92 Es Driver's Seat Height

dropspace

Ok this may be way off the wall but my only real problem with my ES is the roof height, especially when the sunroof drops it a copule more inches.

I never really had a problem with my head hitting the roof of any other car (I am about 6' tall) but in this car I have to lean the seat waaay back to keep my head from hitting the roof and this is not very comfortable to me.

So I am trying to figure out if I can drop the seat height...

either I could try and take some of the padding out of the seat or actually drop the two back mount points (the fronts are on a support that is part of the body).

this may be a long shot, but has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

With the sunroof option the height is reduced by almost 2 inches.

The best way is to buy a sport seat( they recling compared to a race seat that is fixed).This way you can have a bracket to lower the seat or raise it to a specific height. You probably do not want to go through the trouble of all that .

You can try and remove some padding by taking it to an automotive upolster to remake the lower pad and lenghten it to fit you more comfortable.It is tough as there are heaters in the seat and the motors on the base.

The car is small to you?? I'm 6'3 and I have about an inch to an inch and a half of space on top of my head. Also, my seats aren't leaned back much at all. BTW, I have a sunroof too. My complaint is for more legroom than headroom ;) .

:cheers:

hmm, weird...i guess i just have short legs and a long torso...

like popeye.

i took the seat off and pulled like hell on the retaining springs that hold the bottom of the seat up. that helped a bit...enough so that its not such an annoyance.

• 1 year later...
Is the headroom any better in the 2006 ES.  Any 6'2"'s out there having a problem?

thx

Of course, the current generation is a larger car both inside & out.

I'm glad I'm 5'6" and a smidge.......never had a complaint about room in any of my vehicles before. B)

:cheers: