Going To Have To Install A Car Seat!

LEXIRX330

:) Well I have to admit I have not been posting much of anything lately. My wife and I have been real busy getting things prepared for the new addition. I can say one thing so far that we have done if anyone else is expecting and you would like to know if it is a boy/girl have a 3d-4d sonogram done. It was amazing you can see the baby's facial features and the baby moving. You can get a video of the little fella...the soon to be grand parents and great grand parents loved it too. We wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl before we started the room. So we got confirmation! We know that it is going to be a boy. :cheers: Anyway my wife is due early November.

I have been to every baby store just about on the east coast lately. :D Bought a crib got it home...was the wrong crib...took it back they didn't even have the one we wanted...Got another one...painted, border...bought stroller...play toys, the whole works! Wow...did not even know it is like a different world the baby world. Guess someone will actually start sitting in the back of my SUV now... :D Well the days of a clean car I think are almost over.

Just thought that I would drop in and say HI...and let everyone know the exciting news. Other than that my Lex is doing great...just put new brakes pads on front and back. I will need to get tires soon...and as always this site is full of great info...Michelins, Goodyears, or Bridgestone... :huh:

Congratulations bud :cheers: .... I've had great experience with Michelins, the other brands, mediocre experiences.

Thanks...I have considered the bridgestones but after seeing them on a RX think I will go with the Michelins myself...I know about the treadlife but they are still better than the Goodyears...or at least from what I have seen they are! Thanks again!

Congratulations on the addition. I hope you and your family experience all the best it has to offer.

As for the tires, because of where you live, do you switch to snow tires during the winter? Or do you use the same tire year round? Also do you have the 17's or the 18's on your RX?

I am a HUGE Michelin believer, but only for the correct application. The RX can actually benifit from a more stable tire, and the stiffer sidewall actually helps the suspension react better and hold the tire on the ground. So if you want a great ride and use different tires for the winter, then yeah, the Michelin's are the way to go. But if you use the same tire year round, then I would go with the Continental, or Yokohama. They both offer great snow traction, while balancing the sacrifice you have to make on the performance end very well.

And btw, if you use dedicated snow tires, get Blizzacks, and for the Michelin's step up to the Pilot's. That tire is amazing. The feel, feedback and response is in my opinion one of the best on the road today.

Congratulations on the addition. I hope you and your family experience all the best it has to offer.

As for the tires, because of where you live, do you switch to snow tires during the winter? Or do you use the same tire year round? Also do you have the 17's or the 18's on your RX?

I am a HUGE Michelin believer, but only for the correct application. The RX can actually benifit from a more stable tire, and the stiffer sidewall actually helps the suspension react better and hold the tire on the ground. So if you want a great ride and use different tires for the winter, then yeah, the Michelin's are the way to go. But if you use the same tire year round, then I would go with the Continental, or Yokohama. They both offer great snow traction, while balancing the sacrifice you have to make on the performance end very well.

And btw, if you use dedicated snow tires, get Blizzacks, and for the Michelin's step up to the Pilot's. That tire is amazing. The feel, feedback and response is in my opinion one of the best on the road today.

I appreciate all of the congrats...everyone! SW watch out something is in the water...and I only drink distilled water? :whistles:

As far as the tires...I have the 18's...I keep the same tire year round and here on the eastern shore of MD...we have the bay on one side and the ocean on the other. It has been along time since we have had much snow at all. If we do get any I will drive the Jeep...not the Lexus because of all the salt they put on the roads. Thanks for your feedback... I am pretty sure I will get the Michelin's....