Need New Air Shocks For My 2005 Ls430 Ultra Luxury Pkg Please Give Me

lpcstudent

hello lexus members im new and need your help please! i saw some tein coilovers for 1500 would you go this route or does somone else have any other sugestion besides going to lexus they are raping me!i need to replace all four because the ride is very bad, shaky or they said 2 rears are recommended to get an ok ride for a lil bit of time.thank you please excuse my wording im using my iphone.thanks

iPhones can only type in CAPS?????? :D haha

parts.com if you want to stick with OEM.

If you want a sporty C/O setup. Teins are awesome. Megans are good and cheaper.

There is a manufacturer that makes AIR to SPRING conversion kits. I forget what company though.

caps_lock.jpg

LOL so funny :lol:

One word of advice though... Typing in ALL CAPS will stop A LOT of people from reading after 1 or 2 words... thus severely hindering your chances of getting the help you are looking for.

;)

I have a 97 ls400 and converted to standard coilovers from Strutmaster. I like the way they handle compared to the air ride. I still have the air shocks off in my shop if you are interested they were never leaking the front right was rattling and driving me crazy but rears were fine. If you are interested e mail me chddent@Hughes.net

First check out whether it really requires replacement. There are criteria involved as to how much leak is involved. Check out this document as how the dealer does if it really required a replacement. This was the TSB issued by LEXUS for Shock Replacement Criteria.

Shock_Absorber_Replacement.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

the teins cant be used i was told because then i would have to modify the air suspension an take it out completely because it cant be used with aftermarket coils anyone know where to get some oem or aftermarket air suspension?

anyone know where to get some oem or aftermarket air suspension?

read the other posts further up for that answer.

I would cut my losses and switch over to springs and struts to replace the air suspension. It still will be pricey but much cheaper than new air shocks. Air suspension for Lexus and other car makers has never been reliable.