Problem With Filling Gas

gurmin

I've had that problem with both of my LS430s, and also with a previous Audi. I think it may have more to do with the gas nozzle than your car. You still may want to get it checked out, but at some gas stations, I'm only able to get the nozzle to fill correctly if I reduce the flow of gas coming out of it.

I've had that problem with both of my LS430s, and also with a previous Audi. I think it may have more to do with the gas nozzle than your car. You still may want to get it checked out, but at some gas stations, I'm only able to get the nozzle to fill correctly if I reduce the flow of gas coming out of it.

2004 430 and have the same problem. I either have to hold the lever or set it with lever half way depressed. I thought it was some type of design flaw with Lexus. Or Costco, Shell, Chevron and Velero stations use the same pump/nozzle since I have the same problem at all stations - not just in the SF Bay Area but in Los Angeles as well. Didn't bother asking the dealer - probably charge $200 just to tell me there isn't anything wrong.

If anyone finds an anwer to this puzzling question, please post.

Thanks,

Mike

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem with my 2002 LS430, can only fill gas from certain gas station pumps, very frustrating. Just read there is a TSB on it, and am going to check with the dealer, see if there is a fix they will do.

Adam

I had the same problem and found that there is a service bulletin that addresses the issue. Since I have the extended warranty, I had the dealer make the repair. I believe they replaced the entire fill tube along with other parts. Cost...around $300.

Attached is the TSIB for this problem. Normally, TSIB work is done at no cost only while the car is under the original warranty. Since this involves the fuel system and could be a safety issue, it is possible that the problem will be covered longer.

TSIB_EG012_06_LS430_Fuel_Tank_Difficult_to_fill.pdf