Modifying The Is 300

smooth1

4.50 a gallon!! dayum! Yeah, I would be lookin for gas saving also. If your super serious about saving money on gas, then I would also pull the water pump, and just remove the internals. Then put an electric water pump on it. That will free up the higher rev parasitic drag, and have a nice gas saving side effect. I have a Mezziere. that I swear by and will outlast the car.

I love the entire post, I have a GS430 im going to be biturboing in the future but for now were turboing my roomates is300, I'm new to the lexus but im big into the turbo builds, ive even got a turbo tatted on my arm, I learned alot off your posts that im going to apply in the build. Should have the rest of the parts in within the next week and were going to start the install. It's cool your in florida, I'm like 15 minutes south of Morosso. I'm looking forward to reading more posts.

i know something everyone else doesn't...... He he hehehehehehehehehehe..... :whistles: ....and it's big news for this thread.... hahahahahahahahahaha.... wonder what it is yet?????? .....smooth will tell you soon enough!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

i know something everyone else doesn't...... He he hehehehehehehehehehe..... :whistles: ....and it's big news for this thread.... hahahahahahahahahaha.... wonder what it is yet?????? .....smooth will tell you soon enough!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Is this the typical carrot in front of the jackass comment ? J/K :lol::lol::lol: Can't Wait, The suspense is killing me. :whistles:

i know.. just the suspense of when he's gonna post it is killin me.... and i already know what it is.... teeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeee

Whatever you do, Don't lead us on..............................................................................

Later this weekend I'll be posting the updates. I'm just not ready, with everyone wanting pics and all too.!! But I won't say Flop's name.

I promise guys.

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been able to update this thread in awhile. But I have been very busy. I actually still am, but I thought I would take a little time to bring everyone up to speed.

Ok, where to begin, alright, let's start with this:

We would like to welcome our newest member of the Smooth family,

A 2008 Black on Black IS 350

post-42851-1203470283_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470301_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470320_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470343_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470364_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been able to update this thread in awhile. But I have been very busy. I actually still am, but I thought I would take a little time to bring everyone up to speed.

Ok, where to begin, alright, let's start with this:

We would like to welcome our newest member of the Smooth family,

A 2008 Black on Black IS 350

post-42851-1203470283_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470301_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470320_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470343_thumb.jpg post-42851-1203470364_thumb.jpg

Congrats Smooth :cheers: Very sharp IS, Gotta love the Blk on Blk, Pure Class. Are you going to mod ? Do you still have your other IS300T ?

So, I just finished selling off all the mod parts from the 05', like the turbo and intercooler and such. And the 05' just sold for (get this) $24k!!! Yeah, I know!!!

So, I'm buying a black 02' IS 300 with the manual transmission, and 74k miles on it. For alot less!!! That car is going straight to the shop, and then getting dissasembled and race prepped. The motor is about half way done. And I have to get a transmission for it, new driveshaft and rearend. Then gut the interior and install full body braces, and a roll cage. Then basically build the car from the ground up. Yes, there will be plenty of pics as time goes by. It's just slow right now as some of this takes time to gather up and get rolling.

We are aiming for near 1000 hp, and low 8 quarters.

So, I just finished selling off all the mod parts from the 05', like the turbo and intercooler and such. And the 05' just sold for (get this) $24k!!! Yeah, I know!!!

So, I'm buying a black 02' IS 300 with the manual transmission, and 74k miles on it. For alot less!!! That car is going straight to the shop, and then getting dissasembled and race prepped. The motor is about half way done. And I have to get a transmission for it, new driveshaft and rearend. Then gut the interior and install full body braces, and a roll cage. Then basically build the car from the ground up. Yes, there will be plenty of pics as time goes by. It's just slow right now as some of this takes time to gather up and get rolling.

We are aiming for near 1000 hp, and low 8 quarters.

So, The monster will be reincarnated :cheers: Do you have plans for the 08 ?

Nothing outside of cosmetic. ( hence I didn't get any of the dealer rapesessories.) There is no performance after market for the 350, and no engine mgmt. at all. I really like the new darker rims also. And the new trac button when held in for 5-10 seconds disables the VDIM now. So the car is almost fast! In stock trim.

This will be my everyday driver now. And the IS 300 will be trailored to the tracks now. My wife is much happier about it. That's for sure. She was kind of complaining about the ride being to stiff, and the car was too much of a hot rod now, and so on. And with me wanting to go even bigger power, meant that the car would be down for an extended amount of time, and then put on the track, so the little Nissan was going to be getting alot more street time. UUUhhh, not gonna happen. So, I went to the dealership and we played stratego, and I bought a new Lexus. I have to say, I really like the new IS 350. I'm very satisfied with it. I think it will perform it's duties very well. And when I want me ribbs pressed to my spine, I can allways bring out the monster for that. LOL!!

Nothing outside of cosmetic. ( hence I didn't get any of the dealer rapesessories.) There is no performance after market for the 350, and no engine mgmt. at all. I really like the new darker rims also. And the new trac button when held in for 5-10 seconds disables the VDIM now. So the car is almost fast! In stock trim.

This will be my everyday driver now. And the IS 300 will be trailored to the tracks now. My wife is much happier about it. That's for sure. She was kind of complaining about the ride being to stiff, and the car was too much of a hot rod now, and so on. And with me wanting to go even bigger power, meant that the car would be down for an extended amount of time, and then put on the track, so the little Nissan was going to be getting alot more street time. UUUhhh, not gonna happen. So, I went to the dealership and we played stratego, and I bought a new Lexus. I have to say, I really like the new IS 350. I'm very satisfied with it. I think it will perform it's duties very well. And when I want me ribbs pressed to my spine, I can allways bring out the monster for that. LOL!!

Sounds like a plan ;) The wife is happy, Then all is good B)

:lol:

"Careful everyone, that's Flop 170 all over the floor and walls over there. It's not even on the table of elements, and once you get that stuff on ya, they have to completely decontaminate you and burry you in sand for 6 months! Not to mention the smell!!!"

:lol:

"Careful everyone, that's Flop 170 all over the floor and walls over there. It's not even on the table of elements, and once you get that stuff on ya, they have to completely decontaminate you and burry you in sand for 6 months! Not to mention the smell!!!"

Thanks Flop, You got all over my breakfast. And now the dog won't even eat it. :lol::lol::lol: