Invoice Vs. Msrp

I see there's about a $4000 difference between the invoice and MSRP on 06 IS's. How many people had a dealer willing to discount the price on a new IS and how close were you able to get to the invoice.

I see there's about a $4000 difference between the invoice and MSRP on 06 IS's. How many people had a dealer willing to discount the price on a new IS and how close were you able to get to the invoice.

I called around from Texas all the way here to Mass.... Most dealers wouldnt even talk to you unless you wanted to put a deposit down and wait 3+ months along with paying MSRP...

Then I called Balise in West Spring Field... Told her what I was looking for and without even asking she said no problem and "of course we would work with you on the price with about $2k off msrp"...

Only issue I found... NO ML IN NEW ENGLAND..... :censored:

Wow! That's pretty good. Did it take you a while to get him to go that low, or was he pretty willing to make you a deal? And what style (250 or 350) and options did you get?

I didn't get it yet. Still deciding on color. I used to work with the salesman. I think that's the standard discount he gives to people he knows. I'm looking at the 250. Thinking of tungsten pearl and black leather or granite and black leather.

Wow! That's pretty good. Did it take you a while to get him to go that low, or was he pretty willing to make you a deal? And what style (250 or 350) and options did you get?

I didn't get it yet. Still deciding on color. I used to work with the salesman. I think that's the standard discount he gives to people he knows. I'm looking at the 250. Thinking of tungsten pearl and black leather or granite and black leather. I was contacted by another dealership and he offered $2k below msrp (typical discount). The salesman I know is $300 lower. That is a small difference. Now I want to see how much the broker (who I got my last two cars for $500 below invoice) can get lower. I know invoice price for this car is out of the question (for now).

Well, I purchased a IS250 w/Premium Package/ 18" wheels/Tungsten Pearl/black leather yesterday for $1k over invoice. It didn't take long to come to that price. I probably could have gone lower. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.... Most important, I'm happy with the car.

I used the Costco program and got an IS-350 for about $1500 over invoice without any negotiation at all. The dealer had a starndard discount they use for the Costco program, and he gave me the 250 discount (which is bigger) even though I bought a 350 - and I didn't get the high-end navation and stereo option, and he had to trade another dealer to get the car. In February, I asked another dealer for a quote and was given a lease price of $650 a month, which I was not interested in. Either he was not serious, or the prices have come down. The dealer I purchased from (Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills) was selling a lot of IS-350s. I dealt with the fleet manager. It was a very pleasant experience.

David

Last Friday I went to Lexus of Austin here in Texas and test drove a 250 auto trany because I just couldn't wait any longer, I love this car. I'm not ready to buy yet b/c the laese on my current car isn't up until the beginning of september. The salesman I talked to said that it was a good thing that I had a few months b/c that's when they usually have their end-of-year sale, but he had to have the car on the lot. He also said that if I let him know which model and options I wanted by around July, he could get the car for me and by the time I was ready to buy. I did'nt discuss price with him though, so i'm not sure how low he would be willing to go, but if he really wanted to sell me a car he'd make me a deal. I am interested in a 250 with the luxury package and 6spd auto.

By the way, how do ya'll like your IS?

That's very good to know. I haven't heard too many complaints about the new IS. The main one I've heard is about a grinding nois when making u-turns annd stuff. Have you experienced that? And I know it's a minor question, but, correct me if I'm wrong, but the IS only has one cup holder in the front correct? Have you found this to be an annoyance or given this any thought?

I've never heard any noises other than the usual car noises. I suspect some folks may be turning the wheel all the way to the lock and holding it there too long. This is not recommended with any car with power steering.

There are two front cup holders. One is in the console and the other is open when you slide the arm rest halfway back. The rear cup holders are on the front of the rear armrest. Both armrests also have small concealed storage bins.

You can learn a lot by browsing through the owners manual files posted here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=25999

• 3 weeks later...

Just a suggestion; I used a car buying service called "Carbargains.com" and they were able to get me 1500 over invoice without me having to negotiate at all. the service cost $190.00 but it was the best 200 dollars i spent on a 40,000 car. without the service i was getting quotes at the lowest 2000 over invoice.

I love my IS350. It couldn't be better if I'd had it tailor made. I've had mine since October and have found no flaws.

I second that!!!! Everyday, I wake up and I can not wait to go and get in it!! No flaws... Just an Amazing car!!

As for the sound when turning... I have not heard the sound myself and i've tried to replicate it........

Only wish I have is... for it 2 comes with a detailer.... I wash the car at 11am.... 3pm it looks like it was sitting next to a dirt road!!!! :censored:

It continues to impress me that I haven't heard or read many (in any) major complaints or problems with the IS that would be a factor in my decision. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it, and when I saw how reasonably priced it was, I was even more in love. But then why am I still considering the Acura TL? Because I do have to face th efact that money is a partial issue. The TL offers an amazing package for the money, and along with the money the dealer would be willing to take off the MSRP. I just hope I make the right decision.

Silver, thank's for the tip about carbargains.com. I'll be sure to check that out. And David Redfearn, can you elaborate on the Costco program? Can anyone get it?

Thank you

Invoice, I bet 99.9% of the invoice prices people are quoted or find online, including Edmunds.com are pure B.S. The only true invoice is straight from the dealer daily website. Only dealer GM's have the real numbers. They will also B.S. the salesmen as to the "invoice" to keep profit in the deal.

