Xenon Bulbs 1994 Ls400?

xmanpike

PIAA's and silverstar's are not xenons. xenons need a ballast, ignitor and xenon bulb. more than likely those bulbs are HO halogens. if you did place a true xenon kit in your headlight housing the output would SUCK. the light would scatter everywhere and blind incomming drivers. the best way to use true xenons would be to retrofit. lots of info on HIDplanet.com; this would also cost up to $1000 depending on which route you go and requires LOTS of MODDING. i'm in the process of a retrofit on the lighting forum but due to the high cost i had to place it on the back burner. my suggestion spend $40 and get the PIAA's / Silverstar's or get a nice notepad and a large check book and learn how to retrofit on hidplanet. :D

Good Luck! :cheers:

What's the difference between Xenon and HID? And what year did the LS have the HID option.

Thanks.

HID became an option on the 98+ LS and the difference between a xenon and HID doesnt exist because there the same thing just different way of saying it like pc and computer the fact that PIAA or silvastar arnt TRUE xenons there just the same type of bulbs u have in ur car now covered with a bluish tint to create a different color light and xenon bulbs or HID which is the same as xenon but a different way of saying it have xenon gas in the bulbs and require ballasts and theres honestly noway to plug and play them in our cars 97 and below although there is a kit u can buy called the H1 xenon kit which will run you about 300-400 but thats simple as plug and play but i would belive that u would be blinding the drivers oncomeing due to the fact that your LS doesnt have a fine cutoff beam that most cars with xenon or bixenon

-to sum it up if you want TRUE xenons youll need projectors, clear your headlights, and alot of $$$$

What's the difference between Xenon and HID? And what year did the LS have the HID option.

Thanks.

HID became an option on the 98+ LS and the difference between a xenon and HID doesnt exist because there the same thing just different way of saying it like pc and computer the fact that PIAA or silvastar arnt TRUE xenons there just the same type of bulbs u have in ur car now covered with a bluish tint to create a different color light and xenon bulbs or HID which is the same as xenon but a different way of saying it have xenon gas in the bulbs and require ballasts and theres honestly noway to plug and play them in our cars 97 and below although there is a kit u can buy called the H1 xenon kit which will run you about 300-400 but thats simple as plug and play but i would belive that u would be blinding the drivers oncomeing due to the fact that your LS doesnt have a fine cutoff beam that most cars with xenon or bixenon

-to sum it up if you want TRUE xenons youll need projectors, clear your headlights, and alot of $$$$

There is no distinct cut-off, but what you could do is lower the headlight alignment. When I first installed my hid's I had people flashing their high beams all the time. I lowered them them a little and no one has flashed their high beams. I still have a better "view" at night and its not blinding anyone. But I would recommend if you install HID's you lower the low beams!

Then, what year did the LS start to have the Bi-Xenon lights?

What's the difference between Xenon and: BiXenon? Or Bilevel Xenon?

Thanks.

xenon is the name of the gas that creates the light. the LS had an HID option in '98+ models but didn't have projectors until '04+. the projector is a closed unit that projects the light kinda like an eyeball. there are HID reflectors, where like lexus082 said they will not blind oncomming traffic and produce a massive amount of light. think of the Acura CL's, the last running generation had them. bixenon is like a High-beam/ low-beam headlight setup. the cutoff shield moves downward allowing more light to shine through the lense. Sorry, Lexus doesn't use Bixenons all of the cars have seperate high beams (DRL's) but the new Acura TL's do, certain MB's and BMW's also, but they are rare because the solenoid to move the shield is normally huge. also there are halogen projector that produce good light, think of the Acura MDX, Toyota Celica, certain Audi's also.