Well, I pulled into a Shamrock gas station, $2.95 a gallon for premium as we are all keeping tabs, opened the door and... Bam!! In Louisiana, that belongs to Emeril.. :chairshot: But this was a pointed corner on a electrical box..... won't go there. Anyway, a ding, hate those. Any recommendations on Ding removal? Are those "Ding" guys reasonable and how do you evaluate the real ones? I know they go around to Dealers and I know they do great work, but what is the clue to the one's that are honest and know their stuff? Just answered my own question? No, my nearest dealer is 180 miles away. Thanks ;)

Unfortunately you really can't do it yourself. There are products availiable like the "Ding King" that do kinda work, but NOTHING compares to the magic of paintless dent removal.Once you see these guys go to work with pics and rods and leverage you'll swear it was the best $100-$150 you've ever spent.

You're pretty safe with any of the chain people, Dent Wizard, Dent Masters etc. They all require a lot of training and apprenticeships for their techs.

There are products availiable like the "Ding King"

DING KING !!!

Steve WTH are you talking about. I think you are watching to many low budget flicks...

Just kiddin...

Rfields I feel your pain. This is the reason that I leave my Lexus in the Garage as much as I do. I would be *BLEEP*ed off if I did that...but I would be real *BLEEP*ed off if I came back to my car and someone else had done that. I have had a few people get me, and I park at the end of every parking lot. Absolutley no WALMART, or mall parking lots for my Lexus...will drive the Jeep and not have to worry the whole time if someone puts a nice fresh one in the door. Off subject but most people have no respect for other people's stuff.

Sorry to hear about the dent...I think you can find someone that can take it out for you as SW03ES said 100 - 150 bucks...btw you did not damage paint bad did you? If so you may still have to do some touch up work.

Lexi, It's just a small ding with no paint damage. The car is white so you can only see it at certain angles. Going on a trip today for five days. I'll wait till I come back and take Steve's advice and go to the Toyota Dealer and see who they recommend.

LEXI- Have you seen the commercials with the crazy guy? "Just glue this to your paint and pill it off till it pops! LOL, not me.

I'm sure the dealer uses Dent Wizard, which is fine.

Don't feel too bad, I got one on my car that can't be fixed by PDR because its in the dogleg between the rear door and the wheel well. THATS a sad day.

I've seen Dent Wizard's work on 2 different cars one was a '02 BMW 525i which has a bodyline crease about 7 inches down from the top of the door. The dent was right on that crease line - I saw the car before and after -- I would never have suspected there was a dent there - and right on the crease line, which made it even more difficult to remove. The other was a dent on the fender of my dad's '01 Volvo Cross Country - again they removed it - there was no wavyness or any blemish of any kind when they were done. These cars were fixed by two completely different branches of Dent Wizard in different parts of PA. I'm really impressed.

Mark

• 7 months later...

LEXIRX330,

Hi! I know this is an old message but I just had to reply! I know exactly what you mean about others hitting your car. I do the same thing you do when I go somewhere which is park away from everyone else. Lots of times I will come out to find that someone (usually an old beat up car) has parked next to me anyway. Never have understood that one.

I agree that others have no respect for other people's property. The way I see it is, it's MY car and if I want it dinged up, I'll do it myself. My father never allowed us to sit or lean on his cars and I suppose I have gotten this from him. I am the same way and wish others were. I appreciate what I have and always take care of anything I own.

Rant over and thanks for listening!

Cindy

LEXIRX330,

I go somewhere which is park away from everyone else. Lots of times I will come out to find that someone (usually an old beat up car) has parked next to me anyway. Never have understood that one.

Cindy

LMAO! Or some lazy :censored: has pushed a shopping cart up just out into the middle of the parking lot and it ends up next to your car! That is why I love having another car/suv that I can drive and not worry about too...much!

• 3 weeks later...

every single car i've ever owned, from the 80's to now, have all had at least one good ding, no matter what. And none of them from what you would think, another's car door. I am cursed under the Murphy's Law of odd dings. 87 VW GTI hit by a stapler in high school parking lot. 92 Sentra SE-R during Hurricane Berths in 96', fake window shutter flew off house, across the front yard and tagged front quarter panel. 94 Jimmy got hit by a surf board at the beach, and a bottom feeder fishing weight from drunken mishap casting. 99 Subaru Outback got hit by a green pine cone that was like a freakin' baseball. 01' Maxima got hit by small tree branch from hurricane Irene, and my now LS400, I kid you not, has a tiny dent and decent scratch on the passenger's rear door from....off all things...a freakin' SQUIRREL that fell out of the tree at my old house, and tried to use the door to brace his fall.

I no longer fix my dings until I sell or trade the car in, just a waste of money for me.

• 4 weeks later...