2jz-gte started......supra engine into a IS200

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

How do you go about thinkin of ideas of putting an engine in? Are there a lot of different ways? Cuz I would think you just take the uneccessary lexus parts out and replace it with the neccessary supra parts and ecu and stuff..... But i'm most likely wrong

well it's a different engine. the engine supracharged is most likely putting in, is a supra engine (2JZ-GTE) while the stock IS engine is a lower tuned model of that same engine, but with weaker internals and no turbo (2JZ-GE)

so a lot of things would have to be taken out to house the 2JZ-GTE since that engine has the stronger internals needed to produce high hp better than a weaker internal GE version. :)

or at least that's what i remember of these swaps. :D

i have gone for the 2jz-gte, because the aimed HP that we want to be able to run reliably on is 600-700bhp.

however we will be aiming to dyno the car at 1000bhp with Gas, then de-tune back to 600bhp.

many idea's not so much time or an endless bank account

the engine originally fitted was a supercharged 2litre 6 cylinder

with 6 speed stick

post-2-1046619829.jpg

From an IS200 to a hybrid Altezza. Looks promising. Keep us posted. For the turbo (T88) needed to hit 1000hp and management controls, daily driveability will be sacrificed I would expect. The turbo size would be huge and to detune to 600 would require much less - or a better performing turbo (T62-70) for that range - IMO. What is your approach to this? Big Single, big doubles, parallel - what kind of management. For 1000hp are you planning on using a spool up kit or what? What is the motor going to rev to, what will the driveline be made of? - details man.

I never saw the 200 motor before. Didn't know it was a 6. Thought it was a 4. Thanks for the pic!

Z... you're starting to give me a complex. Stop saying the 2JZ-GE is weaker because it is not. The only difference is the cylinder head and the turbo and lower compression pistons. The internals are very strong from bottom to top.:(

all right, all right, AWJ. that's always the way i thought it. your other description already did it once for me... i don't know as much as you, oh 2JZ master!!...

i'm only 16... what do you expect?! : :huh:

• 4 weeks later...