And The Wife's New Car Is...

nc211

Looks like someone's going to be signing up for Traffic School on Monday. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gotta be careful out there and sorry to hear that your new baby got "baptized" (old Filipino term of like, "break-in" of something new, like getting mud on a new pair of shining white shoes) by a Police officer, not a Priest. . ;)

Any consolation, but I remember when my GX470 was exactly 3 months old, she got used in rain (and in this house, we never use the new car in rain,) and boy it was painful to know that the undercarriage was gonna get a little dirty after that. But even up to now we still try not to use the GX in rain (and she's 4 years old already). :P Imagine when the 4Runner will get a taste of wet roads :wacko:

I agree SWO, in all honesty, I knew it was coming too. My internal warning system was going off the second day we had the car. I just knew I was going to get a ticket, but I didn't think it was going to be that bad, 17 over is going to be expensive. It's a speed trap that got me. A brand new, 4 lane country highway, smooth black top, and the speed is 50 mph? Cop said it's still a construction zone until they remove the barrels "which might I add, are tossed in the woods off to the side of the road, and have been for MONTHS". There hasn't been a worker on that road since October. Total trap. Not to mention, you show me a road crew working on a Saturday, the day after Good Friday and the day before Easter, and I'll show you a project being run by the union and not the DOT. Being a right-to-work state...just a scam... They got me, hands down. Now I've just got to spin the situation a little bit and get it knocked down via Quick-Draw-McGraw Esq. services.

I must admit though, it is pretty damn funny! I walked in the house and told my wife "I've got good news, and I've got bad news". She said "good news first". I said, and I quote word for word "honey, you don't have to worry about being the 1st one to get a ticket in your new car!" :lol::lol:

I said, and I quote word for word "honey, you don't have to worry about being the 1st one to get a ticket in your new car!" :lol::lol:

Do I dare ask what was her reaction???? :lol: :P

Well, there is a lining in every cloud, sort of. My wife got a ticket about 18 months ago, and hired a lawyer in downtown Raleigh to handle it. She got clocked going 11 over the limit. After all the jabbering I've heard this week over my 17 over the limit ticket, it turns out my ticket will cost LESS than hers! HOW? Referral discount from the attorney! Since I told them my wife used them for the same thing, they gave me a cut rate, preferred customer I guess.... Hahahaha!!! $285, including court costs and all! :cheers:

• 4 months later...

All this chatter about cars, thought I'd update this one...

For the first time since buying the Mazda 3, I've had a few days to really get it revved up, alone! The wife has already swipped the keys to the 4Runner, I'm too afraid to drive the LS since it's all clean and ready to sell, so I got the Mazda this week. And man, I gotta' tell ya', that thing is a freakin' riot! My commute is about a 20 mile country drive on some twisty and curvey roads. 70mph on a turn that suggests 35mph is nothing for that car to handle. I've got to give it back soon, otherwise I'm gonna get a really bad ticket! Anyone looking for a great little car, I seriously can't say enough good things about that little 3. Mazda hit the nail square on the head with that one! She's actually asking me when she can have her car back! Any of you local guys see a white 3 screaming down 751, watch out, because I'm laughing so hard that spit is flying out of the sunroof.

Hasn't Smokey already nailed you once in that Mazda? Sounds like you'd better be setting aside some cash in the cookie jar so she can throw your bail next time without having to stop by the ATM first....

I just helped a guy in my office buy a Mazda 3 5 Door. It is a great car, it feels like a much more expensive car than it actually is. His is fully loaded, navigation, auto HID lights, rain sensing wipers, leather everywhere, nice Bose stereo. Its a great car.

Damn I wish Carla had let me get that over the Prius...

Hahaa... yeah RX, he sure did, nailed me dead-to-rights too..within the 1st week of buying it. I've got to get my car back, this thing is going to land me in the county clinker. It's that triptronic gear box that does it for me! I swear, whomever invented that thing should be getting paid by marriage counselors around the world! It's the best dang invention since tiolet paper.

SWO, your friend will love his! We've got all the same options except for the navi. Being my wife's car, I could see that screen being used for nothing more than a place to put sticky-notes. So spared the expense. Tell Carla that we get 35mpg in ours on mid-grade. We've actually hit close to 40mpg on our way to the beach before on premium fuel. That 2.3 engine really comes alive with premium. We got this in April I think? And we've already got close to 10,000 miles already. The one thing I don't care for however is those 17in low profile, strong as steel side wall tires that come with the car. Road noise on concrete is pretty bad. I hear a change of tires makes a substantial improvement. Just one more reason to hit those corners hard...the faster I wear down these oem tires, the sooner I can buy better ones!

RX, was it you that sent me a PM about your buddy over at Madsen Motors????? If so, mind sending me that contact again? I'm going to see if they're willing to sell the LS for me. I just don't have time to do this myself anymore. Got the title in hand... Thanks amigos!

Call Wayne Madsen. He and his brother Craig own the place. Both are great to deal with but I think Wayne is the nicer, more empathetic guy. I'm sure he can sell your car on consignment for you. They have top-notch inventory as you know, so they get a lot of serious, well-monied people through there week in and week out. Give Wayne a call, good luck, and let me know how it goes....

• 4 months later...

#2 :chairshot: :chairshot: .....almost... got a warning, since the speedlimit kept jumping around, and there wasn't a posted sign for miles "got knocked down".... But, had me at 63 in a 35! Hahaha... But the speed limit went from 55, to 45, to 55, to 45, to 35..blah blah blah... Nice guy, just told me to keep it safe. Said he was basically issuing warnings only for a few days, seeing as how everyone speeds like crazy on that road. Wife finds out...i'm bannished!

God, I love that car.. got 16,000 s-miles on it now, not a single problem, still smells new. In fact, we don't even touch the 4runner on the weekends, it's all Mazda time. :cheers: