More Power For Is350

Has anyone had any luck getting more HP out of their 350?, I'm thinking about trying to squeeze another 15 or 20 horse out of it, but dont want to shoot in the dark. I would appreciate any thoughts, or better yet some advise that has worked.

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck getting more HP out of their 350?, I'm thinking about trying to squeeze another 15 or 20 horse out of it, but dont want to shoot in the dark. I would appreciate any thoughts, or better yet some advise that has worked.

Thanks

I would think that if you put a cold air intake (i think injen makes one for the IS 250/350) and/or a cat-back you could get somewhere between 10-20 horsepower (if you do both, more obviously). I haven't seen any dynos for this car specifically though, so I'm not sure. I'm new to the forum, but you might want to try searching for intakes/exhaust/modifications and see what you find.

Thanks

I would think that if you put a cold air intake (i think injen makes one for the IS 250/350) and/or a cat-back you could get somewhere between 10-20 horsepower (if you do both, more obviously). I haven't seen any dynos for this car specifically though, so I'm not sure. I'm new to the forum, but you might want to try searching for intakes/exhaust/modifications and see what you find.

I just read a little bit about it, and it sounds interesting, the people who want to sell it to you say 19HP gain for the intake alone, seems high to me for just changing the intake. This seems to be backed up by some of the people who have done it, they seem to think more in the 5 HP range, but if you couple this with exhaust it sound like you are starting to get somewhere.

lol yeah intake gives you like 3hp and maybe if you change the filter, lol a total of 5 hp. You cant really make any significant changes without doing some big things to the car.

Yea, not really looking for alot, just something to keep it interesting, maybe next summer or something.

P.S. I just raced a shelby GT500, man that thing runs good, of cource it better it has just over 500 horse, he obviously beat me but he had to work alot harder than he thought origionally (he lit the back end up going into second to stay ahead). Fun, that is why I bought the car!!! to have FUN

if you really want to get 15-20 plus HP for your 350, just install a 35 shots of NOX instead of spending 1,500+ on header, intake and exhaust.

That scares me a bit, my uncle put NOS on his car and he started shreading his supercharger belts, and ended up taking it off. It was even the kit recommended for his car by NOS.

don't know enough about the 350... but your typical engine performance upgrade would be intake (not much here), header, high flow cat, mid pipe, and axle back. Then check out some engine management. but seems like Lexus has some pretty tight ECU, not sure if there is anything available for aftermarket.

force induction is always a good way to go, but not sure if there is a kit for it. even if there is, I think your CR is too high for FI. might have to run on a very low boost, then might just well not....

i am still doing research on the 350. I am all for performance, but I don't think I would pick up a 350 to mod it. I rather pick up an STi or WRX TR and mod that sucker out. :)

I think the 350 is plenty fast on its own. Small mods like intake and exhaust arent going to do much. I would still get either intake and/or exhaust. A more aggressive sound may help in making you happier.

Here is my 2c for the subject.

The best thing you can do for your car to make it faster is to invest into your driving skills. Go to race school. I never saw much Lexus/Toyota product there. A few 95' MR2s, a few Supra's...but too heavy.

Unless it has manual you would never be a true sport enthusiast. Your Lexus is NOT M3 or S4 but rather sport blend on a luxury platform. It is not about HP but rather a match between driver's ability and car's handling. I had old M3 with 240HP and a friend with NSX with "only" 270HP. There were one of the best handling and rewarding cars. I don’t think I had less fun comparing my current 340HP V8 S4.

If you can feel 5HP then you are really good. I can't. Thank you guys and I didn't mean to offend anybody.

Thanks

I am in Tokyo and the IS350 is a little different than the IS350 in the US. However, I had my computer rewritten by TOM and I can certainly notice the difference. It cost me around $1200 to do it. The stock IS350 pumps 316HP here so I am probably pumping a few more horses out now.. TOMS said, they are working on a version for the US. You may want to contact them.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the 350 is plenty fast on its own. Small mods like intake and exhaust arent going to do much. I would still get either intake and/or exhaust. A more aggressive sound may help in making you happier.

My 0.02 worth...

I have a '07 IS 350 and I have had the HKS cat-back exhaust you can order through Lexus installed about a month ago. I probably get about 5 to 10 more hp out of it, but I didn't get it for that. I got strickly for a better exhaust note.

The car doesn't need more horespower... just slightly more communicative steering feel and that's not something you can change. I had a 2004 Corvette before I had my IS. Having a 350-hp was amazing and that car was blistering fast... but know what? According to Chevy, 0-60 was 4.9 sec with a 4-speed automatic... the IS 350? According to Lexus... 5.3 seconds. So, the IS is smoking fast without mods. And, I absolutely LOVE being underestimated by Mustang GT's that don't know what I have.

Thanks

Trade it in for '08 IS-F if the IS350 is not fast enough for you.. LOL :cheers: