Is350 Vs Gs450h

I heard that the GS450h is the fastest Lexus in the U.S. even faster then the IS350.

Thats a bummer. My girl is getting a 450h and she will kick my IS's !Removed!, lol.

Electric motors and ECVT will do that, forget HP (which there is a lot of), this is all about massive torque starting at 0rpm. But, according to the Lexus site, the 0-60 time for the GS is only a tenth of a second faster, and the top (electronically limited) speed of the GS is capped lower than the IS - Not that I would ever want to go that fast... <_<

Also, I noticed that they don't cite a quarter mile time for the GS. I'm guessing that this is because the hybrid combo just doesn't perform over the wide range necessary for a good quarter mile time, though I'm no expert. I've heard that other hybrids suffer a little in the area of mid-range pull, whereas I haven't seen that in the IS. Tough to beat off the line, but you'll get past her soon enough - if you think it's wise to beat her :whistles:

okay well it turns out the GS brochure says nothing about the hybrid model...but!

the IS350 and Gs430 have hte same quarter mile time of 14.2 seconds (according to lexus). SO im guessing because the gs450H has more power, the hybrid is faster by a little

Well....After driving both the RX400h and the GS450h she decided that the RX is right for her.

She is only 5'2" and the GS was too big for her and she didnt feel young in it.

I agree because I feel much younger in the IS then the GS.

It feels like a car someone in his/her 40's and up will drive and she is only 25.

I think she looks much cuter in the RX Hybrid and I hope it is a good car as well.

Anyone driving the RX Hybrid or knows if it is a good car?

Well....After driving both the RX400h and the GS450h she decided that the RX is right for her.

It feels like a car someone in his/her 40's and up will drive and she is only 25.

I think she looks much cuter in the RX Hybrid and I hope it is a good car as well.

Back when I was waiting for my IS350... I was close to gettting a GS.... they had the color I wanted.. both ext/int... all the options... ML/NAV etc.... and the price was only $7000 more...

But at the end of the day... It just felt like it was more of a 40s+ car... I'm not knocking that age group... I'm just saying.. I felt like my dad!?? It was just a little tooo big for me....

The GS is like a Lear Jet.... the IS350 is the F-16

We have an entire forum dedicated to the RXH and GSH

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=79