Finally Got One!

OmarG

I took a big risk. I purchased a high mileage 93 LS400. 210k on the clock. Little bit of rust. The rearview mirror works but has a clear spot in it. The Temp Controls LCD is out.(big surprise), the speedo needle is black, the tape player doesn't work, the door handle is broken(still opens though). Leather is dirty but no rips.Normal scraches too. So tell me. Did I get a deal or was I robbed or was it just fair. Has trac and heated seats. Pearl White. Paid $2175. My dad is a mechanic and bodyman so i thought fixing it up might be fun. Drove it from Chicago (where the car was from) to Atlanta with no problems. I'm really exicted! This car is smooth! tell me your thoughts! I would love some feedback. I've only had the car for 48 hrs. Oh, as for gas mileage i got 27 on a constant cruise at 65-70 w/ ac off.

at that price you got a great deal on a '93. the high milage isn't really a problem as long as it was maintained properly. if not then you may have some minor issues, but these cars a built so well that you've got a helluva deal! Great Buy!

For the price, it was a good deal I’ll say. As having a mechanic in the family it is a key bonus, now you would only need to buy the parts without the dreaded service costs. As far has having dirty leather, just see the second page of this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...raser&st=15

If you never heard of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, here is their website:

http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/en_US/...ts/eraser.shtml

btw: Blake (guy with the magical leather) has over 250k miles on his 1995 LS, I am not certain but now close to 275k. Later, he had the driver's seat and the center counsel replaced:

DSC00384.sized.jpg

Welcome Omar! Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on your LS! Familiarize yourself with lexls.com; there is so much great info on his site. ;)

Thankya Steve! ;) I'm up to 278k, and still running pretty well.

Congrats. Best 2k you will ever spend!

I love my 93 and I am sure you willl also.

Some parts are expensive (like every car), but if it drove that far with no issues you should be okay.

Send pictures when you get them!

Cheers

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I will post pictures soon. Today i took the interior apart and put a rug doctor on the filthy carpet. Cleaned all the parts. Now all i have to do is put it back together!. coke stains and old laffy taffy. it was tough. Oh btw i really like the magic erasers except i think i might be too rough on them. they disintegrate on me. I got the car aligned on friday but the car still pulls to the right. Maybe i should rotate the tires. So far so good! one bad thing. $65 to fill up with my paltry salary. Maybe i should get one of those rewards cards... well i guess i can't complain too much with a ls400 at the price of a civic. I love my lexus!

Yeah the gas for any car is expensive right now.

As for the going to the right... It could be the front end with those miles. Do you hear any noises? Did the person who did the alignment say anything about the front end?