Is Lexus Rx350 For Woman?

But 55% of all new car buyers are woman also. And the top selections by women are the Toyota Rav 4, the Toyota Solara, Mazda Miata, and the Honda CRV all with 75% or better women buying ratios. I didn't see the RX on that list, but I also didn't see any "luxury" class cars on it. So it may have omitted that class completely.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a man and I bought a 2009 RX350. I had the same issue that all the RX's I saw were driven by wemen. But I found there was a limited selection if you are looking for a SUV that can pull a sail boat and get decent milage. By putting a tailer hitch on the back I made it a guys vehicle. Bottom line, who cares if it is fun to drive, comfortable, and looks great. (:-)

• 2 weeks later...
Thats nothing, my fiance has a light green Prius with "FUZZLE" as the license plate. Now thats manly when I drive it haha.

Is she an Al Gore fan?

Not particularly no.

I am a man and I bought a 2009 RX350. I had the same issue that all the RX's I saw were driven by wemen. But I found there was a limited selection if you are looking for a SUV that can pull a sail boat and get decent milage. By putting a tailer hitch on the back I made it a guys vehicle. Bottom line, who cares if it is fun to drive, comfortable, and looks great. (:-)

Now if you added one of those bull you-know-whats, dangling from the hitch that I've seen around town, that would complete the masculine make-over of your RX 350! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Now if you added one of those bull you-know-whats, dangling from the hitch that I've seen around town, that would complete the masculine make-over of your RX 350! :rolleyes:

:lol:

Are you talking about these?

Not for the easily offended...

I swear I would die laughing if I saw someone sporting these on a new RX400h!

Back on topic: I have owned 3 RXs; a 99, an 03 and now the wife has an 06 RX400h...they are a bit girly I guess.

I used to catch heat from the peer-group on my 2003, but when it came to choose a car to go to lunch in, it was always the first choice.

I fight to drive the RX400, though. I swear it pulls like my old 1995 M3 used to do. Fun!

I bought the 09 Pebble Beach for my wife and MYSELF.

Just because a car has refined lines it means its a purse car?

BTW, went to the gym today and did leg presses - 360 x 10, 450 x 10, 540 x 10, 550 x 5

OK, so what.

Just I am not some limp wrist.

The RX is just a very neat car.

Woman Car, Man car whatever its a great ride. I've got a 08 X5, and an 04 RX330, and I must say, that the RX is a great ride, sure the X5 has more pep, but the RX is no slouch, and yes I bought it my self prior to the X5, and now my wife and I enjoy both. I put it in the same category as the X5.

If you want to purchase one, purchase it based on the facts, its a great BANG for the BUCK!!!

• 3 months later...

I thought that RX was meant for men after seeing them drive around in Michigan, Ohio Regions. Leased an 2007 RX350 in Sept '06. After staying in West Coast (CA/OR) ever since now I regret that may be I made a mistake by leasing an RX with an intention to buy it out at the end of 4 yr lease. :angry: I only see Women driving it everywhere. I even think of returning the RX at times, but hate to see $20K go down the drain though I will be using it for 4 yrs.

Why does it matter?

I just don't get it, maybe I'm more secure in my masculinity than others but it just would never occur to me to get rid of a vehicle I like because I see women driving them more than men...

I mean, are you really that concerned people are going to think you're a woman? Do you look like a woman? I just don't get it...

I bought a 2008 RX350 CPO and it never dawned on me it was a girlie car...I needed to tow our seadoo and was tired of my old Jeep with its truck like suspension...Now I get to hit the boat ramp in style....maybe the hitch was the trick.... ;)

I brought one because wanted a smaller V6 lexus SUV. But if talking about the style I would have to say it lends more

toward a woman. But i dont care. the dang thing is comfortable to drive, good mileage, easy to park.

