Invoice Vs. Msrp

Herb Chambers has the IS250 starting @ $29,900.. at least thats what they say on the radio...

but if I know Herbie, all his IS's will have those standard options so you will be hard pressed to find a sub 30k IS on his lot.

steviej

It continues to impress me that I haven't heard or read many (in any) major complaints or problems with the IS that would be a factor in my decision. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it, and when I saw how reasonably priced it was, I was even more in love. But then why am I still considering the Acura TL? Because I do have to face th efact that money is a partial issue. The TL offers an amazing package for the money, and along with the money the dealer would be willing to take off the MSRP. I just hope I make the right decision.

Silver, thank's for the tip about carbargains.com. I'll be sure to check that out. And David Redfearn, can you elaborate on the Costco program? Can anyone get it?

Thank you

When I was looking to buy, in April, I drove a TL in South Austin, and considered buying it, but then I drove a red 350 at LexusofAustin. That was the car! Oh, but they didn't have one, except the demo. Salesman (Steve) wasn't inclined to give me any price break on an ordered 350, so I called around and found a TP/blk one with a Luxury package at Sewell in Ft. Worth. Salesperson (Christiane) offered me 1800 off sticker. Drove up and bought it the next day. They spent all day prepping it, and helped me get my old 2000 Solara home (sold it later for 2200 more than they'd offered for it). Great sales/service, I'd say. I much prefer the rear-wheel drive vs. the FWD on the TL. Also, don't like the sound of the VTEC engine; when you goose it, it whines. The dealer was going to give me free tires for the life of the TL!! That was a pretty enticing offer. But, decided to get what I really liked. No complaints about the IS350!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what the exact invoice cost is for the 2007 IS250 but I got mine for $4k below MSRP. MSRP was $38,002 (Nav, Premium, Preferred, Wheels, Spoiler, HID Headlights). Price including dest. was $34,000 exactly. Total out the door with tax and license was $36,977.

It seems like these cars are so hot right now that they'll make pretty much any deal you want so they can get back out on the floor and sell the next one. Who knows. I was pretty adamant that was the price I wanted or I was walking. Of course they tried to say they weren't making any money on it.. blah blah blah. But unless you live in an area where there is low supply (there are a ton here in So Cal) you should be able to negotiate a pretty sweet deal... $1200 or $1300 over invoice including destination charge.

Good luck all and enjoy your new Lexus!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what the exact invoice cost is for the 2007 IS250 but I got mine for $4k below MSRP. MSRP was $38,002 (Nav, Premium, Preferred, Wheels, Spoiler, HID Headlights). Price including dest. was $34,000 exactly. Total out the door with tax and license was $36,977.

It seems like these cars are so hot right now that they'll make pretty much any deal you want so they can get back out on the floor and sell the next one. Who knows. I was pretty adamant that was the price I wanted or I was walking. Of course they tried to say they weren't making any money on it.. blah blah blah. But unless you live in an area where there is low supply (there are a ton here in So Cal) you should be able to negotiate a pretty sweet deal... $1200 or $1300 over invoice including destination charge.

Good luck all and enjoy your new Lexus!

thats a good deal. there a shortage here on the IS in new york, i have to like wait like good 5 weeks for it. my dealer told me every IS that comes in is sold and its no joke. i really dont see any in the lot everytime i go.