• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$3.58 and rising :censored:

One hour ago, went from $3.38 to $3.53.

So guys, when will it hit $4.00. I will take April Fools Day, (my ex-wifes B-day. Fitting)

Whats your guess. Free beer to the winner courtesy of dcfish!

Paul

Just FYI, the price I post is for regular, 87 octane.

Lexir, whats your guess???

Paul

Well it cost me $72.00 to fill up with super this morning...I think it was $3.59 or so I can't remember and the reciept wouldn't print. That *BLEEP*es me off...I don't want to walk in for a reciept that is why I paid at the pump.

Are you asking my guess to where it is going Paul? I was talking to a guy as I was filling up and he said that he HEARD :rolleyes: that gas was going to be $5.00 a gallon before april? I asked him where he heard it from he said someone on TV.

I think we are going to see the gas prices to start to stabize about where they are...but what do I know? It is just a guess. I have a feeling if these gas prices keep shooting up the way they are...the country just can't handle it...so I hope they stabilize I should say.

3.55 for regular here. @ 25 gallons a fill, thats about $90 to fill the Ram from E. I usually fill from 1/4 tank though.

How much does it cost to pull the tanker truck behind the Ram?!!!LOL - Man O Man. I'd have to carry an ATM machine with me.LOL

Paul

• 5 months later...

It's Irans fault, we should invade them finally and get it over with. See "Snoops" thread.

• 1 month later...

$3.85 x.x My friend has been talking about trying to hook his car up using a hydrogen system but I don't think I'm gonna try that on my LFA if I had something I didn't care too much about I would consider it but shes my baby x.x

• 2 months later...

$3.85 x.x My friend has been talking about trying to hook his car up using a hydrogen system but I don't think I'm gonna try that on my LFA if I had something I didn't care too much about I would consider it but shes my baby x.x

We have an LFA owner? What car do you have? Which build #? :cheers:

An LFA Owner...cheers.gif But you know what they say...

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, if everyone took mass transit would that not be around the same amount of money you put in your car every day? I live in one of the 5 boroughs. I would have to take a bus to a train twice a day - I don't put that much money in my car every week but I hate driving into the city. Regardless everyone has us by the balls.

• 4 weeks later...

Gas is north of $4 again. The White House is blaming others. Nothing but talk coming from our leaders. Yep...that was a fast 4 years from when this thread started. Must be election season again! I stand by my original comments on all of this. It's a game, and energy to the core of our nation is being manipulated by those who aren't happy with the way things are going, and smell the blood in the political waters (that's called volitility, which in the trading world means profitability, which requires movement of values.) In the words of Ricky Riccardo - Youz gots some esplainin' to do, Lucy Obama. Bush ain't around anymore to blame, and the public isn't buying it when he is blamed.

Here we go again....

That wouldn't of helped. The fact is, energy is a commodity, and when its value is offered to be determined by any hillbilly with a laptop and e-trade account, it's vulnerable to the winds of perception and manipulation of ideas and lies. Example: 2009 - $35 +/- a bucket - demand hasn't changed that much since then (still in a recession with high unemployment), so that component of the arguement is toast. In fact, some could easily argue with fact that in many ways, the economy is worse today than 2009.

Look at where the DOW was then, when oil was $35 a barrel - 7,000 +/-. Look at were the DOW is now, flirting with 13,000 (2008 memories). Look at where oil is now. $105.

And...look at what we're reading in the media again.... Iran. Closing the Straight of Hormuth. Sound familiar?

Fact of the matter is this: We could fill up the entire gulf of Mexico with oil, just for us to use. Literally, drain the ocean out, and fill it with oil. Somebody in some investment banking shop with a bunch of call options on crude would slip someone a $50 at the local news rag of a bird with the flu pooping in the oil, which could ruin it all, and cause a false sense of panic. Runs up the price, trader executes the options, and gets rich. Yet, the President is called to task on why? Think this guy is going to do anything but pander to big oil this year? Nope... Why? Because he's already burned the bridge to the other big "president maker" donors.... Wall Street and the business community that is sufficating under regulations that keep changing. He has nobody else to go to.

That being said: Here's why it's election season...

