What Day(s) Of The Week Do You Wash Your Car?

I always used to use an automatic carwash but since I've had the Lexus I wash it myself. Except during the winter, then I fork over the $20 and let the detailer do it LOL. I love washing the car, very relaxing. I usually do it during the week, Thursday or Friday so it'll be clean for the weekend, so sometimes I do it Sunday so it'll be clean for the week ahead. I use a self serve place if I dont do it in the driveway, take my washing buckets and such along and just use the high pressure wand for the rinsing. I actually generally do it around 9PM or so when nobody's there.

I wash each of my cars, including my 400, several times a week. If it doesn't rain, I use a california duster. I usually wash the vehicles laste at night, sometimes after midnight. I like to wash at night because it's much cooler and also the soap doesn't dry before you have done the whole thing. I put two huge floodlights up on the top corners of my garage, so I have plenty of light.

funny you said that tic,

I'm just south of Boston and been raining since last week.

Today I had sun, so I washed my car by hand cause I am on vacation and I was bored.

I tried sk suggestion of just letting it dry. I was horrified by the spots. I know, I know, they went away with waxing but just the sight of it. My brain was damaged.

ok....I'm over it now.

so anyway. I washed, waxed, polished, cleaned glass, vacuumed, got a tan to boot and realized I saved a whole lot of money. The neighbors dog even wanted in on the water action, so I soaked him. Labs are so much fun.

steviej

im in philadelphia and also been in the rain for the last week.Today was the first half decent day we had so i cleaned it up pretty good.did anyone ever try the sqeege or windsheild wiper idea to dry the car?it really works awsome and you dont have the worrys of rubbing dirt into the paint!i have zero percent swirl marks on it!i just bought a new camera so im going to take some good pics of it then post them in the gallery.i keep forgetting!

I was in NJ earlier in the week and it rained, I'm in Virginia Beach now and it's raining. Matter of fact it's been raining all year.

Regard just letting your car dry after washing, I guess you learned not to do that. You must have a California Water Blade. They are under $20, in fact they have a two pack at Costco for under $20. Whip the water off with it , then dry off with a towel.