Dell Recycling Program & Kenmore Refrig.

Rx330driver

Arg! on one hand, im happy that dell has this program to take away old computers. I was cleaning out my office and i decided i dont want this computer of mine. So, i try to reformat it so that it will clear my hard drive.

In the process of doing so, i seemed to have deleted an important system file and allows the computer to even begin to load the desktop, so im stock on this command prompt screen in the beginning telling me something is missing. at this point im like oh :censored:

So now, i still have all my stuff on there...and the website says explicitly to delete ALL YOUR DATA.:chairshot: what do you think they are going to do with my old old computer that now wont even turn on. I highly doubt they will sell it to somebody (a 1998 model) and steal my old homework assignments lol. i have nothing increminating on it.

any advice--> should i just send it to them and bid my farewells, or should i remove the harddrive and then send them the rest....but what am i gonna do with a harddrive?

now for the second thing.

Im planning to purchase a new refrigerator tomorrow, or soon after. Ive decided on the Kenmore Elite Trio, with the french doors and the bottom freezer drawer. Anybody have experiences with it? im seeing mixed reviews...Im most worried about sound because with the current one we have, my wife complains that it bothers her when she cant fall asleep. go figure

since it's a 98, I assume it's running on windows 98, and not xp. you should have a boot disc with windows, one of those 3 1/4 discs. put that in your computer, then turn it on. your bios should go straight to it first. you want a comand prompt. use the command "FDISK".. This will take you to a section where you can wipe out partitions, etc..... then, once you're done with that, back at the command prompt, type in "format c:" or something to that effect, this will reformat the hard drive, erasing absolutely everything on it.

Find out who really makes the Kenmore model you are looking at. If it is a fridgidare model stay the hell away from it.

I agree, they used to be really good, but they are all made in Mexico, poor reliability, I would buy a LG or Samsung refrigerator. Sorry, but that is the way of all American companies, lowest labor, poor reliability.

Interesting......I work for Sears Canada & have for over 10 years now (in I.T.). Kenmore's here are not made in Mexico, but in Canada & have some of the best reliability in the industry. ;)

:cheers:

Interesting......I work for Sears Canada & have for over 10 years now (in I.T.). Kenmore's here are not made in Mexico, but in Canada & have some of the best reliability in the industry. ;)

:cheers:

Maybe your Kenmores are made there, The last ones I have purchased had made in Mexico on a majority of the parts.

Whirlpool is not a bad brand they have made a few mistakes which include the stupid calypso washers and dryer i have. Both are branded Kenmore as Kenmore is just a relabel since they make nothing on there own.

LG is OK but armana Hotpoint and a couple others are much more reliable.

Whirlpool is not a bad brand they have made a few mistakes which include the stupid calypso washers and dryer i have. Both are branded Kenmore as Kenmore is just a relabel since they make nothing on there own.

LG is OK but armana Hotpoint and a couple others are much more reliable.

I've had a good experience with a Hotpoint frig. We have this old 13 year old Hotpoint Frig, and is still working. The only problem that occured is the wiring to the light. <_< In our old house, we had a washer and dryer that were both working well for 13 years also and were both Whirpools. Only problem, the dryer doesn't "dry" as well as a new one. :wacko::huh:

If your dryer is not drying well take it apart and clean the sensors as well as vents to remove the lint and it will work 300 times better after.

That's what someone suggested to me before, but since we moved, we decided to get a new washer and dryer set.

Even removing the lint after every dry cycle, does lint still get all over the vents and inside? :huh:

Just like you furnace and refrigerator the dryer needs to be serviced by vacuuming the internals of dust build up . The number one cause of all electronics going bad is heat from dirt and dust.

I see. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Learn something new everyday. :D

Besides cleaning out the lint accumulation on a regular basis, the best thing you can do to improve the efficiency of your dryer as well as to increase its lifespan is to replace the plastic-covered flexible vent piping underneath your house with all-metal galvanized tubing. The cheap plastic-covered flexible vent piping is inexpensive and easier to install and that's why most builders use it. But it traps lint as well as moisture and quickly causes the efficiency of your dryer to begin to degrade. I replaced our flexible vent piping with galvanized metal tubing in September 2003 and was amazed at how much more efficient the dryer became immediately after the job. A load of towels that used to take an hour to thoroughly dry suddenly began finishing in about 25 minutes. Our 1991 dryer began operating like it was new again.

I had to run about 40 feet of tubing. I did it by using metal strap hangers attached to the floor joists underneath the first floor in our crawlspace. Bought all the supplies at Home Depot for about $85 at the time and spent about 3 hours total taking down the old flexible tubing and installing the galvanized metal piping. I was astonished at how full of lint and moisture the entire length of the old flexible piping was. Just take accurate measurements before you go to purchase your materials, buy what you need, and be sure to have a pair of tin snips on hand to make the few custom cuts that will be required. I used 6-foot lengths of tubing and sealed all of the joints with a couple of rolls of metal-backed duct tape that a handyman friend recommended to me. I found it at Home Depot as well.

This was probably one of the best bang-for-the-buck home improvements I've ever done. I check the seals and seams on the tubing two or three times a year when I happen to be in the crawl space and they have remained tight and leak-free. You should see and feel the difference of the power of the exhausted air coming out of the dryer vent outside the back wall of the house now - with the previous flexible piping, it would hardly push open the flap of the dryer vent. But now, I can fly a kite out there when the dryer is running....