Who else can donate to a re-electoin campaign? YOU and ME. YOU going to donate money to a guy who is supposed to answer for why it still costs $100 to fill up the family buggy? You got $100 to give to him, instead of to your gas tank? Nope.....

5 years ago, markets were manipulated. Somebody promised a full investigation if they were elected.... Instead....somebody took a pitch fork to a conference room full of bankers, while big oil went on vacation in the gulf of mexico, got a little drunk, and knocked over the pitcher of Black & Tans...

Well, if everyone took mass transit would that not be around the same amount of money you put in your car every day? I live in one of the 5 boroughs. I would have to take a bus to a train twice a day - I don't put that much money in my car every week but I hate driving into the city. Regardless everyone has us by the balls.

WTF? O_o. First off, not everyone in the US has access to public transportation. Public transportation is EASY in NY for whatever reason. Pretty much everywhere else in the US, its EXTREMELY complex and can take literally hours to get anywhere. I live about 8 miles from where I work, I work on a military base, and there is NO public transportation that can get me to work every day on time. They cant even get onto the base.

I have to have a vehicle. I chose to buy a pickup truck because I have toys and a need for a truck to haul them. I also use my truck to haul wood, furniture and whatever else I may need for my home.

And its fair that I can expect $6 a gallon by mid-summer? At $6 a gallon, it will cost me $195 to fill my Ram from empty.

So much for my 7500 mile-round-the-country trip I was supposed to take in august. Guess I have to tell my mom I cant see her. More importantly, my wife has to tell her father that she will most likely not be able to see him before he dies of cancer.

Gas is north of $4 again. The White House is blaming others. Nothing but talk coming from our leaders. Yep...that was a fast 4 years from when this thread started. Must be election season again! I stand by my original comments on all of this. It's a game, and energy to the core of our nation is being manipulated by those who aren't happy with the way things are going, and smell the blood in the political waters (that's called volitility, which in the trading world means profitability, which requires movement of values.) In the words of Ricky Riccardo - Youz gots some esplainin' to do, Lucy Obama. Bush ain't around anymore to blame, and the public isn't buying it when he is blamed.

Here we go again....

IDK WTF is going on, but sometimes I cant believe this is the country I swore to defend....

That wouldn't of helped. The fact is, energy is a commodity, and when its value is offered to be determined by any hillbilly with a laptop and e-trade account, it's vulnerable to the winds of perception and manipulation of ideas and lies. Example: 2009 - $35 +/- a bucket - demand hasn't changed that much since then (still in a recession with high unemployment), so that component of the arguement is toast. In fact, some could easily argue with fact that in many ways, the economy is worse today than 2009.

Look at where the DOW was then, when oil was $35 a barrel - 7,000 +/-. Look at were the DOW is now, flirting with 13,000 (2008 memories). Look at where oil is now. $105.

And...look at what we're reading in the media again.... Iran. Closing the Straight of Hormuth. Sound familiar?

Fact of the matter is this: We could fill up the entire gulf of Mexico with oil, just for us to use. Literally, drain the ocean out, and fill it with oil. Somebody in some investment banking shop with a bunch of call options on crude would slip someone a $50 at the local news rag of a bird with the flu pooping in the oil, which could ruin it all, and cause a false sense of panic. Runs up the price, trader executes the options, and gets rich. Yet, the President is called to task on why? Think this guy is going to do anything but pander to big oil this year? Nope... Why? Because he's already burned the bridge to the other big "president maker" donors.... Wall Street and the business community that is sufficating under regulations that keep changing. He has nobody else to go to.

That being said: Here's why it's election season...

Who else can donate to a re-electoin campaign? YOU and ME. YOU going to donate money to a guy who is supposed to answer for why it still costs $100 to fill up the family buggy? You got $100 to give to him, instead of to your gas tank? Nope.....

5 years ago, markets were manipulated. Somebody promised a full investigation if they were elected.... Instead....somebody took a pitch fork to a conference room full of bankers, while big oil went on vacation in the gulf of mexico, got a little drunk, and knocked over the pitcher of Black & Tans...

Bingo.

Yup, supply and demand.....Oil companies are *BLEEP*ed at Obama for not letting them have some concessions...He is trying to push his green agenda to make that voting block happy....(Wack jobs, they think we all should ride horses, or walk, or mass no transit)