Springs

I was very interested by the F-Sport Lowering Springs for the IS250AWD (apparently AWD and the regular IS250 have different suspension). On the Lexus website they're listed at $300. Even though they're more expensive than say H&R($220), they don't void the warrenty which is nice. But by how much do they actually lower the car? The Lexus website says 1" all around, but it's not always accurate. Does anyone have any pictures of stock vs lowered IS250? One more thing, do aftermarket springs void the car's warrenty? I heard the only way around it is to switch back to stock before doing any warrenty work.

I got a quote for $900 installed F Springs for my 2007 IS 250 AWD - lowers it about 1 - 1/2" total. I saw it on the Service Guys IS in the parking lot. I opted not to do it because if I really wanted the look - I wanted the larger wheel size, so then I needed new OEM rims and rubber say another $1900. So I bagged the idea. My understanding is you void the warranty unless you use the Lexus Parts installed by Lexus.

The issue is with all the LEXUS AWD sedans.- The GS as well. The 250 and 350 Rear Wheel Drive cars sit lower and look better. But 3 Grand to get the look seemed steep.

I was thinking when I trade it in next year or so I will negotitate a price with all the stuff I want on the next car.

Just read some disclaimer on their F-Sport website... if you install it yourself, you could still void the warrenty if something breaks. So it's basicly made to rip people off. And you're saying it's around 900 if the dealer installs it? I would still install them myself, there is a nice guide by Smooth1

Just read some disclaimer on their F-Sport website... if you install it yourself, you could still void the warrenty if something breaks. So it's basicly made to rip people off. And you're saying it's around 900 if the dealer installs it? I would still install them myself, there is a nice guide by Smooth1

Surely you don't expect Lexus to warranty your work.

i was just starting to consider the f-sport springs as well. per federal law, the only warranty that you would be voiding by installing springs would be the springs themselves...maybe other minor things (alignment?), etc...but they can't void much without proof of cause.

Surely you don't expect Lexus to warranty your work.

You're right, but I still would just install them myself. I don't think it's worth paying triple the price.

EDIT: Question - Would the Eibach Pro-Kit fit on my car? I heard that 250 and 250AWD have different rear suspension.