Brake Pads For Gs300

I just became an owner of a 2000 GS300 with 62K miles on it. The front brake pads have not been changed on the car since it was new. Can anyone tell me how long factory front brake pads last on a brand new GS300? They are not making any noise yet but I assume they should be getting close, right?

If they do need replacing, I want to throw something on there that is going to last a while (in respects to how long brake pads can last). Can anyone make some suggestions as to the type of pads I should replace the factory ones with? Also does anyone have a link to information on changing the front brake pads on a GS300 (I've changed pads myself on a Honda Accord and I assume it is similar)? I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,

RS

Lexus-Toyota brake pads are the best there is. My GS400 had the factory pads in it to over 70,000 and there was still some thickness left. I changed them for another set of factory pads, and cleaned and lubed the sliders while I was at it. Easy job. Stick with the factory parts.

oem is great for the everyday use.

i use axxis semi metallic. but then again i also have supra trd tt brakes and sp cross drilled and slotted rotors. it is a great mod and cost around 650-800 for the whole kit. if you are ever interested in upgrading let me know. it is awesome compared to stock.

OEM

Does anyone have the Toyota part number for 2nd gen (2001) GS300 so I can buy these at the local Toyota dealer vs the Lexus dealer (I'm assuming it will cost more there)?

The front pads are part # 04465-22312

The Rear pads are part # 04466-30161

They cost about $45 each set from irontoad.com.. the rear pads are tiny though so don't be shocked when you see them.

i use axxis semi metallic. but then again i also have supra trd tt brakes and sp cross drilled and slotted rotors. it is a great mod and cost around 650-800 for the whole kit. if you are ever interested in upgrading let me know. it is awesome compared to stock.

I'm interested in upgrading... but not yet, don't go anywhere I'm definitely gonna need your consultation on few mods in the months to come.

I'm interested in upgrading... but not yet, don't go anywhere I'm definitely gonna need your consultation on few mods in the months to come.

sure thing, just let me know whenever. you can always reach me at Tony@EliteDriven.com

• 2 years later...
OEM

Does anyone have the Toyota part number for 2nd gen (2001) GS300 so I can buy these at the local Toyota dealer vs the Lexus dealer (I'm assuming it will cost more there)?

The front pads are part # 04465-22312

The Rear pads are part # 04466-30161

They cost about $45 each set from irontoad.com.. the rear pads are tiny though so don't be shocked when you see them.

Whats going on Spawn? are these metallic or ceramic?