O2 Sensor Warmer Throwing Cel?

izzy300

Ok, I have been working on cars for a while, but this is something I've never heard of or seen. Apparently the O2 sensors on the IS have warmers that monitor engine temp and activate the sensors after warming up or something. Does anyone know how to fix this? My friend scanned it and said it looked like bank 1, but what do I do? Replace the O2 sensor?

Any info would help. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Replacing the O2 sensor will probably fix it. Need to know exactly which on though. Then we can look up a "how to".

Yeh I gotta get a good day to troubleshoot and find which one it is. But it's not running bad or anything for now so I'm not too worried.

Thx for the help

what specific code are you getting?

bank one sensor 1

or

bank one sensor 2

If you got po141 then this write up is useful... its for a GS3 but same engine...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291011

i usually get denso sensors from rockauto.com but you can probably just wire up a universal denso sensor and save a few bucks...

• 2 weeks later...
what specific code are you getting?

bank one sensor 1

or

bank one sensor 2

If you got po141 then this write up is useful... its for a GS3 but same engine...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291011

i usually get denso sensors from rockauto.com but you can probably just wire up a universal denso sensor and save a few bucks...

Okay, thanks. That's the info I needed to know. I don't remember what the exact code was but I can find out like tomorrow at work - I work at a shop :)

Thanks again fellas

The O2 sensors only work after they have heated up. The old style single wires took a long time before they reach operatring temp. The next generation O2 sensors had 4 wires, two wires are a built in heater that heats the sensor up (so that it starts working sooner).

Look up the code, find out what sensor is the problem. The code could be for one of the heaters, it could be as simple as a fuse for the O2 sensor heaters.