Dent Removal

Has anybody ever tried to get out a dent with those dent removal things you find in infomercials these days? There's like three different brands out there that I've seen. I got a dent in my car near my trunk from a softball... I parked the car kind of far from the softball field because I didn't want any homerun balls hitting my car, and of course, when I'm up, I hit the softball opposite field into the parking lot way past the cars parked close and hit my car which is parked pretty much near the end of the parking lot... what luck, eh? but I know that trying to take it in to the dealership or something will cost a lot, so I was wondering if anybody had tried to use the dent removal with any success?

I bought and used the TV Ding King to remove a dent put on my roof made by kids playing football.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2423072115

The Ding King pretty much worked all right, except I pulled out the center of the dent first. This was a mistake. If you use the equipment to encircle the dent (12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 9 o'clock) it probably would have done a perfect job. I also had a ding on the door to the gas filler cap; that was a small ding that is very difficult to remove. So far it has made progress but not worked. You have to use the ding king about ten times or more to be effective. A little experience goes a long way. It does work.

See http://avrum_1999.tripod.com/LexusDing.html for the before/after photos.

I used the ding king. my car had little dings on it before i bought it, i used the ding king and it didn't do anything. it said it may take up to 10 tries to do it, but i still had no result. I am guessing because the dings were about the size of a penny, and in spots where the metal was stronger, like one on the rear driver-side door near the door handel. I dunno... i was kinda sad that it didn't do a thing because dings show up pretty good on black :(

~ProZac~

i feel kinda iffy about using glue on the surface of my car... is there a product out there that doesn't use the glue and still works?

also, my mom's car has a dent in her bumper (some bleep reversed into her, then took off) so will that professional service that flattens out the dent be able to work on the bumper? for my dent, i don't know if $80 is worth it, but for her bumper, it might be worth it, since it's a pretty medium sized dent. also, where can i find these professional dent removal people?

I would call around and use the professional paintless dent removal people. They use special tools and drill small (very small) access holes if needed to get to the back side of the metal and work from there.

My buddy had a Porsche Boxster that someone dented in a grocery store parking lot by sitting a gallon of milk on his fender (rude...I know). The dent removal people came out to where he works, took the dent out and only charged something like $30. It was well worth it because you couldn't see where the dent was when they were done.

Good Luck.