Do You Voip With Vonage?

SKperformance

So is there anyone who has vonage and likes or dislikes it?

thanks

My friend used Vonage for awhile and liked it, but he went back to Verizon because he got a good deal on his home phone service(local & long distance) and also his cellphone service.

So is there anyone who has vonage and likes or dislikes it?

thanks

Had it 2 years, Customer Service sucks big time (they are in india and 99% of the time, no real person) and quality of service is just as poor. Went to Verizon voicewing and just as bad. 100% cell now.

MB the sales department in in the Philippines and basic tech support is in India as far as i know everything else that requires higher levels are locate din North America. I personally hate outsourcing especially to countries that do not have English as the first language. I could care less if it was Eskimos in Alaska helping as long as they can help. Not repeat every sentence i make and clueless in thinking outside of the box to figure something out besides unplug this and wait for a light on reboot. It is annoying as people who uses scripts when you call them.

It took 1 month and a total of 7 hours on the phone with Microsoft and dell's support just to get a replacement xp sp1 cd to work with my COA. Both companies have support in India and they are absolute idiots over there.

BTW i am not being racist against Indians as it is part of my heritage. I am an equal opportunity hater especially when it comes to absolute stupidity.

MB the sales department in in the Philippines and basic tech support is in India as far as i know everything else that requires higher levels are locate din North America. I personally hate outsourcing especially to countries that do not have English as the first language. I could care less if it was Eskimos in Alaska helping as long as they can help. Not repeat every sentence i make and clueless in thinking outside of the box to figure something out besides unplug this and wait for a light on reboot. It is annoying as people who uses scripts when you call them.

It took 1 month and a total of 7 hours on the phone with Microsoft and dell's support just to get a replacement xp sp1 cd to work with my COA. Both companies have support in India and they are absolute idiots over there.

BTW i am not being racist against Indians as it is part of my heritage. I am an equal opportunity hater especially when it comes to absolute stupidity.

:D :lol::lol: i appreciate you justifying your not bieng racist, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I actually find Dell's support to be very good. Recently the holding time has decreased, but I try not to call during peak hours, and never try on weekends anymore. My PC was bought with windows ME, which was full of bugs and just didn't work. Dell shipped an XP disc to me free, and I remember it taking two days and around 3-4 hours on the phone. The accents aren't that hard to understand, but I am Indian.

Now if you think Dell's Indian service reps are hard to understand....don't buy a linksys product! I had to call linksys about my wireless network and i think the call went to China and I pretty much had him repeat everything three times. :blink:

The one time I called Microsoft (maybe 1-2 years ago) it was some American lady who was extremely easy to understand.

We almost exclusively use our cells.
Me too. I only have a landline for my home security system. Other than that cell phones and cable internet are making land-lines less and less important.
ive owned dell products for a while now, to be honest, there really isnt any reason to call them
I wish I could say the same. This Inspiron is my first and last Dell because of very poor reliability and quality. Tech support wait time is very, very short, but I do have to pay special attention to interpret the accents.

i rely on my landline a lot. I dont get the best reception in my home, and for some reason, a cordless phone feels much better against the ear and shoulder than a cell phone, call me weird but...its true.

im curious as to what is wrong with your computers? surely nothing a kick to the side of it will fix, lmao

Dell has great support that is located in North America but once you get an outsourced rep it all goes down hill. I finally got my dell/Microsoft issue resolved from a dell rep in Canada after 8 hours and 30 days on the phone in total.

im curious as to what is wrong with your computers? surely nothing a kick to the side of it will fix, lmao
My biggest complaint is the cheap, POS materials they use to construct their laptops. When I pick mine up, it creaks and groans and sounds like it might snap in half. Also, it hummms from time to time for no apparent reason, and actually, wacking it will make it stop. LOL The speakers have failed. My hard drive failed which was a major PITA, but I have to share the blame in the PITA factor because I don't back anything up. I can't really pin that on Dell because they didn't manufacture it. I'm glad I opted for the extended warranty when I got this overpriced and poor-performing Inspiron!