2003 Gs 300 - What Gas Mileage You Get?

Just curious to see what kinda mileage you are all getting...Ive been averaging anout 23 and thats getting 92-93 octane - I didnt fill it with 87 once and didnt notice any difference driving wise or MPG wise - which I thought was odd. Its very flat here in indiana and its a pretty good mix of city-hwy driving.

Not sure if their is anything I can do to increase my gas mileage ?

Anyone put a CAI in their lexus - wondering how much boost that will give me and if it helps out gas mileage?

TIA

Ross

Just curious to see what kinda mileage you are all getting...Ive been averaging anout 23 and thats getting 92-93 octane - I didnt fill it with 87 once and didnt notice any difference driving wise or MPG wise - which I thought was odd. Its very flat here in indiana and its a pretty good mix of city-hwy driving.

Anyone put a CAI in their lexus - wondering how much boost that will give me and if it helps out gas mileage?

TIA

Ross

i've been getting 20-23 on the highway and anywhere from 15 - 20 driving city... the city gas mileage sucks... i've been checking the miles per gallon every other tankful for the last six months or so now...

Recently I began to notice turning off A/C makes huge differences. I am getting around 21 for city/hwy driving with A/C off most of the time... used to be 18 with A/C constantly on. The weather is pretty nice here in bay area nowaday. It's a pleasure cruising with openned sunroof.

Wow - I guess I shouldnt complain about 23! Ive had at least a tank thats been almost all city and I dont think ive seen below 22. Anyone hear of ways to get better gas mileage? I think AC is better than windows down - according to myth busters # ; )

• 1 year later...

TIA

Ross

I have 99 lexus with 85k miles. Lexus maintained since birth. 22 mpg city = I run 92-93 octane. I have a light foot which I can tell you from experience makes a big difference in gas mileage.

TIA

Ross

I have 99 lexus with 85k miles. Lexus maintained since birth. 22 mpg city = I run 92-93 octane. I have a light foot which I can tell you from experience makes a big difference in gas mileage.

Easier said than done when you live here in IL, where they do not know how to plow the damn roads and the tires spend more time spinning than propelling the vehicle forward. :wacko: I think since it started snowing I am getting somewhere around 5 or 6 mpg. Haha

Hello Guys & Gals,

I just bought a 1999 GS 300 and I am getting about 350-360 per tank, and I fill when the light comes on. I think it is good especially for winter driving in MN. This car has been great in the snow also, I do have 6 bags of water softener pellets in the back totalling 240 pds which i believe is the ticket. Let me know what you get per tank and how your GS handles in snow. I think turning the VSC when you don't really need it helps out also?

Thanks,

JT

TIA

Ross

I have an 06 GS300 - I am getting 24 average - on trips at highways speeds - I can get as much as 34 to 35 miles per gallon - in the city the worst I get is around 20. For this type of heavy car - I think that is great!

• 3 weeks later...

I just made the trek from Northeast PA down here to Southern South Carolina....767 total miles on a little less then 2 tanks of gas! First tank I received 427 miles to the tank, 2nd one I did 242 miles on the 1st half a tank...... Not bad for a car with 142k on it! Lexus Love!

TIA

Ross

If it helps, I have a 98 gs and get 17-19 city and 25+ hwy. Merry Christmas :cheers: