What Do You Think About Adr Sterling 18"s?

Ralow

What year is your GS300? What size rims/tires are you running now? The ADR sterling has an offset of 38mm which should be fine for your car with the right tire.

I have a 1999 GS with the garbage stock 16's now...so I want something that looks sporty yet classy and enhances the ride a little without sacrificing the smoothness of the ride. I'm thinking about getting some L-tuned stuff done too. Will these wheels do me right or do I need to go with another size?/

You could use a 225/45/18, 235/40/18, 245/40/18 or a 255/40/18. I would stick with the 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 for a 8.5" rim. I've spent a ton of time researching tires for my RX300. lucky for you the 99 GS300 has a wide range of rim sizes and offsets that will fit. I however was not so lucky, but that's another story.

Just be sure to check the fit of the wheel before putting the tire on it. Mount it on the hub and check for clearances.

Here's a formula I found that helps to determine the actual backspace of your potential setup.

(rim width/2 + .5) + (wheel offset/25.4)

ADR Sterling (18x8.5, ET38)

(8.5/2+.5) + (38/25.4) = 6.246

Based on some other wheels that are recommended for that car this is plenty of backspace for ya and if you stick with the 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 you should have no problem with the tire rubbing while turning either.

Did you find the wheels on ebay? That's where I bought mine. I bought some ADR Kasai 18x8 HMC Silver for $845/ set.

check this deal out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43958

Good luck.

JP

You could use a 225/45/18, 235/40/18, 245/40/18 or a 255/40/18. I would stick with the 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 for a 8.5" rim. I've spent a ton of time researching tires for my RX300. lucky for you the 99 GS300 has a wide range of rim sizes and offsets that will fit. I however was not so lucky, but that's another story.

Just be sure to check the fit of the wheel before putting the tire on it. Mount it on the hub and check for clearances.

Here's a formula I found that helps to determine the actual backspace of your potential setup.

(rim width/2 + .5) + (wheel offset/25.4)

ADR Sterling (18x8.5, ET38)

(8.5/2+.5) + (38/25.4) = 6.246

Based on some other wheels that are recommended for that car this is plenty of backspace for ya and if you stick with the 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 you should have no problem with the tire rubbing while turning either.

Did you find the wheels on ebay? That's where I bought mine. I bought some ADR Kasai 18x8 HMC Silver for $845/ set.

check this deal out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43958

Good luck.

JP

Thanks for the info!! That really helps me out alot.

And yeah, I found them on e-Bay but from a different dude. This guy is in AZ but he's still got the hookup on those ADR. I hope they arent' cheap quality or something.

check it out: ADR rims on Ebay

I just came from the rim and tire shop here and they told me to stay away from ADR rims. He said they chip really easily and that they had a hard time dealing with them about the warranty (his exact words were "ADR is junk").

Has anyone else heard anything bad about these rims or the manufacturer??

I've talked to a LOT of people about the ADR wheels and not ONE person has said anything other than that it's a good wheel and for the money I paid (and what you would pay too) it's a great wheel. The ADR Kasai's I bought have the new HMC Chrome which is a new technology that has the look of chrome without the headaches of chrome. It's a ionic paint/plating process that's looks awesome. The tire guy who's going to mount them once I get my new tires in was so impressed with the wheel. He was telling all of the guys in the shop to come take a look at them.

Call around to dealers who sell ADR and see what they say. Don't just go on the word of one guy who probrably wants you to buy a wheel from him instead of ebay.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. Post pics when ur done. I'll do the same!

JP

The RX looks NICE!!!

I think I've made my mind up and am gonna get the ADR's in the next 2 weeks. Its still a toss up between the Sumitomo HR+ and the Continental tires though. I wanna check out one last rim called Carre' that I saw that looked just like ADRs. But I think I have my mind made up.

Ralow:

ever thought about going with 17s instead of 18s?

Yeah, but I just figured that if I was gonna spend the money I might as well just get 18's. I would get some stock GS400 17's if I could get a good price for some used ones but everyone wants too much so its a better deal to get the aftermarket 18's.

By the way, here is a pic of the Carre's:

CARRE-CM-2_small.jpg

They look pretty much just like the ADR Sterling's but I think they come only in chrome and they cost a little more.

Dude, that's a nice looking wheel! Yeah, ur right, it does look almost identical to the ADRs.

What size are those rims available in? diameter, width, offset, finishes?

Can you see ur RX3 with the new treads yet? :P

JP

Dude, that's a nice looking wheel! Yeah, ur right, it does look almost identical to the ADRs.

What size are those rims available in? diameter, width, offset, finishes?

Can you see ur RX3 with the new treads yet? :P

JP

From what I've seen its a pretty new company but the local rim store has them here so I got a close up look at them. They are pretty nice but a set of four 18 x 8's costs $1250 with no tires. So its considerably more than the ADR's. I don't know what other sizes they come in but you can check here for other rims by Carre'...their own company website isn't up yet.

Carre Sizes from SKP

Carre Homepage

• 3 months later...