Multiple 0-60 Sprints

don corleone

my car was running on 4 cyls for a while and i had a lot of gas built up in the exhaust system. following instructions found in the forums i fixed the issue because i was not running thru gas like water anymore (cats still red). but i still had a lot of unburned gas in the cats and exhaust system. so today i decided to try and clear this by basically flooring the car on multiple 0-60 sprints thru my neighborhood. This was absolutely the most fun i've had in a long time. the battery was taken out before this so the ECU had no data or shift points it was just raw engine and emotion. This car is the *BLEEP*. I'd get to 40 in first gear! Rpms at 2000+ not in ECT mode(trying to save gas while cleaning out the system.) then when most of the gas was out (no more smoke screen) i decided to do some sprints in ECT mode.... what a rush! this engine is like a power plant. i'd get to 40 in first, then trans would shift smoothly and the car would keep on pushin without a hitch. the only problem is that the streets in my neighborhood are short so 60 was the fastest i could go without passing a stop sign or comming to the end of a street. but man this thing has power to years! i finally decided to stop because the adrenaline (and exhaust fumes) was causing my head to spin. i would definately race this car. hands down, no questions asked. this thing is a beast!!! the independent suspension handles like a dream on tight corners at high speeds my only problem is that my old 90 has single piston caliper in the front which are horrible. but oh well how needs brakes when you have speed sensitive power steering and you can avoid anything on the road. hehe j/k.

this only furthers my resolve to drop a 1uzfe in a supra 5 speed and really see what the engine is capable of. a guy on supraforums.com has built a twin turbo 2uzfe (4.7L v8, think LX GX) and put that in a supra mk4(93-98) 6 speed so it can be done.

anyone else have similar stories? and if not i suggest you go for a joyride and really push the car. you will not regret it!(unless you break something :D )

I have a beautiful nearly 1 mile long straight right behind my neighborhod. I got to 118mph(in a 35 zone) before I had to brake for the stop light. I am vary happy to have the 2piston brakes in my 93. I have been wanting to hook up a 5 or six speed manual gear box to a 1uz for a while ( http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...p;hl=trans+swap ), but i havn't had the time or $$ yet. If you do let me know. I am planing on copying your exhaust system, Jcrome, and cant wait to see the gains. I love speed and cool stories like this. :D

I have a beautiful nearly 1 mile long straight right behind my neighborhod. I got to 118mph(in a 35 zone) before I had to brake for the stop light.

Wow! The $747 fine and $21 court costs for going 83 mph over in a 35 mph speed limit in Overland Park, Kansas will be the least of your worries if you get caught.

I have a beautiful nearly 1 mile long straight right behind my neighborhod. I got to 118mph(in a 35 zone) before I had to brake for the stop light.

Wow! The $747 fine and $21 court costs for going 83 mph over in a 35 mph speed limit in Overland Park, Kansas will be the least of your worries if you get caught.

Now, now, Jim. The LS is a wonderful machine and shouldn't be held back for some silly traffic laws. ;)

my car was running on 4 cyls for a while and i had a lot of gas built up in the exhaust system. following instructions found in the forums i fixed the issue because i was not running thru gas like water anymore (cats still red). but i still had a lot of unburned gas in the cats and exhaust system. so today i decided to try and clear this by basically flooring the car on multiple 0-60 sprints thru my neighborhood. This was absolutely the most fun i've had in a long time. the battery was taken out before this so the ECU had no data or shift points it was just raw engine and emotion. This car is the *BLEEP*. I'd get to 40 in first gear! Rpms at 2000+ not in ECT mode(trying to save gas while cleaning out the system.) then when most of the gas was out (no more smoke screen) i decided to do some sprints in ECT mode.... what a rush! this engine is like a power plant. i'd get to 40 in first, then trans would shift smoothly and the car would keep on pushin without a hitch. the only problem is that the streets in my neighborhood are short so 60 was the fastest i could go without passing a stop sign or comming to the end of a street. but man this thing has power to years! i finally decided to stop because the adrenaline (and exhaust fumes) was causing my head to spin. i would definately race this car. hands down, no questions asked. this thing is a beast!!! the independent suspension handles like a dream on tight corners at high speeds my only problem is that my old 90 has single piston caliper in the front which are horrible. but oh well how needs brakes when you have speed sensitive power steering and you can avoid anything on the road. hehe j/k.

this only furthers my resolve to drop a 1uzfe in a supra 5 speed and really see what the engine is capable of. a guy on supraforums.com has built a twin turbo 2uzfe (4.7L v8, think LX GX) and put that in a supra mk4(93-98) 6 speed so it can be done.

anyone else have similar stories? and if not i suggest you go for a joyride and really push the car. you will not regret it!(unless you break something :D )

Before my last emissions test, I checked the air filter, did an oil change, changed out the pcv valve, inflated the tires to 40 lbs, then found myself a desolate stretch of highway. Drove it normal in both directions between two exits to scope it out for traffic, cops and radar, then did a half dozen backtoback WOT's to 140 km/hr. Once reaching 140, had just enough time to slowly decelerate for the off ramp to turn her around for the next run. Cleaned her right out. The emissions came back as if it was a new '91. Had all accessories off, no fans, no stereo, no electric bun warmers, nothing. Ears tuned to the engine, chassis, and exhaust the whole time. At about 250,000 kilometers, not one note out of tune, not one rattle, not one hint of harshness, not one complaint, just sublime, smooth, endless power. I was one with the machine. As Floyd sang, "Welcome To The Machine". For a while, I became a new man ... a Lexus man.

:cheers:

Everything else was done earlier. This was a last minute excuse for letting 'er rip. :P BTW, don't know if you've been in/on a screamin' Lambo or Laverda, but for me, there are few sweeter sounds. Your ears wind up smiling!

:D

Everything else was done earlier. This was a last minute excuse for letting 'er rip. :P BTW, don't know if you've been in/on a screamin' Lambo or Laverda, but for me, there are few sweeter sounds. Your ears wind up smiling!

:D

I, too, love the sound of the LS engine. It puts a lot of cars with much more sporty intentions to shame!!!

How do you figure the fines for a speeding ticket. Does it vary by city?

How do you figure the fines for a speeding ticket. Does it vary by city?

That is the exact fine for doing 83 mph over the speed limit in a 35 mph zone in Overland Park, Kansas as dictated by Overland Park city statutes (83 mph * $9). Additional charges could increase the fine dramatically. The cost of a good attorney would likely exceed the fine amount by a substantial margin. I live near you in a community adjacent to Overland Park.