Air Bag Warning Light Reset

there is a way to reset it urself. i just dont know it since i'm a gen II person. im sure once gen I people will check this post they will tell u how to do it so stay tuned:)

The air bag reset should be the same over all years and models.

It is a dificult procedure as you need to ground and power 2 seperate wires liek 5 times in sequence and then hold one down and wacth the cluster for flashes while still holding the wires connected inside the engin e bay.

Sound difficult,it is i tried with a shop manual and it took ages to adjust the mirror just right to see from the engine area.

A good scan tool not just the dealer can reset it easily.

This is the procedure for a 93 LS. I would suggest saving this because it is a real pain to try to scan a page in the middle of a 3" thick book when some vital info is in the fold area. Next time, DO NOT remove your instrument cluster without disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery first and then waiting 90 seconds at least. I know first hand that it will give you an airbag warning light. I was able to reset my light on the first attempt using this procedure, it works. BTW, one number in the scan is ilegible, it says "turn the ignition switch to ACC or ON and wait 6 seconds. The "6" is not clear in the scan.

Curt

post-4-1069617697.jpg

Dont confucing by the drawing, the best way is get a test lead from DVM and connect it to ground then you use that test lead to touch Tc and AB according the procedure and final stay touch at Tc, after few second you will see the srs waring light blink very fast if you succes, other wise that light will stay on. better remove that socket out so can easy to work with, may need to try many times.

"... Next time, DO NOT remove your instrument cluster without disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery first and then waiting 90 seconds at least. "

Curt

Thank you!

Again, this forum saved me a bunch.

I am also having problems with my instrument cluster. The fuel gauge is not accurate and the speedometer and tachmeter does not work all the time. Getting myself psyched up to remove the panel and boards to replace the 3 capacitors mentioned in another thread (probably lost by now).

Jeff,

No connection between the pins on the data link connector on the 93 for clearing the air bag light. You procedure mentions clearing a 41 code, that is not even mentioned for the 93. There is no 41 code for the supplemental restraint system for the 93 model. You certainly have to be wary of using a procedure for one year on a different year, they obviously at times change things year to year. That's a good reason to invest in a set of manuals for your car as I know you did.

Curt

Curt -

I agree - people need to indicate what year their car is, so that other members can help them for that specific year......all too often the question has to be asked.....

As you & I can see, it is a different procedure from '92 to '93....i believe on my '92, the jumper wire needs to stay intact while going thru grounding process....do you see it that way for DTC 41 ?

I gave it a try several times, but couldn't get it to go out. I went fast and tried saying 1001 between. Make sure I am reading it right, start at TC and go to AB, twice and back to TC leaving it on for a few (6) seconds with the key in the "on" position. I had a good ground, I went to neg side of battery. Any suggestions on what I did wrong, thanks Doug

Finally got it to reset. I kept playing with my speed. I want to thank all that commented, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. BTW, the guy that did mine did a great job, and he now know how to remove them without getting the light to go off. He also works with you mailing them to him, I drove and had him remove since he we close to me. He charged $175 if the dash lights are out. I have his contact info, but I got him from Ebay.

First, make sure that you are in the indicated contacts, TC and AB. I used a battery cable clamp connected to an engine ground, your - battery lead is as good as it gets if you have good grounding wires. Turn the ignition key to ACC or On for at least 6 seconds before doing anything. Then you touch TC to ground for 1 second, remove the TC ground and then Apply the AB ground for 1 second. Repeat this for 2 cycles and then apply a steady ground to TC and hold it for a few seconds. The air bag light should start blinking rapidly. Then remove the TC ground and the light should be out. Thats what worked for me, did it on the first attempt. Good luck.

Curt

I also need to get my intrument cluster fixed.

$175? It does not sound like it was fixed by Jim Walker (lex-pert).

Did you use "duluthelectronicsmaster" of ebay?

(for those interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...tem=2443682973)

Please let me know. I hope you are in northern CA so I can also drive it there myself.

:)

I have the opposite problem. The "airbag" light on my car will not illuminate when the ignition is first turned on. I have no idea what the problem is. This is the first I have heard of one not illuminating at all. I am going to check the fuse tomorrow. Other than that- all of my instrument cluster and climate control "LCD" are still working fine. Just this airbag light problem.

anyone by any chance know how to reset it for a 1992 ES 300? is it similar to the LS? thanks!

dan

I am guessing it would be the same as a LS400, or perhaps a Toyota Camry, since the ES300 is based on the Camry. If it is setup like the Camry- it is probably much easier. I think I read somewhere that the Camry reset is easier, but I am not 100% sure. Good luck.