Lexus Alarm....

Hi I was wondering on the IS 350 and the 250 is the alarm a quality alarm or will it just sound if the door opens from the inside. My friend has a 350Z and said that if someone breaks his window the alarm won't sound....There have been several attempts on breaking into his car and the alarm has never gone off, he says that the alarm on most cars is just a keyless entry and pretty much only goes off if the door is opened fromt he inside while locked....And he is investing in a viper alarm, which is supposedly pretty high tech...So is the Lexus alarm like this?( I mean Lerxus is a better quality machine then Nissan) I would assume it would be better and more sophisticated for the amount of money we spent on these beautiful cars....So how effective are the Lexus alarms? Any help would be great, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

That's about all the IS alarm does. There is no motion sensor or glass break detection. You'd have to go aftermarket to get that.

Oh well that sucks...I mean the cars should come with pretty good alarms....How much do the aftermarket ones run?

i dont think cars come with that technology. Your best bet to have the alarm sound when someone is breaking your window is to push the panic button when you see them.

LMAO well if I would see them, their gonna be the one's needing a panic button :cheers:

No factory alarm comes with a shock sensor as it is more of a nuisance to most people.

You can have an aftermarket shock sensor added to your factory one or have a piggy back alarm which has additional features like a shock sensor and remote start from your factory key fob.

No factory alarm comes with a shock sensor as it is more of a nuisance to most people.

You can have an aftermarket shock sensor added to your factory one or have a piggy back alarm which has additional features like a shock sensor and remote start from your factory key fob.

Oh cool so what your saying is I can get the additional aftermarket alarm added onto my key right? And how much does that cost?

Hi I was wondering on the IS 350 and the 250 is the alarm a quality alarm or will it just sound if the door opens from the inside. My friend has a 350Z and said that if someone breaks his window the alarm won't sound....There have been several attempts on breaking into his car and the alarm has never gone off, he says that the alarm on most cars is just a keyless entry and pretty much only goes off if the door is opened fromt he inside while locked....And he is investing in a viper alarm, which is supposedly pretty high tech...So is the Lexus alarm like this?( I mean Lerxus is a better quality machine then Nissan) I would assume it would be better and more sophisticated for the amount of money we spent on these beautiful cars....So how effective are the Lexus alarms? Any help would be great, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

The alarm will sound from any use of electrical components, like the interior lights.

I was in the showroom looking at an IS250 and it was locked.

I reached in the open window and flicked the Unlock button.

Those alarms are LOUD when the car is inside a quiet Lexus showroom. :o :blushing:

Poor guys. In Europe, the IS does have a motion sensor that goes off if someone breaks the window/attempts to break in. It's located where you guys put your sunglasses...in the roof. (funny though...in the German Forum, folks are complaining that they don't have that space for their glasses but that stupid sensor. I guess, either way it's wrong :D )

:cheers:

Poor guys. In Europe, the IS does have a motion sensor that goes off if someone breaks the window/attempts to break in. It's located where you guys put your sunglasses...in the roof. (funny though...in the German Forum, folks are complaining that they don't have that space for their glasses but that stupid sensor. I guess, either way it's wrong :D )

LMAO, hm I guess you can't please everyone. :cheers:

In japan there is a camera that goes up there instead so you can watch the thief.

option_03.jpg

That's pretty cool, but then where would I put my sunglasses lol. :P

Usually in the $200-500 range depending on who installs it.

check

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com

Ok so let me get this straight....The alarm can be installed, and it can be integrated with the IS keyless key (you know that thing lol) So that way you won't have to carry around two of them?

Usually in the $200-500 range depending on who installs it.

check

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com

Wait who else can install it aside from these people and your Lexus dealership...T%he friend that did my tint has an autoshop where he does alarms and sound systems and stuff...Could he do this as well? But then you would be messing wiht the IS remote so you would have to know something about Lexus cars/keys...So I guess Lexus would be the only choice, and they would charge top dollar, correct?

If the guy is experienced and good and you can get the diagrams etc, he should be able to do it. Maybe LMW gives instructions with their unit. If I wanted to do the alarm thing I'd call LMW and talk to them. I hear they are quite accomdating.

If the guy is experienced and good and you can get the diagrams etc, he should be able to do it. Maybe LMW gives instructions with their unit. If I wanted to do the alarm thing I'd call LMW and talk to them. I hear they are quite accomdating.

Ok cool thanks.

You don;t need to know anything about Lexus keys ,it is a basic system that looks for you to lock and unlock your doors in a sequence to activate its remote start system.

They just need to have the proper schematics.