Might Have To Sell This Car 94 Ls 400

wrpsuite

It's been a month and I can't seem to get used to such a big car. It's great on the highway but thinking it doesn't fit my driving style. I'm totally sold on Lexus and might look for a smaller model. Anyone ever have a similar experience?

im feeling very diffrent with lexus for long -- but strong car --- but still dont like it lol --- cant exrepss by puting lil words togeather .. its a huge list ... but -- hold it tight you will get used to it

I love my car. I know its big but its only like 6 inches longer than a camry. Few cars offer confidence on the road like an LS. Give it some time. If its still too big, go get an es300. They are still very nice to drive.

If i had the money I'd buy an is350. Yea they are small... but they're awesome.

I never had a problem driving an LS in high school, but after I got my Taurus I couldn't park it for *BLEEP* because I could never fully cut the wheel as fast as I needed to (edit: i couldn't park the Taurus, not the LS).

I think the rediculous power steering of the LS makes up for the size. The wheel's resistance level is about that of an '03 V6 malibu (which is a teenage girl's car, and drives like it). I was shocked when I first got into my '93 yesterday

I never had a problem driving an LS in high school, but after I got my Taurus I couldn't park for it *BLEEP* because I could never fully cut the wheel as fast as I needed to. I think the rediculous power steering makes up for the size. The wheel's resistance level is about that of an '03 V6 malibu (which is a teenage girl's car, and drives like it).

The ls isn't that big of a car, But it has that big car feel, It takes some getting used to, Then it's all smiles......:cheers:

It took me a couple of weeks to really get used to my LS; and it was about 6" longer and 2" wider than the car I had before. I had that car for 12 years so I was REALLY used to it; I could parallel park it with one eye blindfolded and one hand tied behind my back. :)

Give it time; the LS is worth it!

You didn't say if you were single or a family man, road warrior or simple back and forth to work.

I went from a '95 Avalon to my '04 LS and yes it was a change but well worth it. My lease is up in a yr and I had really thought about turning it in for a GS or ES but every day that I drive my LS I just can't get over the ride. I drove it 9 hrs and when I got home I went out and cut (walk) and trimmed the grass!

But having said that, if you're more into the sporty, road feel ride, you may be happier with one of the smaller models but at 54 yrs old, I'll take the quiet, smooth ride of the LS anyday. Good luck with you decision.

JDK, Even a young guy can appreciate a smooth quiet ride. I put 3000 miles on my car in about a week. (spring break) No sweat. I drove my buddies 97 civic today, I know, i know completely different class... i know, but going from the civic, to my LS was just so refreshing. You can really take it's refinement for granted. Sure i spend twice as much on gas but so what! ( i paid half as much for the car!)

I really do think if you give it time you'll fall in love with your LS. I did from the moment i started it.. and wondered if it was running.

I really think I'm infatuated with my car actually. If I'm ever in a bad mood i just look at that shiny L on the grille and somehow feel better.

I know I'm crazy.

JDK, Even a young guy can appreciate a smooth quiet ride. I put 3000 miles on my car in about a week. (spring break) No sweat. I drove my buddies 97 civic today, I know, i know completely different class... i know, but going from the civic, to my LS was just so refreshing. You can really take it's refinement for granted. Sure i spend twice as much on gas but so what! ( i paid half as much for the car!)

I really do think if you give it time you'll fall in love with your LS. I did from the moment i started it.. and wondered if it was running.

I really think I'm infatuated with my car actually. If I'm ever in a bad mood i just look at that shiny L on the grille and somehow feel better.

I know I'm crazy.

Young guys can enjoy the smooth ride but I see so many going after the smaller, sporty models, so they can jump lanes faster!! LOL

Your right about falling in love with the LS, there hasn't been one day in the past 1000 that I've owned my car that I haven't really appreciated the ride... the look....the stereo....etc,etc!

I'm 40 with 2 small kids. I love the space and the car is a dream on the highway but a bit heavy and unresponsive on side roads. I'm going to give it a couple more weeks. Been averaging 18mpg on a car with 187k and tons of features so I'm not complainign , just not sure it's a fit for me??

I know I'm crazy.

No. You are not crazy. I think when you take into account the total ownership experience the LS is pretty impossible to beat.

Almost every time I get out of the LS I feel better than when I got into it. Its does so many things brilliantly. And for such a large heavy feature laden car the maintenance is a snap; and the guy at the Smog station complimented me on my good gas mileage (??!!). Every so often I'm on the road somewhere and it just hits me....this is a REALLY nice car!!

I'm thinking of buying a SECOND one in a couple years so that I can spread the mileage out more evenly.

Now THAT'S crazy. :)

I'm 40 with 2 small kids. I love the space and the car is a dream on the highway but a bit heavy and unresponsive on side roads. I'm going to give it a couple more weeks. Been averaging 18mpg on a car with 187k and tons of features so I'm not complainign , just not sure it's a fit for me??

I would urge you to make a small expenditure and replace your Sway Bar Bushings before those couple of weeks are up. I think you will be amazed what a difference this inexpensive repair will make in the handling of your vehicle. If afterwards you agree, then you can always pursue further replacements/enhancements that will allow you to enjoy your LS to the fullest. If not, then you won't be out much when you trade it for something else.