How Much For The Payment For T New Is250?

It depends on so many different variables, your credit score (BIG one, especially now), lease term, number of miles.

What you really need to do is use the calculator to let you know if you are in the ballpark, and then apply for a lease at the dealer and see what they say.

Before you do that, do a LOT of research into how leasing works. Its simple, but they make it complicated. You need to know the terminology, how to compare leases, how to calculate what kind of interest they are charging etc.

Also, always negotiate the price of the car first, then talk about lease terms. If you are looking for the cheapest payment You want to negotiate the lowest captialized cost (purchase price), a low money factor (lease-lingo for interest rate, it will be a decimal, multiply it by 2400 to get the interest rate), a high residual (what the car is worth when the lease is over), and you want to make as big a capitalized cost reduction (down payment) as you can. I personally never reccomend anyone put anything down on a lease.

Lexus also lets you make multiple security deposits too to buy down the money factor and reduce the payments, and you get the money back at the end of the lease.

I bet you could get into a base IS250 with 10k miles a year, 48-60 month lease for $400 a month. Loaded IS250 with 15k miles a year and a 36 month lease (better terms) is going to be $600+

However, if you don't have 700+ credit, I would be prepared to be turned down flat for a lease right now.

It depends on so many different variables, your credit score (BIG one, especially now), lease term, number of miles.

What you really need to do is use the calculator to let you know if you are in the ballpark, and then apply for a lease at the dealer and see what they say.

Before you do that, do a LOT of research into how leasing works. Its simple, but they make it complicated. You need to know the terminology, how to compare leases, how to calculate what kind of interest they are charging etc.

Also, always negotiate the price of the car first, then talk about lease terms. If you are looking for the cheapest payment You want to negotiate the lowest captialized cost (purchase price), a low money factor (lease-lingo for interest rate, it will be a decimal, multiply it by 2400 to get the interest rate), a high residual (what the car is worth when the lease is over), and you want to make as big a capitalized cost reduction (down payment) as you can. I personally never reccomend anyone put anything down on a lease.

Lexus also lets you make multiple security deposits too to buy down the money factor and reduce the payments, and you get the money back at the end of the lease.

I bet you could get into a base IS250 with 10k miles a year, 48-60 month lease for $400 a month. Loaded IS250 with 15k miles a year and a 36 month lease (better terms) is going to be $600+

However, if you don't have 700+ credit, I would be prepared to be turned down flat for a lease right now.

I have an 800+ and i wasnt comfortable with a deal I was offered on an 08 IS250AWD, so I walked. that was 2 weeks ago. I wasnt looking to lease, They wanted to give me $10,000 for my civic (YEAH RIGHT, it BB's for at least 15) and they wanted an additional $4500 down for financing at 2.9%. Payment was gonna be over $400 still, and considering I have no payment as of now, and my civic has everything my wife and I love, We walked out. FWIW it was an IS250AWD In smokey granite, New for $40,000 flat.

Thats a financing deal though, not a lease. Lease payments will be lower.

As for the trade, i wouldn't trade a Civic in to a Lexus dealer, they won't sell it on their lot, they're going to sell it at auction so they're not apt to offer you a whole lot for it. Even so...with the cars I've traded in I've found KBB to be high.

I'd have walked on that too...doesn't sound like a stellar deal.

As for the trade, i wouldn't trade a Civic in to a Lexus dealer, they won't sell it on their lot, they're going to sell it at auction so they're not apt to offer you a whole lot for it. Even so...with the cars I've traded in I've found KBB to be high.

NADAguides.com says 15k (well 14900)

But yeah, I wasnt going to take 10 for my low mileage 40mpg car. Have you sat in a new civic steve? They really are nice. they arent a lexus by any means, but...

i wouldn't be too offended by a low trade-in offer on a civic. i was recently offered $7k UNDER kbb/NADA value for my IS350. dealers simply do not want to take the risk of reselling a used vehicle when they are selling so few now to begin with.

i wouldn't be too offended by a low trade-in offer on a civic. i was recently offered $7k UNDER kbb/NADA value for my IS350. dealers simply do not want to take the risk of reselling a used vehicle when they are selling so few now to begin with.

