Replaced Oem Intake System

Hey guys, I currently owned a 99 GS300. Just finished installing a intake kit bought from eBay on my GS. Took it for a spin and seems like it surely gets a lot more air into the system. Would that cause a problem in the A/F mixture? Any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a bunch!

Jimmy Yang

Hey guys, I currently owned a 99 GS300. Just finished installing a intake kit bought from eBay on my GS. Took it for a spin and seems like it surely gets a lot more air into the system. Would that cause a problem in the A/F mixture? Any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a bunch!

Jimmy Yang

Pictures ?

Sorry, no pic yet. Got it from eBay though. I'm sure if you go there, it'll still be in there.

Bought it for $21.99 plus shipping :whistles: I guess an A/F guage would help me determine

whether my mixture is lean or rich. If it triggers the CEL, can I removed the negative terminal

of the battery to reset the CEL?

Sorry, no pic yet. Got it from eBay though. I'm sure if you go there, it'll still be in there.

Bought it for $21.99 plus shipping :whistles: I guess an A/F guage would help me determine

whether my mixture is lean or rich. If it triggers the CEL, can I removed the negative terminal

of the battery to reset the CEL?

remove the positive terminal. you can wait it out to see if it trips any codes... i doubt it will though.. no different than a high flow drop in filter... like a k&n or something. no intake is ever a huge power gain really most of what comes with an intake is noise.

I don't think you'll would run rich as the GS sensors are quick to learn and correct fuel ratios. Worse case scenario is you lose a few HP (intake less shielded from engine heat) for the trade off of a better sound.

Sounds like a short ram with cone filter.

dcfish, it sound like you hit it right on target. it's a short intake with a cone on it.

I suppose what I need next would be an exhaust system. I like a good look system

with good sound but not loud. Any suggestion?

My suggestion is to extend the cone filter down behind the headlight or ditch it and get a turbo.

I would love to get a turbo kit for this but it'll be my daily driven vehicle so I don't think it will do good with gas putting a turbo on. I notice the spaces on the engine that could fit a nice turbo but that is too much for now :D I'm thinking about getting an MR2 Turbo as my weekend car as I use to have one but had to ditch it for a 4 door. :chairshot: Got pic of my x-MR2 at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/wmr2oc