Than have a variety of vehicles a Vette for fun/speed, a focus to putter, a GMC to haul and the lexus for Trips

But is your one of those off Road Bubba types you know a Tim Taylor grunter, LOL I would look at something else

• 4 months later...

ok guys....I bought it for myself.

My wife drives the Genesis 4.6...1 mile to work and back everyday. (HOLY COW...WHAT A MACHINE!)

I drive the 400h...30 miles to work and back everyday.

I was worried about my ego there for a while...so I spent some money.

$250 hitch...Hey...love the SUV NUTS

$600 Nitto NT420s 255/55/18 tires. MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE in looks!

Put a nice little PING sticker on the rear glass. Yes, I golf...a lot!

However...if I were a single man I would have no problem picking up the ladies (the RIDE of course...not my looks...HA)!

When my wife rides with me she notices other women noticing and just STARES at me! :glare: What should I do? Well, I lean over and plant a whopper right on her cheek! :) :wub:

Definitely a WOMANS car...but you can turn it into a mans ride with a little cash and a ball bag hanging off the rear. B)

ok guys....I bought it for myself.

My wife drives the Genesis 4.6...1 mile to work and back everyday. (HOLY COW...WHAT A MACHINE!)

I drive the 400h...30 miles to work and back everyday.

I was worried about my ego there for a while...so I spent some money.

$250 hitch...Hey...love the SUV NUTS

$600 Nitto NT420s 255/55/18 tires. MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE in looks!

Put a nice little PING sticker on the rear glass. Yes, I golf...a lot!

However...if I were a single man I would have no problem picking up the ladies (the RIDE of course...not my looks...HA)!

When my wife rides with me she notices other women noticing and just STARES at me! :glare: What should I do? Well, I lean over and plant a whopper right on her cheek! :) :wub:

Definitely a WOMANS car...but you can turn it into a mans ride with a little cash and a ball bag hanging off the rear. B)

I can agree, the Rx is a chick magnet :P And there are a lot of ways to make it more "masculine" <_<

• 2 months later...

I have a driven a 2002 WHITE Coach RX 300 for 7 years. I caught some stick for it from friends for a while but whatever. It has been a great car. I am now giving it to my oldest daughter and I bought a 2010 350 in Black Saphire with a tan interior. I have gotten numerous compliments on it, the color, and no teasing. It's a great car and looks as manly as any other non-truck vehicle IMO.

• 2 months later...

I"ve been driving a Tahoe for the last 10 years and decided I wanted something smaller. In looking at the smaller SUVs, the Lexus RX350 was always rated as the best, so, I went and test drove one, just to see what they were like.

I really did like the drive, so, I bought a black RX350 2010 with the tan interior about 6 months ago. I didn't buy it to try and promote my masculine side, I just wanted a nice vehicle that met my needs and I've been very happy with RX350 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I also have a Jeep Wrangler I use to pull my fishing boat, so I guess if I ever get concerned that people think I'm too girly, I'll pick them up in my Jeep and bounce them around for a while!

I"ve been driving a Tahoe for the last 10 years and decided I wanted something smaller. In looking at the smaller SUVs, the Lexus RX350 was always rated as the best, so, I went and test drove one, just to see what they were like.

I really did like the drive, so, I bought a black RX350 2010 with the tan interior about 6 months ago. I didn't buy it to try and promote my masculine side, I just wanted a nice vehicle that met my needs and I've been very happy with RX350 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I also have a Jeep Wrangler I use to pull my fishing boat, so I guess if I ever get concerned that people think I'm too girly, I'll pick them up in my Jeep and bounce them around for a while!

Glad to hear that there some people out there that are masculine enough not to care about what other people think of their car :)

Why does it matter?

I just don't get it, maybe I'm more secure in my masculinity than others but it just would never occur to me to get rid of a vehicle I like because I see women driving them more than men...

I mean, are you really that concerned people are going to think you're a woman? Do you look like a woman? I just don't get it...

Considering my fun driver is a 2007 Mazda Miata, I must not be too worried about appearances.