Will 04-06 Es300 17" Rims Fit My 02 Ls430?

clint98

No they will not fit , they match up but your brakes are too large to fit behind an ES rim.

SK, could you explain further? The OEM standard rim size on the 02 LS430 was 16". The same 16" wheels that were standard on the 01-02 LS430 came standard on my 2000 Platinum LS400 so I am guessing that brakes on the 02 LS430 brakes couldn't be any bigger than the brakes on my 00 LS400. There is only a tiny amount of clearance between the brake calipers and the wheel rim on my 00 LS400.

I saw a set of 16" chrome 01-02 LS430 wheels on an ES330 a few weeks ago at the repair shop but I guess that doesn't mean anything if there is something fundamentally different about the 17x7.0-in. wheels that were optional on the ES330.

If these 17" ES330 wheels would fit on a 02 LS430, I would assume that a good tire size would be the size that came with the 17" wheel option on a 02 LS430 -- 225/55R17. The specs for the 02 LS430 are at http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/2002/2002LSspecs.pdf

The ES wheels will not fit on the LS because the LS has huge front calipers.

OK, I'll try again.

I know 16" 01-02 LS430 wheels fit fine on an ES330 since I recently saw an ES330 at the repair shop with 16" 01-02 LS430 wheels -- the same chrome wheels that came on my 00 LS400.

So why wouldn't 17" ES330 wheels not only fit an 02 LS430 but also provide even more clearance between the wheel rims and the LS430 brake calipers?

Is there something different about the 17" ES330 wheel?

LS wheels will fit and ES because the ES has small calipers........ therefore there are gratuitous amounts of clearance on the LS wheel.

The LS calipers are very WIDE so the wheels need a much greater offset.

The ES has smaller calipers so smaller offset.

So a low-offset ES wheel, will not fit the high-offset application the LS requires.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason the LS 430 calipers are wide is that they have pistons on BOTH sides, so the caliper is bolted in place. The type of caliper is much better for both performance and maintenance. Cheaper cars, including most other Lexus models, use sliding calipers. That type have piston(s) on only one side, generally the inner that is away from the wheel. I've had problems with the sliding calipers on high mileage cars, you have to be careful that the pins the calipers operate on do not wear (or the mount). Brakes on the wife's Volvo have a vibration due to this and the Volvo "rebuit" mounts that should cure the problem turned out to be simply removed from another car and spray painted gold. Don't ever buy a Ford manufactured or controlled product, cars are nothing but junk and no long term support!