Intake/exhaust Gs 300

take off the reasenators and replace them with straight pipe and use magnaflow mufflers and then use an Ingen intake which is $245 at Lextasy.com trust me it will sound great, mine does.

quote name='GSKeef' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:20 PM' post='262477']

I currently have a 1999 GS 300 and im looking for both an intake an exhaust. good sound is great but performance bonuses are a must. Cheaper is better please help

if you want to be cheap then don't get anything at all. with the lexus, cheap mods must be left alone. there are quality products but they come at "quality" prices. for the 300 you may want to look at www.swiftracingtechnologies.com they have the best intake out there for the 300 and it comes with an ecu upgrade piggyback to change fuel and air levels for the intake. you should also look at getting a custom exhaust. HKS has the best sound to me but you can easily create your own by making it out of customer piping and magnaflow or flowmaster parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Forced Induction. ie: turbo, supercharger. Turbos being stages 1-5 , twin and remote. Superchargers being positive displacement, ( roots, twin screw, sliding vain, scroll type) and centrifugal, belt driven ( v belt, toothed belt, flat belt) , gear driven, chain driven and direct drive type.

if you want to be cheap then don't get anything at all. with the lexus, cheap mods must be left alone. there are quality products but they come at "quality" prices. for the 300 you may want to look at www.swiftracingtechnologies.com they have the best intake out there for the 300 and it comes with an ecu upgrade piggyback to change fuel and air levels for the intake. you should also look at getting a custom exhaust. HKS has the best sound to me but you can easily create your own by making it out of customer piping and magnaflow or flowmaster parts.

Ditto!! :cheers:

Have had bad experiences with cheap parts years ago with my previous cars... (teenager and dead broke during uni days so cheap cheap was the way to go I though) :cries: But really BAD consequences!!! :chairshot: