Weathertech Cargo Liner

I've been looking at the WeatherTech cargo liner to replace the factory carpet-style mat. My main interest is to avoid cargo sliding around more than concerns about spills. It's somewhat pricy at $110 (plus $12 to get it to my front door) but looks well made. It's physical weight is about 7 pounds which should make it fairly easy to lift up to access the compartments below. Has anyone seen this brand of liner?

Tom

I've been looking at the WeatherTech cargo liner to replace the factory carpet-style mat. My main interest is to avoid cargo sliding around more than concerns about spills. It's somewhat pricy at $110 (plus $12 to get it to my front door) but looks well made. It's physical weight is about 7 pounds which should make it fairly easy to lift up to access the compartments below. Has anyone seen this brand of liner?

Tom

Lexus came out with there version which is a perfect fit. Comes in black only. I picked it up at the dealer for $100. I looked at the weather Tech and it was not as nice.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RXh/accessorie...o_tray_RXh.html

My vehicle came with the factory lexus RX 400H front, rear, and cargo liner. There are really nice quality. Especially the rear cargo. If anything, I do wish they came in my factory Ivory colour. The do not. I did purchase a set of WeatherTech Cargo Liners for the front and rear, they are Awesome. I did own another SUV and had an aftermarket cargo liner, it was no where near as nice as the factory Lexus cargo liner. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

MadloR

MadloR, are we both talking about a liner for the rear storage area, behind the rear seats? I have the carpeted rear liner which is nice quality but things slide around and keep me from driving like a maniac.

PS: Thanks for not making fun of me for missing the meaning of your member name and calling you "Jim" for a while. Duhhhhhhh

Did you both see the WeatherTech liner in person? It looks like excellent quality as have been other products I have purchased from them before. Are these liners designed to fit with the seats forward or does that leave a gap at the front end?

Tom

MadloR, are we both talking about a liner for the rear storage area, behind the rear seats? I have the carpeted rear liner which is nice quality but things slide around and keep me from driving like a maniac.

PS: Thanks for not making fun of me for missing the meaning of your member name and calling you "Jim" for a while. Duhhhhhhh

Did you both see the WeatherTech liner in person? It looks like excellent quality as have been other products I have purchased from them before. Are these liners designed to fit with the seats forward or does that leave a gap at the front end?

Tom

I am talking about the rear cargo liner as well. I really, REALLY like the finish, feel, and fit of the factory available lexus cargo liner. It fits flush with the back of the rear seats, when the rear seats are set to give maximum leg room to the rear passengers. The mat folds up and back and keeps it shape nicely, like when opening the two underfloor compartment areas. Also, the mat cleans really well, whatever I have gotten on it has come off without leaving any stains. In the past I have had cargo liners from companies like Husky and Weathertech, and I much prefer the factory Lexus liner. The only drawback that one may have is that it is only available in Black.

Cheers,

MadloR

• 2 weeks later...

MadloR, how does the Lexus cargo tray look with the rear seats fully foward? Is there a front lip?

I think I could live with black.

Tom

I have the Lexus rear cargo mat. Its lightweight, and keeps curling up at the sides. :chairshot: I'll try turning it upside down for a while to see if it evens out. My BMW trunk mat is light and appears to consist of a plastic foam and does not curl up. My Lexus mat seems to be made of similar stuff, but a bit denser. The Lexus mat has a low relief rectangular grid pattern , basically flat (cept the sides, which persistently curl up) with a raised boarder to keep dust, dirt, or liquids on the mat from sliding off onto the carpeting. When I drop the rear seats, it looks fine (cept for the curling sides).

There's a huge difference between the "fabric" mat that I think was standard and the rubbery mat that's being discussed here. I am never satisfied with those fabricy ones - they always move around and curl up and disappoint in general :)

That cargo mat from Lexus looks great plus it has the Lexus logo. My RX400h came with a carpeted cover,anyone else get this? So when I need to put things in there,often, that might hurt the tan carpet, I simply turn the carpet over to the rubber side. Yes, I can still open the compartments with no problem and they stay open. Just a thought. Rey

Greetings mat experts. :)

My 400 came with the stupid fabric mat, which of course I also paid for on the invoice, and it hate it. It's flimsy, slides around and is sufficientlly smooth so that everything slides around on it.

After I make Uncle Sam happy I intend to pick up a Lexus rubber mat and try it, with an understanding from the dealer that I have return priviledges as long as I keep it looking nice.

Tom

Tom

I have a Weathertech and really love it, I compared with factory Lexus and pesonally I didn't like the deep crevicses in Lexus one. I purchase mine directly from Lexus dealer who sells on ebay for less money than I could purchase anywhere else, I think they were $ 92.00 also had all colors.

Mark

MadloR, how does the Lexus cargo tray look with the rear seats fully foward? Is there a front lip?

I think I could live with black.

Tom

If the rear seats are FULLY forward, then yes there will be a gap. But, in all honesty, you will always want to leave the rear seats fully back to offer the maximum amount of rear leg room. And, that little extra you would gain by leaving the rear seats fully forward, will not make much of a difference. If you really nead the space you will be dropping the seats down in order to maximize the cargo space.

Cheers,

MadloR

Tom

Tom, I've been using a 'custom' (I made it) mat for some time in the cargo area of my RXnnn's. I first tried in my 2002 RX300 and moved it to our RX400h! It is merely a custom cut piece of rubberized mesh looking material that I've seen used for keeping rugs from sliding over hardwood floors and also seen pieces sold for shelf liners! It comes in different sizes (Container Store sells it as well has home centers in carpet/rug section.) I can set a box of stuff on it in the cargo area and voila!... no slide. Very lightweight, easy to remove for vacuuming under it, and customizable for the area you wish to use it in! Stuff will still 'roll' however and that's maybe where a 'net' has advantage! I can roll it up easily and store or move it around to whereever I need it. Very flexible, inexpensive and effective!

That's very interesting, Roland, thanks. I checked out the Container Store (www.containerstore.com) and, of course, none in Arizona. Can you give me a link on their web site so I can see the product a bit better before I go out hunting? Or a picture would be great too.

Thanks,

Tom

That's very interesting, Roland, thanks. I checked out the Container Store (www.containerstore.com) and, of course, none in Arizona. Can you give me a link on their web site so I can see the product a bit better before I go out hunting? Or a picture would be great too.

Thanks,

Tom

It's called non-adhesive shelf liner at CostCo.

Not water proof tho.

Skyfish, do you mean that Costco sell this in one piece, large enough to fit the rear of an RX400h? I haven't noticed it there, what department?

Tom

Skyfish, do you mean that Costco sell this in one piece, large enough to fit the rear of an RX400h? I haven't noticed it there, what department?

I'm not sure, it comes in a box about 8" sqare and 2' long. You are probably right, it most likey is simply a roll about 2' wide.