Right, its a symptom of the economy. They want to make sure theres going to be enough profit in it because they just don't know where they're finally going to have to sell it, none of the valuation guides are really a valid measure in this economy. People are just not buying cars.

If they let you get out of the dealership without selling you that car and making the deal work Josh, then it wasn't doable on their end.

Have you sat in a new civic steve? They really are nice. they arent a lexus by any means, but...

Oh yeah, the new Civic is a really nice little car. I have a buddy that has a 2006. If I were going to buy an economy car, that would probably be the one. That or the Mazda 3.

What I said about the dealer not selling it has nothing to do with the Civic, its just not a car a Lexus dealer would keep on their lot. Really the only cars Lexus dealers want on their lots are late model Lexus vehicles that they can sell as CPO. Even my Lexus I bet a dealer wouldn't give me anything worthwhile for, it has too many miles to be CPO.

Oh no, i wasnt offended by any means. I just weighed my finances vs what i WANTED not needed. My wife and i decided that if we didnt get 15,000 for the honda, we werent taking the deal. they wouldnt budge, so we said "Thanks anyway". We love our Civic, Would love to have a Lexus, but is really not nessecary at this point. We have no payment, and acquiring one, right now especially, wasnt what we wanted to do.

Right, its a symptom of the economy. They want to make sure theres going to be enough profit in it because they just don't know where they're finally going to have to sell it, none of the valuation guides are really a valid measure in this economy. People are just not buying cars.

If they let you get out of the dealership without selling you that car and making the deal work Josh, then it wasn't doable on their end.

Have you sat in a new civic steve? They really are nice. they arent a lexus by any means, but...

Oh yeah, the new Civic is a really nice little car. I have a buddy that has a 2006. If I were going to buy an economy car, that would probably be the one. That or the Mazda 3.

What I said about the dealer not selling it has nothing to do with the Civic, its just not a car a Lexus dealer would keep on their lot. Really the only cars Lexus dealers want on their lots are late model Lexus vehicles that they can sell as CPO. Even my Lexus I bet a dealer wouldn't give me anything worthwhile for, it has too many miles to be CPO.

Ah, ok, I got ya now. :)

NADAguides.com says 15k (well 14900)

But yeah, I wasnt going to take 10 for my low mileage 40mpg car. Have you sat in a new civic steve? They really are nice. they arent a lexus by any means, but...

There's no way you get 40MPG in your civic, we have a prius in our family and that thing gets around mid 40's sometimes 50 if you drive nice, but if your getting 40 in your Civic EX then you must drive it very nicely.

Computer says I get 33 city/42 hwy, as do my fuel calculations on fillup. It isnt hard, I use 0w-20 Oil and I dont drive like a goofball. I keep my air filter changed, run a tank of premium with a fuel system cleaner every oil change and tire pressures at 40 psi. on an average summer day i get what is stated above. If the temps are below 40 for any length of time (and they are up here ion winter), then it drops to 30 city/40 hwy. I have never gotten below 30 mpg avg. IT REALLY ISNT WORTH THE PREMUIM U PAY FOR A HYBRID. Getting 48 hwy the Civic Hybrid gets as opposed to the 42 hwy that i get, It would take a decade to get my $5000 premium i paid for the hybrid, back.

There's no way you get 40MPG in your civic, we have a prius in our family and that thing gets around mid 40's sometimes 50 if you drive nice, but if your getting 40 in your Civic EX then you must drive it very nicely.

You absolutely can get 40MPG in a Civic. You can in a lot of small economy cars. The Corolla too.

We have a Prius too, and your assessment of the mileage is correct. The mileage is great, but if you are only concerned about absolute lowest operating cost, your money is better spent on a Civic or Corolla, Yaris, Fit, etc.

I have a 1996 Nissan Sentra 4 door, with the 1.6 liter and I get 34-36 mpg with that. So I can easily see a Civic, especially the newer ones getting 40. Honda makes a great product. The Civic has allways gotten great gas mileage and they last forever. I'd love to have a 98(ish) stick to jam around the city in.

2006 Civic to IS 250 upgrades must be common. I had a 06 Civic with 15,000 miles and traded to Lexus (had to walk out the door to get it) for $14,500. That was after negoitating a sweet price on the IS over the internet over a series of e-mails back and forth with the dealers. But that was 18 months ago. In a totally different economy then today.

