Strut Bar Questions

oslo

I've been searching all over the forum for some info. on a strut bar for a '98 LS400. I've seen some things mentioning compatibility with a strut bar designed for a supra, but nothing definitive. Also, would a strut bar from an earlier LS fit on the '98 model? Whatever info. you can give would be much appreciated, thanks.

I suspect you are referring to a strut ROD with this question? If so, why not just purchase one or more for the year model you have. I could see no point in buying for another model, as surely you would not be considering a used one?

I've been searching all over the forum for some info. on a strut bar for a '98 LS400. I've seen some things mentioning compatibility with a strut bar designed for a supra, but nothing definitive. Also, would a strut bar from an earlier LS fit on the '98 model? Whatever info. you can give would be much appreciated, thanks.

http://www.luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAc...OD&ProdID=4 Tell LEO I sent you. He may give you a break ???

http://www.luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAc...OD&ProdID=4 Tell LEO I sent you. He may give you a break ???

this will fit on a '98?

this will fit on a '98?

Contact Leo @ LuxuryMods.com He should be able to get what you need. :cheers:

PO Box 8473

Newport Beach, CA 92658

Order/Inquiry: (909) 263-9297

Fax: (866) 837-2547

Email: info@luxurymods.com

Inquiry/Sales: sales@luxurymods.com

this will fit on a '98?

Contact Leo @ LuxuryMods.com He should be able to get what you need.:cheers:

PO Box 8473

Newport Beach, CA 92658

Order/Inquiry: (909) 263-9297

Fax: (866) 837-2547

Email: info@luxurymods.com

Inquiry/Sales: sales@luxurymods.com

gave him a call, left a message, I'll let you know what I hear.

Leo no longer has anything to do with luxury mods as he sold it.

I called and spoke to Han, who was very helpful. He told me that a strut bar for a 93-97 supra TT will fit on a 98 LS400. The only problem is it may not clear the engine and spacers may be required. I got the bar for $80 w/ $15 shipping. I'll let you know how it fits and get some photos of the new strut bar along w/ my intake, which I've been putting off taking pictures of.

Leo no longer has anything to do with luxury mods as he sold it.

I called and spoke to Han, who was very helpful. He told me that a strut bar for a 93-97 supra TT will fit on a 98 LS400. The only problem is it may not clear the engine and spacers may be required. I got the bar for $80 w/ $15 shipping. I'll let you know how it fits and get some photos of the new strut bar along w/ my intake, which I've been putting off taking pictures of.

Happy to be of service :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Strut bar fits perfectly. It won't fit on if you have the plastic engine cover in place, but I already had mine off, as i prefer the look of the exposed engine. Bed time now, I'll take some pics of it tomorrow.

Strut bar fits perfectly. It won't fit on if you have the plastic engine cover in place, but I already had mine off, as i prefer the look of the exposed engine. Bed time now, I'll take some pics of it tomorrow.

Please do send pics.

BTW, Han, the new owner of LuxuryMods.com has really busted his hump to bring back great customer service to the shop. My compliments to him and his efforts.

Please do send pics.

BTW, Han, the new owner of LuxuryMods.com has really busted his hump to bring back great customer service to the shop. My compliments to him and his efforts.

Took some pics last night. I'll post 'em this evening after work. Any idea if there's a rear strut bar that will fit on the '98 LS? I'm sure there must be something that matches up, it's just a matter of whether or not anyone has found one. I'm going to take my front strut bar and see if it would be possible to modify it to attach to the rear. It looks like it will fit since it's adjustable, but you'd have to drill three new screw holes in each mounting ring. If it matches up alright, I think I'll purchase a second one and have the machine shop here at work drill it for me. I might also try calling up Han again and see if he knows of anything that will fit the rear.

The front strut bar I got was a Tanabe sustec designed for a 93-98 Supra TT, in case anyone wants to know. I've had a chance to test out the car with the strut bar installed and I noticed a handling difference immediately. There is significantly less body roll up front and the car feels much more solid. I'm guessing there was a lot of flex in the chassis before, due to the heaviness of the LS. I can take turns more aggressively now without feeling like I'm about to lose control. I would definitely recommend this mod to anyone interested, especially since it doesn't affect the ride quality, at least as far as i can tell. Here in Boston, it's nice having the smooth ride of the LS to eat up all the potholes.