. I noticed that it acts up when SLIGHTLY under half a tank (NOT JUST ON E) BUT SEEMS TO B FINE WHEN HALF A TANK OR ABOVE.

Perhaps the fuel pump is getting weak?

ohm out ur coils, ill bet one or both r bad or going bad, if u dont know how u better have a shop do it, there is a primary and secondary side, if either is out of spec then replace it