Moonroof Question

Yeah, the stops-halfway thing when it closes is kind of annoying.

Half the time I have a mini-panic attack because I think it's broken!

:o

When I was car shopping I actually came across an ES with *no* sunroof/moonroof. I was so surprised. I'd never seen an ES without one. That's another thing that I just thought was standard.

For me, a moonroof is a must and a definite deciding factor when looking to buy! :D May sound crazy, but I feel less "enclosed" when a car has a moonroof. Car feels more spacious.

Just don't leave the sunroof open when you decide to have lunch in your beloved Lexus under a nice, shady tree. Birds are not your friends - :lol:

I agree with Alan, the tracks are probably dirty and need lubricating.

Just be happy its auto open/close LOL, my Explorer has one you have to hold the button, THATS annoying.

my friend has a BMW that uses a crank to open the sunroof.

OK the car is an 86 but it is still beautiful.

I remember T-Tops, now those where cool, but they only look good on a 2 door. Did I just show my age....sorry.

steviej

i also cant stand the stupid half way moonroof thing.i thought it was broke until i found out thats the way it is.i would also try the lubrication that should help.i too think the car is more spacious with a moonroof and dont think i could own another car without one.

LOL @ StevieJ!!

I couldn't own another car without a moonroof/sunroof either.

Even just a sunroof isn't going to cut it with me. I love driving at night with the moonroof open - many a beautiful night here in So Cal for gazing at (while of course, keeping my eyes on the road!)

Note to self: Wake up early, go to Target, buy white grease :)

FYI: In the '02-'03 ES they eliminated the half stopping of the moonroof. When you press the button and let go it automatically closes fully. Originally this half stop in the earlier ES's was supposed to be a safety feature. Now if somebody obstructs the closing it automatically reverses direction.

You can stop the moonroof at any point during its travel by simply touching the reverse side of the switch once, it'll stop dead in it's track.

H8R, I dont know that Target will carry the grease. Probably your best bet is to go to some sort of car parts store like Auto Zone, Pep Boys or the like. Toyota will carry it, as will Lexus. Its good stuff to have, used to grease the door hinges and latches etc also.

i always wanted a trans-am t-top......with a turbo boost button and a crazy red light :D

i must say, having to drive a car w/o a moonroof SUCKS! and also, i can't deal with the steering anymore in the old car.... i never thought i would like Eze so much....my fav car used to be the camry (how can u say no to a thumping cd player and cloth seats)

but now, ill say NO anyday.... i missed listening to tapes (minus rewind and fastforward) and i love wind so i can't deal without a moonroof..

and as for birds, they aim at my car ALL THE TIME so there is no way ill leave it open, or even tilted....no way..... i hate birds.....and CATS! my boss's cat walks on the car all the time..... everyday i find foot prints leading to the roof ( just hoping the cat isnt sleeping on the moonroof, cuz that could harm it)....

like i said earlier, im hooked on Lexus now.

H8R Proof: how much was that "less than standard" lexus? or did it not say?

The cat sleeping on the moonroof can't hurt it, no need to worry.

I get in the car a lot and find little footprints going up the windshield, they've never done any damage.