Please Check Your Factory Alarms!

bbsal

Tried this on my 93 Es, she started up and I was able to unlock and open the door. I have only heard my alarm go off once since i owned the car, Can't exactly remember how it went off. It may have had something with the passenger side window being open and unlocking and opening it from that side.

wouldnt the key in the ignition turn off the alarm??? i know that if you put the key in the keyhole it cuts off the alarm (no other way that i know of)..so wouldnt that be the same for the ignition..... unless someone wants to hotwire the car and let us know ... ;)

I don't see how starting the car with the key is a test of anything.

The red alarm light on mine starts flashing as soon as I remove the key anyhow.

its a good test because in 92 to 96 year lexus there was NO imoblizer in the key so it told us that if someone climbs in thru our window they can just pop our ignition and take off!it was to show everyone that has these years es to maybe look into a aftermarket alarm!

as for your light blinking after taking the key out thats just telling you the alarm isnt armed yet.when it stays red thats when its armed

as for your light blinking after taking the key out thats just telling you the alarm isnt armed yet.when it stays red thats when its armed

They changed that in the '02-'03-'04. It works exactly the opposite. When you turn on your alarm the light is on solid, and then after about 30 seconds it starts blinking when it's armed.

• 4 years later...
sorry piggy, you wouldn't get anything. :huh:

You already said the car is in your parents name. They get book value depending on what insurance they have on it. Comprehensive covers fire and theft.

steviej

I cant find any recent posts on remote starters and alarms so I'll throw it out there again -

Does anyone have any particular recommendations or counter-recommendations for a remote starter and alarm for an 05 ES330?

THe dealer has an outside contractor come in and do it on site - and they say it is about $700 due to the contractor having to work around the Lexus electrical.

Is it worth going with this expensive dealer-related contractor, or should I go with Circuit CIty for about what looks like $300 installed for a reasonable unit, or a high-end independent store? on my Subaru I have a Code Alarm system that I like, but having trouble finding a shop that deals in code alarm in Boston.

thanks