Anybody Have Pics Of The 400h Batteries?

Just wondering how many there are and how big they are. I was pleasantly surprised with how little they affect interior space in the 400h. I understand this is not so in other hybrids like the Camry...

well in an SUV, there is more space on the ground. thats why the batteries in the highlander and 400h are underneath the back seat. In the sedans, they have to be placed in between the back seat and the trunk because there is no room else where.

Just wondering how many there are and how big they are. I was pleasantly surprised with how little they affect interior space in the 400h. I understand this is not so in other hybrids like the Camry...

The book says the cargo area only looses one inch (higher floor) due to battery storage.

The book says the cargo area only looses one inch (higher floor) due to battery storage.

I was under the impression that the back seats are taller,not the floor itself.

RX400hERGreva.pdf

The only thing I could find was a drawing of the batteries on page 13 in this .pdf file that's called "Lexus RX400h Hybrid - Emergency Response Guide". I think it's supposed to be used by emergency response personnel when dealing with the vehicle after its been involved in an accident. I think I'll print it out and keep it in the glove box...

Lexus RX400h Emergency Response Guide

.pdf attached also...

Jim

RX400hERGreva.pdf

The only thing I could find was a drawing of the batteries on page 13 in this .pdf file that's called "Lexus RX400h Hybrid - Emergency Response Guide". I think it's supposed to be used by emergency response personnel when dealing with the vehicle after its been involved in an accident. I think I'll print it out and keep it in the glove box...

.pdf attached also...

Jim

Very Interesting, thanks for posting... How the heck did you find this?

RX400hERGreva.pdf

.pdf attached also...

Jim

Very Interesting, thanks for posting... How the heck did you find this?

Google and a lot of patience... :)

Jim

I, too, would like to see the actual batteries. I have no idea of their actual size. Bigger than a bread basket?

Tom

Here's a link to a picture of the Highlander Battery. I believe it's identical to the RX400h batterysince it uses the same 3.3 liter engine and is rated at the same 268hp.

Hybrid Battery Picture

Jim

• 8 months later...