Bent Rim

gojo

Somehow I've managed to bend a wheel. It's not bad, definitely driveable with no noticable shake or wobble appearance. But it still won't balance true. I've looked into a replacement and apparantly this is a very hard to find item. I will not purchase brand new from the dealer. I was thinking about having the wheel bent back into shape, if possible (?).

Does anyone out there have any ideas or better suggestions? This is a '99 LS400 with chrome wheels.

Somehow I've managed to bend a wheel. It's not bad, definitely driveable with no noticable shake or wobble appearance. But it still won't balance true. I've looked into a replacement and apparantly this is a very hard to find item. I will not purchase brand new from the dealer. I was thinking about having the wheel bent back into shape, if possible (?).

Does anyone out there have any ideas or better suggestions? This is a '99 LS400 with chrome wheels.

Mount your spare, let the bent one be your spare.

no spent dollars, unless you need to remount the tires, cheaper than a wheel.

cheers, bp

Mount your spare, let the bent one be your spare.

no spent dollars, unless you need to remount the tires, cheaper than a wheel.

cheers, bp

That would be an excellent idea, except that the spare isbrushed aluminum, not chrome. go figure.

yes wheels america does great work with a 24 hr turn around.... they have re finished my wheels once and repaired them from a pacman shape once.... if im not mistaken i think its 125 a wheel maybe more if its chrome...

That would be an excellent idea, except that the spare isbrushed aluminum, not chrome. go figure.

Oddly, the 2000 model year was the first in which a chrome spare wheel was available on the LS.

From the CPO model library for the 2000 LS400:

"Some individual vehicles will have an optional chrome-plated spare included with optional chrome-plated alloy wheels."

"Optional Features:

- Chrome-plated spare included with optional chrome-plated alloy wheels"

these rims seems to bend easily if you hit a unforseen pothole or speedbump to hard...i have 2 warped rims on mine, one pretty bad which is the spare now, and the other is barely noticeable...it was pointed out to me when i had my Lifetime balance and rotation done...good excuse to purchase some good upgrades!! RX350 rims like SK has... :)