WOW i guess im just not used to it, I dont really think the prius is very practical to where I live (Minneapolis, MN) it gets too cold and the thing gets horrible gas mileage. You dont really pay a huge premium for a hybrid we got our new prius back in 2005 for 20K, I dont know what your Civic cost but it cant be to much less.

Cold weather is very unfriendly to the Prius. Ours gets high 20s MPG in the winter because my wife drives such short trips it never warms up. You can do things to make it better, engine block heaters, some people block the grill in the front to keep the engine warmer and that helps. Me? I just want a car that turns on and drives the best way it should regardless of the weather LOL.

Your Prius was more than $20k. Totally base the Prius is 21k, fully loaded they're more like $28-29k. Ours was $27k fully loaded, they added a package above ours with leather in 06 though, and they added a touring package above that.

Does your Prius have navigation, smart key, etc?

Its not an economy car, its a midmarket car like a Camry.

I almost died one day cause the blind spots are so bad it blocked a semi truck merging onto the freeway hahah.

It has some wierd blind spots but they're not that bad, you get used to them.

If it was base it was $21k and change. Still a lot more than a Civic comparably equipped.

Yeah I don't get that either. I think the overall shape of the car is supposed to be the most aerodynamic it can be...and honestly I think they just want it to look different (i.e. weird). The windshield is so big and far away they have to have big A pillars, and the little window breaks up the look of the big A pillars.

Have you seen the new 2010 Prius hitting the car shows? It looks much better.

I rarely drive it either...

New to forum:

I will be trading in my paid off 2004 F-150 4x4 when I do the deal. I am ordering the car this weekend and the dealer guy said they will still deal, but don't plan on getting as good a deal as if I bought from existing stock (at least he was honest). 8-12 week estimated timeline.

KBB says 9k for the truck, but given that I am putting 6-7k cash down, I am willing to part with it for 5k (too lazy to sale PP) so that would meet my goal of loan amount under 30k an payments more than comfortable.

Reason for ordering: Cannot find one in the nation (according to dealer search) with the NAV/ML and and felt if I was going to get the car I might as well get what I really want on it.

Good Forum Thanks

2009 IS250 Smokey Granite Mica with Sterling

Acessory Packages

LD: Luxury Plus Package

PT: Premium Plus Package

VN: Navigation with Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package

Other Options

Z2: Preferred Accessory Package 2

P7: Xm Satellite Radio

LR: Rear Spoiler

And I assume that's a lease?

I pay $550 a month with a substantial sum down (back at the end of '07), and it's financed.

This seems to be the general trend. IF i decide to go back to having a car payment, It will be NO MORE than $350. And it will be BRAND NEW. I will make and exception for Lexus, and settle for CPO. But nothing over 50K miles/4 years old, Except for an LS which i will go as far as 5 years old, 100k miles.

I actually agree with you sticking with the Civic for now. In these uncertian times, having a car that will run forever, gets great gas mileage, looks good, and no payments is a smart place to be in. Maybe next year or the year after that would be a much better time to consider this. Maybe by then we will have atleast some sense of direction for recovery and how this is all going to land.

I actually agree with you sticking with the Civic for now. In these uncertian times, having a car that will run forever, gets great gas mileage, looks good, and no payments is a smart place to be in. Maybe next year or the year after that would be a much better time to consider this. Maybe by then we will have atleast some sense of direction for recovery and how this is all going to land.

Well the Lexus would run forever too. That really wasnt a concren for me. Nor is Income as I am active duty military, Job security is Imminent. But if I could just get a decent deal. I am not gonna trade a 2006 Civic for a 2000 LS400 and end up with a car thats 9 years old, has 100,000 miles AND have a car payment. Not gonna happen. If im gonna have a payment its going to be a new car.

You absolutely can get 40MPG in a Civic. You can in a lot of small economy cars. The Corolla too.

We have a Prius too, and your assessment of the mileage is correct. The mileage is great, but if you are only concerned about absolute lowest operating cost, your money is better spent on a Civic or Corolla, Yaris, Fit, etc.

i get 28-29miles on highwAY on my is250 awd, which is 2,5 engine plus all wheel drive, so you probably can get around 40 mpg on civic with 2.0 engine,front wheel drive