It continues to impress me that I haven't heard or read many (in any) major complaints or problems with the IS that would be a factor in my decision. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it, and when I saw how reasonably priced it was, I was even more in love. But then why am I still considering the Acura TL? Because I do have to face th efact that money is a partial issue. The TL offers an amazing package for the money, and along with the money the dealer would be willing to take off the MSRP. I just hope I make the right decision.

Silver, thank's for the tip about carbargains.com. I'll be sure to check that out. And David Redfearn, can you elaborate on the Costco program? Can anyone get it?

Thank you

If you're going to keep the car 3 or 4 years, then you'll get your money back in resale value with the Lexus. My IS300 sold for 60% of it's original price when it was 4 years old.

Thank you

Not sure about the resale value of the Acura... but... I know I see the TLs EVERYWHERE!! They are a sharp car... and I've been trying to talk my friend into getting one being he only wants to pay around $30k... My brother in law in Houston got a TL a week before my IS came in... I told him to take a look at the IS250.. but everyone around him drives a Lexus of some kind... so he wanted to be different...I can relate... I'm the type that I just want errr have to be different and not the norm... Being the amount of BMW 3s and the Acuras I see around town... and now the G35s... It made the IS350 a easy choice even before ever seeing one in person... Also I the interior and the way its built... It seems and feels like a $60k+ car....

I was tired of waiting for my IS and close to getting a GS... ;) glad I didn't.....

Acura seems like a great car... and like I said.. I have one in my family and trying to talk my friend into one.... BUT... since you don't live around me :) lol GET THE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

You have to be a Cosco member - when you go to the Cosco web site to request a referal, you have to enter your Costco number, and then theoretically, show your Costco card to the dealer to get a quote. They asked to see my card at Vista Lexus (Woodland Hills, CA), but I also got a qote on a BMW 325, and that dealer (Center BMW) gave me a quote over the phone without asking for any information, so I wouldn't be surprised if dealers vary in how they deal with this. You do have to have a Costco number to get the initial referal. Vista Lexus had a form with standard discounts - larger for the 250, smaller for the 350, but I got the larger discount for the 350 I bought. The whole thing was very easy - possibly becasue I had done a lot of research, and said that I was considering the 325i. I dealt with the fleet manager for the quote, but the sale was handled by a regular sales associate (Paige Grant - very nice and efficient). Considering that Thousand Oaks Lexus had quoted me a much higher price just a couple of months earlier, this was a pleasant surprise. They had to trade with another dealer to get me the car I wanted. Given the savings, it might be worth it to buy a Costco membership just to get the quote.

David

Let me start out by saying that I leased my current car, and I really like the idea of being able to get a new car every 3 years or so, so I would prob.l lease my next car. This would basicly mean that resale value of my next car is not an issue. And Cherokee Outlaw, you brought up a good point. I do see a lot of TLs on the road where I live too. I too want my car to stand out and I know the IS wouldn't disappoint, considering I've only seen 3 of them around my neck of the woods. This only sells me more on the IS. As for the Costco program, I am a Costco member already, which is good, so this program seems like it has the potential to help me a lot. Thanks for all your input everyone and keep it comming if anyone has something to say.

• 1 month later...

I had a question. Here in OKLAHOMA in June i ordered a 250 that came to about 35k with the options i got. At that time we talked price and he would only give me 500 off. He said that they could not go lower because they cannot keep the cars on the lot plus the fact that i had to special order mine. Now i know that in OK they cannot hold your deposit by law even though they try. Do i have a leg to stand on if i try to go in when the car arrives and work a lower price. If so what should i be paying for a 35k car with the options. Any help would be awesome. I am just not sure if the " we cannot go lower because of the demand and ordering of the car " BS.

I had a question. Here in OKLAHOMA in June i ordered a 250 that came to about 35k with the options i got. At that time we talked price and he would only give me 500 off. He said that they could not go lower because they cannot keep the cars on the lot plus the fact that i had to special order mine. Now i know that in OK they cannot hold your deposit by law even though they try. Do i have a leg to stand on if i try to go in when the car arrives and work a lower price. If so what should i be paying for a 35k car with the options. Any help would be awesome. I am just not sure if the " we cannot go lower because of the demand and ordering of the car " BS.

I've talked to 2 dealers in my area and one is willing to work on price, the other just won't budge at all.... it truely depends on the dealer and the popularity of the car in that area.

If they set a price and you ordered the car, there is little chance of them budging.... but that does mean you can't try.

Yeah. Well now my car will be an 07. The 07s are expected to rise a little in MSRP. I was told that i wont have to pay anymore for an 07 than i already expect to pay for the 06. A dealer in Texas is working on getting me the car i want for 1500 cheaper but i am pretty much not wanting an 06 anymore at this point due to haveing a year old car with a brand new loan. we will see what happens. i am just gonna have to be patient.

All depends if you have Crimson or Orange on when you go talk with them... ;)

Yeah. Well now my car will be an 07. The 07s are expected to rise a little in MSRP. I was told that i wont have to pay anymore for an 07 than i already expect to pay for the 06. A dealer in Texas is working on getting me the car i want for 1500 cheaper but i am pretty much not wanting an 06 anymore at this point due to haveing a year old car with a brand new loan. we will see what happens. i am just gonna have to be patient.

Herb Chambers has the IS250 starting @ $29,900.. at least thats what they say on the radio...