New Member/owner

PilotguyPA28

I bought a 2003 LS430 w/30,000 miles in Tampa. Took a one-way Southwest ticket from Birmingham, Alabama to Tampa Bay Friday (yesterday) arriving at noon. Seller (dealer) picked me up at the airport. I took a good 2-3 hours going over a 55 point checklist and test driving it for about 40 miles. Handed him a certified check for $24,500 and he handed me the Title. Drove 5 hours to Tallahssee and spent the night then the remaining 400 miles hime to Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!) today. Now I see how the other 1/2 lives. I have learned to trust the Nav. It has ML Stereo, Navigation, Ventilated seats, front/rear heated, parking assist, etc. I think I got a $30-32K vehicle for $24,500. It was a one-owner and had almost new Michelins on it. I'm extremely happy.

Got one problem if anyone can tell me what to do (and I'll probably post this seperately). I bought a CD at Wal-Mart on the way back and didn't read the instructions before putting it in. Now it's stuck in the drive and won't eject. I didn't press "Load" first and the CD didn't get "pulled" in. I kind of pushed it. Anyone know what can be done?

Thanks in advance. BTW, this site really helped me decide to buy a 430. Thanks!

Trip

Yes, it is stuck not quite all the way in. Just far enough in that needle nose plers won't quite reach the disk. I figured I could go by Circuit City and get one of their guys to get it out for me. Then I'll try it the right way. I guess it's possible it wasn't working before I bought it but I doubt it.

Try putting some double stick tape on the back of a credit card or think piece of cardboard and then sticking it in and grabbing it and hitting eject. I had a CD stuck in my ML changer and that worked; it came right out.

Hey Pilotguy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your LS. You said needle nose pliers can't fit in there, but maybe you can find tweezers in the cosmetic dept that are thinner and may fit in to the slot to pull out the CD. Or like Jainla says with the double sided tape on a credit card may work too. Let us know what happens :cheers:

Welcome -

Sounds like you've possibly bent/warped the device which grabs the CD from inside the unit. When you put the CD in the unit, the grab device wedged itself above, or below the CD. The grab device is in there because it places each CD in a rack, or carasel where other CD's are stored, for mutli-CD play. It works much like a .45 old jukebox works... well sort of...

I hope this isn't the case and you've got someway to reset it. If you can't, you might try and have an auto radio installer

take out your unit alltogether and look inside to see what may be damaged... Sending it off may be very pricy, and I think Lexus would maybe do the same. I'd call Lexus just for kicks and speak to a service magager/advisor to ask what the common fix is for this situation...

Did you also consider that the CD player may have been broken upon purchase?

Good luck - you'll love your new car

2cents

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, The Dealer is changing out the CD player under warranty. If not it would have been $850. They can't work on them at the dealership but instead order a new unit and just swap it out when it arrives. They also replaced the subwoofer since it had a vibration in it ($500). They will next swap out Lexus Link (analog).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

Blessed! This is all I can say, all for free, you really got lucky with the car and repairs. Enjoy one of the best cars on the planet! Read your maintenance manual for the services required from factory, do not pay too much attention to the dealers, they usually want to do thngs before its due, make sure you do change all the fluids in it, just in case the other owner did not, and you should have many more miles ahead of you, free of repairs.

CPR