The Es 250...?

Yeah don't be fooled. The front seats were in horrible shape, so I had them replaced. Or atleast I thought I did. Turns out the passenger side only had the bottom replaced, because the guys decided that the back was in pretty good shape....which it is. But still I think it kind of defeats the whole purpose to get half of it done.

During the summer i want to re-do the paint with the whole car being monotoned, add gold flake, and maybe a bit darker champagne color....with about 5 clear coats. After all that is done I will most likely try to re-sell the car for about 4,000 if I can get that much, and then start the whole process over with a new Lexus.

I heard that a different color other then the origional can make your car go down in value. Is that true?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I don't think I'd try a paint job. It would be really, really hard and very expensive to try and equal the paint job that came with it from the factory. Yeah, the bottom part of my seats got reapholstered too, though not by me. It will all certainly add to the resale value of the car, but I can't see you making too much profit of a car well over a decade old. Good luck. :cheers:

I think we should get the mod's to put "Official ES Photo Editor" on top of Alan's user name :lol:. Nice work once again ;) . Brass, nice car! You are going to love the beige color; I certainly do. I dunno what, but there is something really cool about the ES 250...I think probably the rareness and different styling! I have actually thought about putting my car on the market now that I have pretty much restored it back to showroom condition too. I want a bigger(because I'm 6'3) Lex like a first gen LS :wub: . Plus the V8 and a fully opening trunk are very appealing. I think my parents would kill me if I talked about this now because I haven't even had my ES for a year :blushing: , but leg cramps on long trips are not cool. Enjoy the 250 :D

:cheers:

OMG i work for the dang company and i don't hear this much talk about Lexus' cars....hey i'm glad you got a Lexus....you may not enjoy that 250 very long though there are not many left for a reason....and as far as how to clean the engine and hubcaps...well a thermite grenade would get that stuff right off....JUST KIDDING actually some simple green would do the trick real nice.

good luck (you may need it)!

OMG i work for the dang company and i don't hear this much talk about Lexus' cars

I know isn't it great :lol: . We started off with the 250 then got on to us younger club members then Acuras then performance brakes and now back to the 250. These tangents are the best :lol: !!! You know how boring it would be if the club was just a Q & A. I guess that's why we are a club.

What's so bad about the 250? If you don't mind :blushing: , what do you do for Lexus?

First and formost i'm a Technician for lexus as my handle hints at....Second the problems with the 250 are extensive...you'd almost have to ask about one part of the car at a time...but basically they fell apart over the years....i've only ever seen two that are still in good shape and they are almost never driven.(8mo. oil changes right at mileage). if you want the details of the different problems i CAN list them but it's a long list.

Yeah you're right. I would have never expected this post to get as many replies as it has. I am not sure I would supercharge the car. On one hand it would be sweet. Yet, on the other I don't have the money, and I'm not sure how a potential buyer would react to having that in the engine bay.

The stock paint job can always be matched....and exceeded. I'm just not down with the whole 2 tone thing.

To Lextech2k3 maybe you can save me a trip to the dealer and tell me if there actually is a keyless entry system to the 250, and how much that might cost to get it replaced.

Thanks.

Well, I got the quote back from the dealership on the keys and they are about $55 to replace, but on the lexus parts web site I believe they are around 45. So I will probably get them from there. Sadly there is no keyless entry system installed on the 90' Es 250, but I could just get an aftermarket one to fix that problem. Only thing is I'm not sure which ones are good...and which ones are better. Maybe some one that reads this could help out if you have been through that situation before. I would also like the keyless entry system to have that cool beep noise when you lock it. (sorry im still a kid and I need my cool beep noise) :cheers:

Sincerely,

The 250 Kid.

• 4 months later...

I have a 91 es250 that i bought when I was a senior in highschool, im in my second year of college now. Wondering if anyone has been able to find what the

0-60mph time and other track times, stuff that you would find in a review in MotorTrend.

-Paint- Black Jade Pearl Metallic (3 Stage paint(factory color))

-Automatic

-156,000 miles

-Factory Chrome 15' wheels.

-Rear tinted windows

-Tan leather interior

-Power driver seat.

-Wood grain

-Blue courtesy lights to spice it up haha.

(Havent ever seen another es250 with the factory chrome rims. I love em even though they are peeling.)

Welcome Brass :) I'm 27 & on my first Lexus (owned a 1991 Old's 88, 91' Buick Riviera & a 2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th A.E. before that so your doing alright). The ES 250 is certainly a rare breed compared to the ES 300's & now 330's. The Toyota Camry from 87 - 91 is as you know basically the same car (except the Lexus is dipped in gold B) ) Try www.toyotanation.com if you are not having much luck on these forums. Also check out ww.clublexus.com Hope this helps, welcome to the club & good luck!

:cheers: