3 Out Of 4 Rims Bent

My 2007 250 awd vibrates intensely on highway. The dealer found 3 out of 4 rims are bent. He told me because of the run flat tires, the rims are easily bent when hitting a pot holes. I did hit a few of them. They are everywhere on the road during this snow season. But I never had any rim problem with my previous cars on the same road. I should have changed those run flat tires since the very beginning.

Any suggestions for the new wheels and tires? I don't need fancy rims, just want to have something that can last longer.

I have an 07 250 AWD. I was not aware that the car was even available with run flat - are you sure you have them? A number of people on these boards have been told by Lexus salesman that the car has run flats and it doesn't.

Nevertheless, I would insist that Lexus replace all wheels.

I was very surprised when he told me my tires were run flat. Then he confirmed that all IS/GS/SC models have run flats. Last time a different associate told me my car key need to have battery replacement every 6 months. I don't know how I can trust those people any more.

Currently I have one good rim and a less bent rim. My friend suggest me to put those 2 rims in the front to decrease vibration while looking for the new rims. Should I do that?

The IS250/350 doesn't come with run flats. However the vehicle does have low profile tires which may contribute to the bent rims as there isn't much to cushion the impact.

I'd recommend replacement at some point, because you need to rotate your tires. If you don't, you're going to replace your tires sooner, not that they last long anyway. A couple things you could do. You can try to check with your insurance company or check your city services. Here in Boston, you can actually file a claim for any damage caused by a pothole within thirty days.

I'd recommend replacement at some point, because you need to rotate your tires. If you don't, you're going to replace your tires sooner, not that they last long anyway. A couple things you could do. You can try to check with your insurance company or check your city services. Here in Boston, you can actually file a claim for any damage caused by a pothole within thirty days.

I am unsure about the tire rotation on the AWD, but I know that you cannot rotate on the IS350 because the front and rear tires are different sizes. And also the dealer should have offered him road hazards. Sterling McCall here in Houston offered them and they will replace any wheel free of charge. They just added the price into the total cost of the car.

I was very surprised when he told me my tires were run flat. Then he confirmed that all IS/GS/SC models have run flats. Last time a different associate told me my car key need to have battery replacement every 6 months. I don't know how I can trust those people any more.

Currently I have one good rim and a less bent rim. My friend suggest me to put those 2 rims in the front to decrease vibration while looking for the new rims. Should I do that?

The IS250/350 doesn't come with run flats. However the vehicle does have low profile tires which may contribute to the bent rims as there isn't much to cushion the impact.

I don't know how he "confirmed" this. Go to TireRack.com, input your make/model/year/type, and click on tires and Original Equipment. No run flats there. I have a 2007 IS250 AWD. My car has Bridgestone Potenza RE92 225/45-17s. Have him "confirm" how, exactly, these are run flats.

I blew a tire last fall, and had to get a new one--first they thought I need a 16" tire, then a run flat. They finally figured it out--make sure you get someone on the phone that knows what the hell they are talking about.

You must have hit those pot holes pretty hard. I hit a protruding manhole cover on a milled road surface--it pounded that tire. I thought for sure my rim was bent, but it wasn't.

I am unsure about the tire rotation on the AWD, but I know that you cannot rotate on the IS350 because the front and rear tires are different sizes. And also the dealer should have offered him road hazards. Sterling McCall here in Houston offered them and they will replace any wheel free of charge. They just added the price into the total cost of the car.

AWD tires are not staggered sizes.

AWD tires are not staggered sizes.

Then I would ALWAYS get them rotated with every oil change.

We had an 07 IS 250 AWD and now have an 09 IS 250 AWD. O7 had Dunlop SP Sport 5000's. The 09 has Bridgestone Potenza RE 92's.

Here's what tire rack has to say about both tires :

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...00+Asymmetrical

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...el=Potenza+RE92

Try as I may, I see nothing about the tires being "run flats". Either I'm missing something or you have been duped. And if you have been duped, someone needs to inform the "duper" that he is giving out mis-information. Whether it's intentional or not is debateable, but he needs to speak the truth!

As for the OP, yeah, low profile tires suck in heavily pot hole infested roads. Not sure what Lexus can do for you :(

350, don't need to rotate tires, staggered.

250 AWD, rotation needs to be done every 16,000km as per my local dealership.

I've also got issues with vibration at hwy speeds, but not severe, more mild. Getting my tire re-balanced to see if it'll solve the problem. At the same time i'll get 'em to check & see if there is any rim damage.

ROADS GOT CALLED THIS WINTER HERE TOO, ugh. City is always crying, "we have no $$$".

Bear in mind though...that is a collision claim same as if you hit something and damaged the bodywork. Its considered a collision with the road...

Its at-fault and it will effect your rates.