Layering Question

acf

So you can layer sealants and not wax right? So I waxed my car a couple weeks ago and I'm gonna wash it again tomorrow. Is it a waste of time to wax again? Would I only accomplish filling in some areas that I may have missed last time?

Some waxes you can layer. Cleaner waxes you cant because they remove the wax layer beneath. However, you can usually do 2 coats of a good pure carnuaba like Pinnacle Souveran or S100/P21S.

After a couple weeks the wax is probably gone anyway.

forget the wax. Use a sealer glaze. The stuff I use looks like you just put it on after 6 months and many washings. I use Collinite's #845 Insulator Wax. Wash it, California Water Blade it, dry it and it looks like you just finished waxing. Just the other day a guy in a store said, man your Lexus looks clean and I waxed it 3 months ago. I got tired of using carnuba every three weeks.

• 3 months later...

:unsure:

I am soo confused now. I purchased the Poorboy Polish and the Poorboy EX based upon the readings I did on the forum. When exactly am I suppose to use the Collinite's #845 Insulator Wax? Am I supposed to wash, use the Collinite's #845 Insulator Wax, and then put the Poorboy EX on top? What about the Poorboy polish? D'oh and sorry in advance if this is stupid question. I just am clueless when it comes to all this stuff.

Thanks.

Its all a matter of preference. As long as you follow the correct basic steps (cleaner, polish, protectant) there are thousands of different combinations of products you can use. Some are better than others, but thats really all opinion. If you're waxing it for the first time in a while you really need to prep the surface otherwise you're not going to get very good results.

If you decide you do want to use the Collinite you would use it on top of the EX. The Collinite IS a carnuaba wax, its not a polymer sealant or a sealing glaze. The Collinite simply contains some of the polymers and resins that make a polymer sealant so durable. You would want to wash, clay, Poorboys Polish, EX and then top with Collinite (or any other pure non-cleaner carnuaba wax) if you wish. The reason Collinite is so hot around here right now is that its winter and its really durable stuff.